sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Devices:HTC ONE X
  • Twitter:@sumesh_d

Permit me to correct you :)
Trip is all around the net with his achievment of getting CM9 to One X (and this is a deserved one),
but curiously enough no word about AOKP or a "hey, take a look at his own project, TripnDroid OS"

Everyone from anywhere whether it be sites or xda htconex general thread are redirected to modaco site..not that anywhere there is a direct download link..so people once coming here see all the three rooms and choose wats best for them..ri8 NW only cm9 is complete so people r prefering it..2ni8 the data problem will be solved and all three rooms will be updated and perfect..so then people coming to modaco htconex dev section have 3 choices according to their preference..so all roms are equally used if u see tat way..

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X

Everyone from anywhere whether it be sites or xda htconex general thread are redirected to modaco site..not that anywhere there is a direct download link..so people once coming here see all the three rooms and choose wats best for them..ri8 NW only cm9 is complete so people r prefering it..2ni8 the data problem will be solved and all three rooms will be updated and perfect..so then people coming to modaco htconex dev section have 3 choices according to their preference..so all roms are equally used if u see tat way..

From where do you know that the 3 roms will be "finished" tonight ?
I'm just saying that IMO, TripnDroid OS should have most views as it seems to be a step further than the rest, but it has way less "views" and comments than CM) and even AOKP, all this because CM is now known for years (even if I never really found it that great, excepted for the wide range of phones supported and the uniformisation of quality on the different phones) and AOKP has gotten a great uprising.
But still TnD OS (if I'm permitted to call it this way ^^) doesn't seem to get the deserved attention

Edited by deadsmile, 01 May 2012 - 10:20 AM.

TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts
  • Devices:X10, Pyra, HOX
  • Twitter:@TripNRaVeR

I'm just saying that IMO, TripnDroid OS should have most views as it seems to be a step further than the rest, but it has way less "views" and comments than CM) and even AOKP, all this because CM is now known for years (even if I never really found it that great, excepted for the wide range of phones supported and the uniformisation of quality on the different phones) and AOKP has gotten a great uprising.
But still TnD OS (if I'm permitted to call it this way ^^) doesn't seem to get the deserved attention

http://android.modac...age-11932404bu/

Its also on RootzWiki for Pyramid and Shooter devices

The problem is, yes its my own fault, i'm the only maintainer and i could compile it for pretty much any device but dont feel like doing that lol

Posted Image
if you like my work, please buy me an ice cold beer :)

sumeshd

sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Well that's because cm9 is complete ri8 NW..
And also people are redirected directly to d thread from various sites..
So imo views should be less priority than downloads..and I m sure 1nce tnd is complete it wl hv most downloads..

sumeshd

sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

The problem is, yes its my own fault, i'm the only maintainer and i could compile it for pretty much any device but dont feel like doing that lol

Yup and even cm9 is on rootzwiki afaik..
But trip I think u should only focus and post here on madoco coz maintaining all three roms is a headache..no way u could maintain them on both sites..it will like ninja works..:P

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Would it be possible to release the code of TnD OS but without the device trees ? (like the CM9 code)
This way, you could make it a sort of CM9 super mod which people could port to their phones etc... I think this would get lot of attention if well orchestrated :P
I have no idea on how to code or compile a rom so don't blame me if I say something stupid ^^

sumeshd

sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Would it be possible to release the code of TnD OS but without the device trees ? (like the CM9 code)
This way, you could make it a sort of CM9 super mod which people could port to their phones etc... I think this would get lot of attention if well orchestrated :P
I have no idea on how to code or compile a rom so don't blame me if I say something stupid ^^

Well..not interested in that much attention..this much attention is enough..
And this is for people, users and trip fans out there not for devs..:)

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
My point was to find a way for Trip to have more time for his OS, letting other ones just compiling it for other devices and updating the work. This way more people could taste the goodness.
A way would be to propose the code a closed way to devs wanting to port it to their phones, but under the condition to not make it available. This would be like the coca cola receipt ^^ some people have the source to make it taste good in every factory, and everybody can taste it, but nobody without the explicit permission can replicate it ^^

sumeshd

sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

My point was to find a way for Trip to have more time for his OS, letting other ones just compiling it for other devices and updating the work. This way more people could taste the goodness.
A way would be to propose the code a closed way to devs wanting to port it to their phones, but under the condition to not make it available. This would be like the coca cola receipt ^^ some people have the source to make it taste good in every factory, and everybody can taste it, but nobody without the explicit permission can replicate it ^^

There will eventually be device tree when official cm9 will start to develop and then every dev would hv source but until then its trip's rom or nothing..coz of historical problems.:P

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

There will eventually be device tree when official cm9 will start to develop and then every dev would hv source but until then its trip's rom or nothing..coz of historical problems. :P

I've seen this ^^
What i meant was not to have Roms for the One X, but having TnD OS on other devices as well. There must be a way to get this done without Trip releasing his sources to everyone (thing which I understand, even if I find it a little sad for the community Internet should be... but you can't be the evrytime giver when nobody is giving to you or not respecting you...)

sumeshd

sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

I've seen this ^^
What i meant was not to have Roms for the One X, but having TnD OS on other devices as well. There must be a way to get this done without Trip releasing his sources to everyone (thing which I understand, even if I find it a little sad for the community Internet should be... but you can't be the evrytime giver when nobody is giving to you or not respecting you...)

Which other devices are u referring to??coz afaik there is device tree for almost all devices..and other chefs can use it to make d desirable rom..

TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts
  • Devices:X10, Pyra, HOX
  • Twitter:@TripNRaVeR

trip fans :)

Lol :D

Posted Image
if you like my work, please buy me an ice cold beer :)

sumeshd

sumeshd

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Lol :D

There are..(1 is me)..:wub:

Bxsteez

Bxsteez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
So is anyone using this ROM? Any issues?

Side question. Who here uses the menu button more than the multitasking button?

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Which other devices are u referring to??coz afaik there is device tree for almost all devices..and other chefs can use it to make d desirable rom..

idk, I just meant that CM9 is available for a huge amount of devices, AOKP has also many compatible devices and it would be great for TnD OS to have such a "community", being available to multiple devices, with devs managing each device and on the top a mighty Trip making the updates :D

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

So is anyone using this ROM? Any issues?

Side question. Who here uses the menu button more than the multitasking button?

Using it for the moment, great battery life, fast and stable (for me : only thing missing is camera, and only "bug" is data fix) . (gonna try TnD OS as soon as the camera update is online)

I like the menu mapping a lot this way, however, a possibility to change the mapping in options would be great (maybe in TnD OS ? what do you think Trip ? ;) )

Bxsteez

Bxsteez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Using it for the moment, great battery life, fast and stable (for me : only thing missing is camera, and only "bug" is data fix) . (gonna try TnD OS as soon as the camera update is online)

I like the menu mapping a lot this way, however, a possibility to change the mapping in options would be great (maybe in TnD OS ? what do you think Trip ? ;) )

I thought the camera was fixed? I guess that is only in CM9 build.

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

I thought the camera was fixed? I guess that is only in CM9 build.

For the moment only CM9 has the camera fix, I'm hoping every minute for an update :)
Would love to if there is any progress on data...

Bxsteez

Bxsteez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

For the moment only CM9 has the camera fix, I'm hoping every minute for an update :)
Would love to if there is any progress on data...

Are you running default DPI? Have you tried out tablet mode? I'm not a fan of it but it seemed like a lot of people loved that. I'm going to flash once the camera is fixed.

deadsmile

deadsmile

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I have changed nothing about DPI and didn't try out tablet mode (If I want a tablet i use AOKP on my touchpad ^^)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users