Original factory ROMs from Huawei

Guest Simon O

Guest dragpyre

Thanks, i seem to have a few bugs now that I have come back to this original factory rom. Sometimes the logos at the bottom would be misplaced, i.e. dialer or messaging being apart and needing to scroll through shortcuts at the bottom to make them visible. And also noticed today in the menu that a folder i created had two copies below the home and edit menu button, they were not accessible, just shadow like, doing nothing. A restart of the phone usually gets rid of them but not sure why this is happening. Just to confirm, the ota updates, will they restore any potential differences in the codes between the real rom and these original factory roms (i know they are meant to be the same anyway but just confused why these problems occurred now and not before).

Also, which website do they announce stuff about this phone from, their main website had nothing about phones from what i saw. Or maybe i missed it :/

Their Facebook is one to watch, I find going onto the USA or Worldwide site yeilds better downloads than the UK one.

I'm using B888 now, even better than B886 in terms of speed etc. and benchmark results. :D

Guest Muznyu

Hi guys!

I bought my phone in Hungary from Vodafone, which came with this firmware version: U8815V100R001C02B884

The guy in the shop told me that using "unofficial" firmware releases will void warranty, so my problem is that I can't find this exact version to restore later. Only U8815V100R001C00B884 is available to download, notice the little difference, maybe it's because of regional or branding settings. My device suffers from low ringtone problem, so I really want to upgrade the software, but the official B885 upgrade (which solves this problem) is not yet out in my country. I'm afraid that in case of any problem I can't revert back to the original state if I apply B886 now. Any suggestions, how to find or save the current ROM? :unsure: I think using Clockwork won't be a good idea...

Edited by Muznyu

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MadManniMan

Hi everyone!

Is any GERMAN stock ROM download available yet? I really want to play around with the modded ones (especially as we Germans have no loudness-update yet), but for the worst case I'd like to be able to put it to factory state again ...

Cheers, Manni

Guest fahim.yaqoob

The OTA update will be done no matter what, Vodafone or your provider have to give it to you. You are still using an official Huawei ROM. The reviewers who have this ROM for their demos/reviews will obviously need the ICS update for their next reviews smile.png!

Huawei might also post it on their site, they did with the stock ROM for the U8510.

You could always wait for it, and I'm sure someone in this great community will have pulled the stock ROM ready for fastboot/recovery installation!

More than likely Seb! XD

do u need root access for this

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JBSCARFACE

Official Vodafone HUAWEI Ascend G300(U8815,Android 2.3.6) V100R001C02B885 available on off web very good rom!

HERE

After Install u have to root + cwm again!!! I bough my phone its already been installed on it..

Edited by JBSCARFACE

Guest CertifiedDon

I cant seem to get it working im on b888 atm and cant downgrade to b882, I keep on getting a "Update Failed" message, any help?

Guest FrankieADZ

I cant seem to get it working im on b888 atm and cant downgrade to b882, I keep on getting a "Update Failed" message, any help?

as said in ur thread about it....U CAN'T downgrade from B888

Guest rayleigh007

Morning All

I am from Singapore and I recently purchased a China version of U8818 for my niece. Unfortunately, there is no Goggle Play Apps installed. And even when I have installed Goggle Play using the APK file, it cannot be launched. Was goggling around and realised that Goggle Play has ben blocked.

A few queries:

1. Can I use the origianl Vodafone ROM meant for U8815 on U8818?

2. Can the vodafone ROM be used in Singapore?

3. I have about the word "unlock". What exactly does it mean?

Thank you for your time.

Edited by rayleigh007

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WhoAreWe

make sure fastboot is turned off

This is an essential bit of info. I followed instructions to the letter but i couldnt flash the phone with original rom.

Have to uncheck "fastboot" in settings before it will work. I was also fortunate that i even had a spare micro sd

and multi card usb adapter to hand. Without them, you cant really proceed.

One other bit of info that was not obvious to me was sending "dload" folder to root directory of sd card.

Apparently root is just a direct transfer to the card. And not in a sub folder e.g. admin / app / skype.

You can place the dload folder next to other ones on the card so long as its not inside them.

Thanks for guide. Returned the g300 today.

Edited by WhoAreWe

Guest Maximus9

Morning All

I am from Singapore and I recently purchased a China version of U8818 for my niece. Unfortunately, there is no Goggle Play Apps installed. And even when I have installed Goggle Play using the APK file, it cannot be launched. Was goggling around and realised that Goggle Play has ben blocked.

A few queries:

1. Can I use the origianl Vodafone ROM meant for U8815 on U8818?

2. Can the vodafone ROM be used in Singapore?

3. I have about the word "unlock". What exactly does it mean?

Thank you for your time.

1. EDIT: Yes, you can, read here: http://www.modaco.com/topic/353851-flashing-u8815-roms-on-a-huawei-ascend-g300-u8818/

2. Can't see why not

3. "unlocking" means sim unlock, meaning you can use your phone with any sim in any network, not just Vodafone. As G300 (U8815) is sold now only by Vodafone, it is locked to their network.

Unlocking is independent to ROM, so installing a Vodafone ROM will not "lock" your phone or anything like that.

Edited by Maximus9

Guest LMariachi

Is there any way to downgrade stock roms by traditional way?? Or it's impossible by default?

Downgrade always says Update failed. even with force update mode. :angry2:

Guest feckineejit

how can i get back to stock rom from b888, i've used the update from first page but just get update failed.

Edited by feckineejit

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lamarao

Need help!

I'm currently using chinese official ICS B926 and need to go back to factory rom. This method is not working for me, the pink bar only goes to about 1/4 of the way and stays there. (I've disabled fastboot)

Any suggestions?

Need help!

I'm currently using chinese official ICS B926 and need to go back to factory rom. This method is not working for me, the pink bar only goes to about 1/4 of the way and stays there. (I've disabled fastboot)

Any suggestions?

Enough space on external SD card?

Guest lamarao

What's the total size of the sd card? read somewhere you need 8GB, 2GB cards can cause issues.

Oh, maybe that's the problem, it's a 2GB card. I'm picking up a 16GB one at the store today, so I'll try this again then and report if I succeed. Thanks for the tip!

Guest godmd5

is g300 and same in china u8818 ,and u8815 overea ver ?

china rom

http://www.huaweidev...eeId=3677&tab=0

hong kong rom,same with Taiwan

http://www.huaweidev...=41&s=1&both=57

uk Vodafone b885

http://www.huaweidevice.com/uk/downloadCenter.do?method=toDownloadFile&flay=software&softid=NDAwOTY=

office unlock bootloader

http://www.huaweidev...ethod=preUnlock

Edited by godmd5

Guest mr_mufy

Hi people.

I Come from a ZTE Blade. And i bought this phone huawei G300, yesterday. And i have the volume bug on it. The portuguese Vodafone still asn't any kind of update...

I whant install an costum rom to fix this s*** bug.

But i can´t lose the stock ROM.

Can some one theach me how to backup the full rom? where can i get this info?

And what his the best rom?

Guest Hogweed

Follow the pinned instructions in the forum to root and install CWM. Use this to backup the phone and keep safely. You can then install the UK Vodafone B892 above at http://www.huaweidev...loadID=NDAxOTA=

That should fix the low volume in firmware (and the screen alignment issue if present). You can then reroot/install CWM then restore your CWM backup if you wish and hopefully the low volume issue will remain fixed as the updated firmware remains in place. Once you are comfortable with backup up and restoring ROMs you can have a play with any you like. It gets more complicated if you want to try ICS leaked ROMs so read through the forum postings before attempting to upgrade to ICS. Make sure you understand about backing up IMEI and the various tricks involved to unlock and fool the bootloader.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Jaisan888

If you're brave you can try the method at Change to ANY G300 BXXX ROM now possible (I've not tried it myself so this isn't a personal recommendation).

I can confirm that Method 1 was successfully implemented and my HAG300 B888 ROM was downgraded to the Stock B885 ROM, then updates notifications detected the B892 which was also successfully installed, now waiting for ICS.

NB: I formated the external 4GB MicroSD card before transferring the dload folder.