TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts
  • Devices:X10, Pyra, HOX
  • Twitter:@TripNRaVeR

You have to release the sources because android is open source. Otherwise you are offending the android open source licence..

I dont have to release the sources, i'm not offending any license. Ps. please point me to the HTC Sense source i need some parts from it to get everything working :)

Posted Image
if you like my work, please buy me an ice cold beer :)

KKteam

KKteam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Linux, Android, WebDevelopment
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@AndroTux
Sense is not open source because it's self written code. But you just customized existing code: AOKP.

And yes, you are offending android's and / or AOKP's license.

TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

Sense is not open source because it's self written code. But you just customized existing code: AOKP.

And yes, you are offending android's and / or AOKP's license.

Lol you obvisiously dont know what you are talking about, discussion closed. I'm not offending any license.
ps. HTC Sense is based on Google Android source

But again discusion closed, 1 more post about source and you will be reported

Posted Image

KKteam

KKteam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:Linux, Android, WebDevelopment
  • Twitter:@AndroTux
Have fun reporting me ;) Hope it feels good.. But it's a shame not to release sources.. you're blocking the whole community with your egoism.

sumeshd

sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:HTC ONE X
  • Twitter:@sumesh_d

You have to release the sources because android is open source. Otherwise you are offending the android open source license..

Then go compile it urself..

sumeshd

sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Have fun reporting me ;) Hope it feels good.. But it's a shame not to release sources.. you're blocking the whole community with your egoism.

Hand on a minute gents, before this gets out of hand, aokp falls under the Apache Software License. And that license allows you to change the licensing terms. Read the license & understand it.

Kernels fall under GPL and that you cannot change.

Is it morally right? No. Is it legal? Yes.

Edited by sumeshd, 30 April 2012 - 10:55 PM.

ModacoLoginIstDoof

ModacoLoginIstDoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Linux,Android,IT
  • Devices:Advent Vega,Motorola Defy
  • Twitter:@Moto_Defy
Hmm... why are you angry that quick? It was just a little conversation with two diffrent sights, that what bullet boards are made for... discussions about stuff...
makes him not that sympathetic to me...

Huh!?

sumeshd

sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Hmm... why are you angry that quick? It was just a little conversation with two diffrent sights, that what bullet boards are made for... discussions about stuff...
makes him not that sympathetic to me...

Ya but arguing wid a dev and telling him of legality then anyone will be pissed off..
If u want to make a Rom go and compile it urself..asking for sources here and getting all d credits posting in another community is against moral of anyone..

ModacoLoginIstDoof

ModacoLoginIstDoof

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Linux,Android,IT
  • Devices:Advent Vega,Motorola Defy
  • Twitter:@Moto_Defy
Hey!
I love Android because of Open Source, I want to compile the ROM on my Phone myself because isn't that cool?
Sayin "Hey the Software on my Phone... I compiled it myself!" That is no Criminal, thats what many people do with their Linux PC :)

I compiled a Rom for my Motorola Defy, it is just awesome :)

Huh!?

SkUk21

SkUk21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:State of the art Technology
  • Devices:SPV M3100
Those attacking TripNRaVeR put a sock in it. he has done an awesome job, I dont care if he shares his code or not. that up to him

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
A little back to topic...
First of all : Thank you so much Trip, been dying for this since I bought my One X ;)
It's a shame XDA hasn't even apologized... thought they were better than that...

Here to my question(s) :
Is it possible for you to apply the fixes you added on CM9 version to AOKP version ? Or, can you or someone explain me what CM9 has what AOKP hasn't, as I didn't really try CM9 before, but loved AOKP all the way.

(ps: just saw you didn't update you CM9 OP, so people might think camera is still not working ;) )

Thanks again for the amazing and fast work :)

TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts
XDA is all about power and personal likings they only pretend to be a developer community, its just as closed as my source lol when the clown there doesnt like youre avatar for example he will just as easy kick you out. So its no community back there.

Lets get back to things that are important, thanks for notifying me i updated the OP in the CM9

I will fix this rom up soon

Posted Image

sumeshd

sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

XDA is all about power and personal likings they only pretend to be a developer community, its just as closed as my source lol when the clown there doesnt like youre avatar for example he will just as easy kick you out. So its no community back there.

Lets get back to things that are important, thanks for notifying me i updated the OP in the CM9

I will fix this rom up soon

Will you update TripNDroid OS today or tomorrow when 1.29 ruu will be available..;)
I miss the customized lock screen options..:(

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Could someone explain me the (real) difference between CM9 and AOKP ?
I thought AOKP took off CM9 optimisations and tweaks and just added some other ones and visual enhancements, so theoretically AOKP has more to offer ?!
I just want to have the most advanced out there ;)

elroy944

elroy944

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:HD2, Desire, Desire HD
  • Twitter:@Elroy944

Could someone explain me the (real) difference between CM9 and AOKP ?
I thought AOKP took off CM9 optimisations and tweaks and just added some other ones and visual enhancements, so theoretically AOKP has more to offer ?!
I just want to have the most advanced out there ;)

Most advanced is tripndroid rom :)

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Most advanced is tripndroid rom :)

I know... but somehow for the whole support thing I prefer a ROM based on a more wide-spread distribution (nothing against tripndroid OS or Trip at all, but this is also a long term point of view, if i change my device, I'd prefer to find the same fetures on my new phone, and there are more chances with CM9 or AOKP)

TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts

I know... but somehow for the whole support thing I prefer a ROM based on a more wide-spread distribution (nothing against tripndroid OS or Trip at all, but this is also a long term point of view, if i change my device, I'd prefer to find the same fetures on my new phone, and there are more chances with CM9 or AOKP)

Well you never know how big TripNDroid Mobile Eng. will going to be..

Posted Image

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Well you never know how big TripNDroid Mobile Eng. will going to be..

With all the good feedback i hear about it... I hope it's gonna be overwhelming :P
It's just about the range of phones which will be getting it... even if I'm not that proud about it, the fact that it will probably never hit XDA (shame on that) will probablymake it more difficult to become a well known multi-device rom as CM9/AOKP/MIUI

sumeshd

sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

With all the good feedback i hear about it... I hope it's gonna be overwhelming :P
It's just about the range of phones which will be getting it... even if I'm not that proud about it, the fact that it will probably never hit XDA (shame on that) will probablymake it more difficult to become a well known multi-device rom as CM9/AOKP/MIUI

Its more then well known ri8 NW..every gadget and android sites out there eg. Engadget,android central, android police etc have it in top news..:D

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Its more then well known ri8 NW..every gadget and android sites out there eg. Engadget,android central, android police etc have it in top news.. :D

Permit me to correct you :)
Trip is all around the net with his achievment of getting CM9 to One X (and this is a deserved one),
but curiously enough no word about AOKP or a "hey, take a look at his own project, TripnDroid OS"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users