Intermittent blob appearing inside the screen

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Guest TehJumpingJawa

Just had this happen to mine while I was out walking!

At first I thought it was water/condensation, but a quick google lead me here.

- took off back cover,

- removed battery

- pinched the phone between my thumb (on the screen where the bubble was) and index finger (in the battery compartment)

- applied a little pressure several times; on the 2nd press the bubble disappeared (like it popped back to its correct alignment)

TY for the thread; saved me having to dismantle the phone to investigate.

No wonder the G300 was discontinued so soon after release.

Though of all the manufacturer faults I've encountered in previous phones, this is a fairly benign one that I'm willing to live with.

It's still a great phone; especially for the £63 I paid for mine.

Edited by TehJumpingJawa

This is the ultimate (which means WORKS FLAWLESSLY and INSTANTLY, every time) solution for me - a suction cup WITH A LEVER! :) (that produces the suction):

IMG_6253.JPG

You only need to place the suction cup below or above the "blob" and pull it away.

Enjoy! :)

Edited by cazad

Guest Hogweed

No wonder the G300 was discontinued so soon after release.

What makes you think it is discontinued? Vodafone will still sell you one.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest nscrivener

I had the same problem and followed the advice above about blowing into the USB port. You need to create some pressure, i.e. put your mouth right up to it but it worked!!!

Guest Armadillo1

I've had this issue for a while and recently tried using Silica gel as I thought it was moisture from me stupidly using the phone in the rain but by accident I noticed this post.

A few gentle squeezes on the blob removed it, which is great but I'm still considering whether I should try to bring it back to the Vodafone shop as this has happened a few times now.

Guest krishang3

Guys thus happens when pressure is put on screen.

Easy to fix : push the screen down not to hard lol just push it then keep doing until blob goes smaller and smaller then it'll disappear nothing to worry about.

Guest Al_1604

Happened to me once a few weeks ago (phone had been in coat pocket while I walked the dog in the rain - coincidence?).

The 'Blob' moves and changes size when the screen glass is gently pressed so it has the appearance of a moisture issue (I assume the LCD is very close to the back of the digitiser screen so a tiny droplet of moisture would spread by capillary action), pressing / pulling or blowing could all reasonably be enough to shift a tiny blob of moisture but if it is moisture then it's neither a phone fault nor really a warranty issue IMO.

I like the blowing method for its pure simplicity but beware that breath is 'wet' (assuming you're alive) so probably better to use an aerosol blower (air duster) or other dry pressure source (be very careful with the sometimes high pressures of aerosol cans though!).

I cleared mine just by pressing on the blob a couple of times and it's not happened since (though I avoid putting the phone in my coat pocket in wet weather now).

I had a visit from Mr Blobby yesterday for the first time. I have had the phone for three months now and never had a problem. Up until yesterday I carried it in my shirt pocket but yesterday I put it into my jeans back pocket as I was weeding and was bending over a lot. (Didn't want it to fall out and crush the weeds !!)

Blob was about centre screen so I removed the back and battery, pushed gently back to front a couple of times and Mr Blobby was gone!

Guest rachelle doherty

It happed to me it was in my pocket and I took it out and put on the table and then I put it back in my pocket and then it didn't come back. Then a about 5hours later on took it out of my pocket and it was there again. Don't no what to do someone help ! My name is Rachelle

I had the same problem and followed the advice above about blowing into the USB port. You need to create some pressure, i.e. put your mouth right up to it but it worked!!!

Hmm, I'd be worried about blowing moisture into the guts of the phone.

Guest PixelPixie

I got the blob last week after sitting on my phone for 20mins without realising.

All I did was press the back in quiet hard so that the blob got bigger, then on release the blob was smaller. Repeated this until the blob disappeared, maybe four or five presses.

Was relieved to see it go. Probably helped I'm not very heavy :-).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest happyblob

I'd like to apologise on behalf of blobs in general, Its blobs like this that give me a bad name...

But on a more serious note, I've experienced the problem too. Had my G300 in a jeans pocket as I was moving house, took it out to find the blob (around the size of a 2P coin, centre screen) and assumed I must have put some serious pressure on the screen (since I'd been lifting furniture etc). Was rather upset but when I came to use the phone the next day, it had entirely disappeared without any active intervention on my part. This happened around a month ago, but thankfully it hasn't returned since. It has to be said though, my G300 is actually my satnav and spare phone so it doesn't see much pocket time.

While I'm sure I had a visit from Betty Swollox that day for the manual work, I suspect it is pressure and not moisture related. The ease with which it can be totally removed, without leaving any marks (by many accounts) doesn't seem entirely consistent with moisture build up. Moreover I've owned many phones in the past, some with obvious potential for moisture build up (with dust finding its way under screens, I'm sure this is familiar to some) and yet haven't experienced anything like this previously.

I'm not going to be returning my G300 though, their hard to come by for the money I paid and I've been very impressed by it otherwise

Wish to just confirm that using a Sat Nav "sucker" clears up a tenacious "blob" issue.

I have had the "blob" intermittently since I've had the phone from Jun 2012, and usually it went after a day. You could audibly hear the final release, a bit like the "dink" when removing the original screen protector .

But the last one did not appear to want to go. It lasted days and the previous actions of trying to sort of "dry" it out e.g. leaving it in the airing cupboard, put by the air outlet of a laptop etc.did not work.

So the sucker just did the trick.

Still not convinced it's purely pressure. The "Betty Swallocks" theory on another site would to me appear to hold water :-).

As the plastic on the LCD does not normally stick to the digitizer screen, I do think some moisture is involved here.

Occasionally then allowing the plastic to not want to naturally leave the screen.

Like when you use suckers normally, you wet them to help get an air tight grip and they will stick for ages e.g. razor holders on tiles in a bathroom.

The blowing in the USB port had no affect, apart from making me wonder was I being video'd for YouTube.

Guest Armadillo1

This blob is getting on my nerves. It occurs every time I've had it in my pocket, so like 5+ times a day. Pressing a few times on the screen used to do the trick but it's definitely getting worse. I have to press around 10 times now.

I guess if I bring it to the shop I'd have to flash the original ROM, otherwise I wouldn't be able to return it, as it's not 'in original condition', right?

Guest Al_1604

This blob is getting on my nerves. It occurs every time I've had it in my pocket, so like 5+ times a day. Pressing a few times on the screen used to do the trick but it's definitely getting worse. I have to press around 10 times now.

I guess if I bring it to the shop I'd have to flash the original ROM, otherwise I wouldn't be able to return it, as it's not 'in original condition', right?

If you bought, say, a Windows XP laptop and upgraded it to Windows 7 and it subsequently developed a hardware fault do you think you'd have to restore it to Window XP before asking for a warranty repair? I know it's seen as different for things like Android phones but why should it be? Any persistent blob is obviously OS/Firmware/Software independent (but I'd bet my last tuppence they'd blame it on you getting the phone wet or any other possible excuse though). Has anyone found it impossible to cure after trying ALL the suggested fixes?

I speak as a 'one blob man' (only suffered the problem once) so don't necessary have the experience of 'mulyiblobbers' or 'serial blobbers' in this matter. :)

Why do pockets seem to be such a major factor in this issue????????

Edited by Al_1604

Guest hippy dave

i've had it again a few times this week, while moving house. it was in the same pocket (near the aforementioned swallocks) as always, but the sustained physical activity meant greater body heat. blowing in the usb still got rid of it each time.

annoying, but it doesn't happen for me in typical daily use, so i guess i can live with it on these rare occasions.

• 2 months later...
Guest AiCaramba!

i have my g300 since a half year now and never had this problem ...until today. I went snowboarding and carried my g300 in the pant-pocket. Opening the pockets I realized a high humidity there, and saw the blobs on the Phone.

What we experience is a slight deformation of the gorilla-glas, leading to contact with the lcd-panel. But this wouldn't be enough to create a blob. A very thin film of condensed fluid has to be present. In this case the touching surfaces become connected by a fluid-layer. Here very strong capillary forces are acting, keeping the surfaces together. This model is supported by the yellow circles sorrounding the blobs (dispersion at the fluid-border). Moreover one can see small air-bubbles in the blobs.

However, i solved the problem by pulling the glas apart from the lcd-panel by placing e.g. a vacuum cup on it, so one can grab it.

Afterwards, I suggest to hold a hoover at several openings from the phone, to suck out the humidity.

• 3 months later...
Guest peto01

With thanks to rustycress on the vodafone forum, who said......

I find that putting my lips over the charging ( coms ) port and gently blowing lifts the glass enough to erase the area where the two layers are stuck together with the vaccuum . Make sure you are not going to spit in the socket.

This works brilliantly.

Guest jamie_w

I've had this issue quite a few times and I've even sent my phone away to get it repaired ( for other problems as well mind ) to Huawei's repair center and each time its never been fixed. From what I've read its the adhesive holding the gorilla screen that's coming loose. To fix the problem GENTLE put pressure on the blob till it goes away ( few seconds ) .