28 replies to this topic

timfimjim

timfimjim

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 632 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend g300, Nexus 7

I'm still trying to get these USB drivers installed.

I started up a VMWare virtual PC running 64 bit Win 7 and the virtual PC installed the drivers first time no problems.
The files listed in Device Manager for the G300 on the virtual PC are all present on my 'real' PC yet it fails to install.

If i point the Device Manager to my C:/Windows folder it says device recognised but specified file not found so that's better than the previous messages.

Anyway after some Googling i read a post that said that some people have problems with USB drivers if they have Logitech stuff installed...

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse- i wonder if that's the problem.
Can i be bothered to uninstall them on the off chance it might fix the G300 driver issue - and if it did fix it i'd have to get new non-Logitech keyboard and mouse.

Hmm it sounds like a big effort to me...

Do you have access to another computer that you could use? It should be literally a 10 minute job to get them installed. I think that's what I'd try. Let me know how you get on :)

warwound

warwound

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, camping, photography and computers.
  • Devices:Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab2
I could try my netbook i suppose but i really need to have the adb debugging bridge working on my main computer - for software development.
Having adb working on another computer won't be any use.

warwound

warwound

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Well i've gone and messed things up completely now...

I decided to uninstall my working ZTE Blade drivers to see if that would enable the G300 drivers to install - it didn't.
Next my ZTE Blade drivers would now not re-install.

I followed the instructions to fix USB driver problems here: http://www.sevenforu...x-problems.html
That didn't help.

I removed all ZTE and Huawei drivers using the instructions here: http://technet.micro...y/cc730875.aspx

Rebooted and started again.

Still the ZTE Blade and G300 drivers fail to install, my previously working Vega now fails to work.
And worst of all the ADBWiFi solution which previously worked fails too.

I have no devices that can now be used for Android development.

I'm now gonna clean install Windows and hope i can get my ZTE Blade, G300 and Vega all working.

warwound

warwound

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Right...

A clean install of 64 bit Win 7 and USB debugging now works again on both my my ZTE Blade and Vega.

I installed the G300 Handset WinDriver.exe package before plugging my G300 in.
Enabled USB debugging on my G300 and plugged it in to the USB, the drivers installed no problems at all!!

BUT (!) when connecting to the G300 with my development software i get an error:

Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory

I had a google for that message: https://www.google.c...=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 and see other Huawei owners have had similar problems.

An XDA post suggests starting the service menu and enabling USB debugging.

Funnily enough i remember when i first got my G300 (before trying to use USB debugging) and was reading this forum that someone posted the service menu code and i opened the service menu and definitely had a look at the debug options...

I bet i inadvertently disabled debugging!

Anyway i still can't get USB debugging to work but feel that i am very close to a solution - just gotta restore the service menu settings that i must have previously tampered with.

warwound

warwound

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Yeah it's working - USB debugging on my G300 at last.

I entered the service menu by dialing *#*#2846579#*#*.

Selected 'ProjectMenu' then 'Background setting' then 'Usb ports setting'.

Google mode was already selected - the radio box next to it was enabled.
Anyway i clicked it again and a message box prompted me to reboot to apply the change.

A reboot later and it's all working.

The original problem must have been because i tinkered in the service menu not knowing what i was doing when i first got my G300.

Kanospt

Kanospt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawey Ascend G300
I had the same problem as you Warwound and your solution worked great!!! Thank you so much!!!

only1carra

only1carra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
I have also got the same issue as warwound, have tried the port setting thing too and still no joy, is there another method of rooting other than this because its just not working at all. The laptop will just not recognise the device when connected in developer mode
What next?
Thanks

warwound

warwound

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

I have also got the same issue as warwound, have tried the port setting thing too and still no joy, is there another method of rooting other than this because its just not working at all. The laptop will just not recognise the device when connected in developer mode
What next?
Thanks

Does your G300 report USB debugging connected BUT adb on your computer report "Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main'"?

If so a possible fix is to change the permissions on the folder system / bin / logcat, enable all permissions using a file explorer and reboot.
Look here for more info: http://www.modaco.co...80#entry1988601

Otherwise i'm not sure what to suggest.

Martin.

only1carra

only1carra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
have managed to root but now just get the black screen saying waiting for device when installing clockwork mod recovery. Stumped and trie waiting the 10 mins etc????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users