Photo

Is this how forum page should display after Modaco redesign?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

leetron1

leetron1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Devices:Ascend Y300 (Orange Blade)
Hi...prob wrong place for this but anyway, here goes...been having page render/display issues after the redesign:

Is the page under the ZTE Blade ROMs forum supposed to render like this (see pic)? The nav bar is double height and partially obcures links underneath.

Also if I click to enter a thread on the forum after the page loads the black nav bar briefly enlarges like a black blind being pulled down before returning to its previous size.

Any one else have these issues please....using Firefox 12 and Aurora and also Chrome...many thanks.

Attached Files

Edited by leetron1, 01 May 2012 - 10:04 PM.

jventura

jventura

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Well, mine is almost like that, but does not overlap the back..
However, I'm having trouble with this layout, it is kind of confuse.. Can't visually separate the different threads.. I prefer the old layout..

targetbsp

targetbsp

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts
  • Devices:Hudl 2, Blade V
Mine used to do that but is OK this morning.
Now I've seen it in your screenshot, it's clear that your browser is not wide enough to show the forum you're in and the view new content section on the same line. What's odd is your font in use there is much larger than mine currently is.

So maybe they've fixed it by using a smaller font?

Edited by targetbsp, 02 May 2012 - 05:57 AM.

My Blade site - includes vanilla KANGS's of CM7. Also available: modified GB Gapps with various market versions, mini ICS Gapps for 160mb system partitions and Flash for ARMv6
CM7 Blade changelog

leetron1

leetron1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Now I've seen it in your screenshot, it's clear that your browser is not wide enough to show the forum you're in and the view new content section on the same line. What's odd is your font in use there is much larger than mine currently is.

Thanks target...I'll give it a try

leetron1

leetron1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
Firefox is set at default font size...still getting double height nav bar and 'window blind' effect opening forum threads..weird!

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7
Thought someone else had same issue that I've had for last few days where the details of poster take up half the screen then the messages have to fit in what's left.Attached File  mess.jpg   58.79KB   11 downloads

Edited by Pondlife, 02 May 2012 - 04:00 PM.

confector

confector

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francsico
try cleaning cache

leetron1

leetron1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
Tried that...its just the same unfortunately.

JimJam707

JimJam707

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Devices:Moto G
  • Twitter:@JimJam707
What it looks like here, I presume it's correct since it looks good.
(Chrome)

Attached Files

Samsung Galaxy SII - CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies

ZTE Blade - CyanogenMod 7

Samsung Galaxy Spica i5700 - CyanogenMod 9 Alphas

------------------------------------------------

Follow Me:

Twitter

youngsta2010

youngsta2010

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, JoyTAB, Moto G 8GB
On a side note is anyone using the mobile site? It was bad before it's even worse now sure it looks good but, how the hell do you navigate a thread, how do you get to the first page if it's set to go to first unread? Press prev 100 times? Did anyone actually test it beforehand?

edit: CM7 thread is 707 pages does that mean I need to press prev 707 times to get to the first post? Or do I have to switch to the full site change my settings to take me to the first post, then I have to close browser, delete cache then I'm back at mobile site on the first post. But wait... how do I now get to the last post?

Edited by youngsta2010, 04 May 2012 - 03:13 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

Hi...prob wrong place for this but anyway, here goes...been having page render/display issues after the redesign:

Is the page under the ZTE Blade ROMs forum supposed to render like this (see pic)? The nav bar is double height and partially obcures links underneath.

Also if I click to enter a thread on the forum after the page loads the black nav bar briefly enlarges like a black blind being pulled down before returning to its previous size.

Any one else have these issues please....using Firefox 12 and Aurora and also Chrome...many thanks.

Hmmm, what screen res are you on? The long breadcrumbs to the forum are pushing it down a line. I could potentially truncate that a bit...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts

Thought someone else had same issue that I've had for last few days where the details of poster take up half the screen then the messages have to fit in what's left.Attached File  mess.jpg   58.79KB   11 downloads

On all threads or a particular one? What's your machine config?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts

On a side note is anyone using the mobile site? It was bad before it's even worse now sure it looks good but, how the hell do you navigate a thread, how do you get to the first page if it's set to go to first unread? Press prev 100 times? Did anyone actually test it beforehand?

edit: CM7 thread is 707 pages does that mean I need to press prev 707 times to get to the first post?

That is kinda silly. If I made the topic name at the top clickable to go to the first post, would that at least help in the interim?

P

Posted Image

youngsta2010

youngsta2010

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, JoyTAB, Moto G 8GB
That would help a lot, I hope something can be worked out. Thank you.

leetron1

leetron1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
Hi Paul...res is 1440x900 if that helps...thanks mate

Edited by leetron1, 04 May 2012 - 09:01 PM.

Pondlife

Pondlife

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Devices:nexus 7

On all threads or a particular one? What's your machine config?

P

All threads

If the post text goes further down the page than the posters details it then has the remainder of the text further to the left than the details were.

acer aspire one 751 netbook 11.6" screen 1366x768 resolution intel gma running firefox 12 on windows 7.

Edited by Pondlife, 08 May 2012 - 02:52 PM.

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
Has anything been changed today? I'm no longer seeing the * that you can click to go to the first unread post. Threads with new posts have a bold title, but I can't go directly to the latest posts any more. Its happening on Chrome and Firefox.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
Something peculiar happened... I rebuilt the skins and it's happy again now. :)

P

Posted Image

Amphoras

Amphoras

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts
Thanks, working again today.

TPT Helper lets you easily repartition your ZTE phone, install a new ROM and for the Blade, convert to/from Gen 2. Available for Orange San Francisco/ZTE Blade, Orange Monte Carlo/ZTE Skate and Orange San Francisco II/T-Mobile Vivacity. https://market.andro...horas.tpthelper

TPTs and other apps

shmizan

shmizan

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
yeah and the green arrow's back too

Orange San Francisco, Upgraded to Gen 2 with TPT Helper (custom partition layout: 150-sys, 302-data, 4-cache)
CyanogenMod 10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users