139 replies to this topic

bumps

bumps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Desire Z
yeah the bottom buttons do seem more responsive in 886. you would sometimes have to press a few times on stock voda

paulus22

paulus22

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco, Huawei G300

I installed 886 and restored all of my applications (more than 20) with huawei backup app.

Where will I find the Huawei backup app?

bumps

bumps

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Desire Z
its on the 884/886 roms

paulus22

paulus22

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

its on the 884/886 roms

Alas, I am coming from the stock (B882) ROM, so do I not have a backup app?

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts

Alas, I am coming from the stock (B882) ROM, so do I not have a backup app?

If someone can extract the app from the newer roms it may work on B882

paulus22

paulus22

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Don't worry, will create a clean B866. At least then there is no danger of any of the voda junk apps finding tgheir way across.

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:kumquat, grouper
  • Twitter:@dragpyre
I'm running the B866 ROM, no lockscreen bugs, seems faster, volume is so loud its now making the phone vibrate XD.
Rooted it using Paul's method on Windows 7 x64 Pro, Windows update found the fastboot drivers, so I just used the .bat to do it!

Thank you to the Modaco community!

Only thing I'm waiting for now is for Specialize to give me the NCK code for my phone tomorrow morning! :D

Posted Image

If you like one of my posts, or if it helps you out, vote it up! :)

(now updated device list and added twitter. Come stalk me ;) )

alhimyaa

alhimyaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
I was wondering whether you are still able to receive any official future updates for fixes to the volume or ICS if you are using the B866 Rom?

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

I was wondering whether you are still able to receive any official future updates for fixes to the volume or ICS if you are using the B866 Rom?

The OTA update will be done no matter what, Vodafone or your provider have to give it to you. You are still using an official Huawei ROM. The reviewers who have this ROM for their demos/reviews will obviously need the ICS update for their next reviews :)!

Huawei might also post it on their site, they did with the stock ROM for the U8510.
You could always wait for it, and I'm sure someone in this great community will have pulled the stock ROM ready for fastboot/recovery installation!
More than likely Seb! XD

Edited by dragpyre, 07 May 2012 - 01:40 AM.

Posted Image

alhimyaa

alhimyaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

The OTA update will be done no matter what, Vodafone or your provider have to give it to you. You are still using an official Huawei ROM. The reviewers who have this ROM for their demos/reviews will obviously need the ICS update for their next reviews :)!

Huawei might also post it on their site, they did with the stock ROM for the U8510.
You could always wait for it, and I'm sure someone in this great community will have pulled the stock ROM ready for fastboot/recovery installation!
More than likely Seb! XD

Thanks, i seem to have a few bugs now that I have come back to this original factory rom. Sometimes the logos at the bottom would be misplaced, i.e. dialer or messaging being apart and needing to scroll through shortcuts at the bottom to make them visible. And also noticed today in the menu that a folder i created had two copies below the home and edit menu button, they were not accessible, just shadow like, doing nothing. A restart of the phone usually gets rid of them but not sure why this is happening. Just to confirm, the ota updates, will they restore any potential differences in the codes between the real rom and these original factory roms (i know they are meant to be the same anyway but just confused why these problems occurred now and not before).

Also, which website do they announce stuff about this phone from, their main website had nothing about phones from what i saw. Or maybe i missed it :/

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
their main website has phone stuff. user manuals and roms etc.

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Thanks, i seem to have a few bugs now that I have come back to this original factory rom. Sometimes the logos at the bottom would be misplaced, i.e. dialer or messaging being apart and needing to scroll through shortcuts at the bottom to make them visible. And also noticed today in the menu that a folder i created had two copies below the home and edit menu button, they were not accessible, just shadow like, doing nothing. A restart of the phone usually gets rid of them but not sure why this is happening. Just to confirm, the ota updates, will they restore any potential differences in the codes between the real rom and these original factory roms (i know they are meant to be the same anyway but just confused why these problems occurred now and not before).

Also, which website do they announce stuff about this phone from, their main website had nothing about phones from what i saw. Or maybe i missed it :/

Their Facebook is one to watch, I find going onto the USA or Worldwide site yeilds better downloads than the UK one.

I'm using B888 now, even better than B886 in terms of speed etc. and benchmark results. :D

Posted Image

Muznyu

Muznyu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Hi guys!

I bought my phone in Hungary from Vodafone, which came with this firmware version: U8815V100R001C02B884
The guy in the shop told me that using "unofficial" firmware releases will void warranty, so my problem is that I can't find this exact version to restore later. Only U8815V100R001C00B884 is available to download, notice the little difference, maybe it's because of regional or branding settings. My device suffers from low ringtone problem, so I really want to upgrade the software, but the official B885 upgrade (which solves this problem) is not yet out in my country. I'm afraid that in case of any problem I can't revert back to the original state if I apply B886 now. Any suggestions, how to find or save the current ROM? :unsure: I think using Clockwork won't be a good idea...

Edited by Muznyu, 10 May 2012 - 03:49 PM.

MadManniMan

MadManniMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi everyone!

Is any GERMAN stock ROM download available yet? I really want to play around with the modded ones (especially as we Germans have no loudness-update yet), but for the worst case I'd like to be able to put it to factory state again ...

Cheers, Manni

fahim.yaqoob

fahim.yaqoob

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Devices:none(since 12/06/2012)
  • Twitter:@fahim.yaqoob

The OTA update will be done no matter what, Vodafone or your provider have to give it to you. You are still using an official Huawei ROM. The reviewers who have this ROM for their demos/reviews will obviously need the ICS update for their next reviews Posted Image!

More than likely Seb! XD

do u need root access for this

sweetnabo

sweetnabo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascent G300/U8815
I have B884, in the Huawei site the last is B885, can i update to this?

Edited by sweetnabo, 02 June 2012 - 05:43 PM.

JBSCARFACE

JBSCARFACE

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Official Vodafone HUAWEI Ascend G300(U8815,Android 2.3.6) V100R001C02B885 available on off web very good rom! HERE

After Install u have to root + cwm again!!! I bough my phone its already been installed on it..

Edited by JBSCARFACE, 12 June 2012 - 11:24 AM.

CertifiedDon

CertifiedDon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
I cant seem to get it working im on b888 atm and cant downgrade to b882, I keep on getting a "Update Failed" message, any help?

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

I cant seem to get it working im on b888 atm and cant downgrade to b882, I keep on getting a "Update Failed" message, any help?

as said in ur thread about it....U CAN'T downgrade from B888

rayleigh007

rayleigh007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:u8818
Morning All

I am from Singapore and I recently purchased a China version of U8818 for my niece. Unfortunately, there is no Goggle Play Apps installed. And even when I have installed Goggle Play using the APK file, it cannot be launched. Was goggling around and realised that Goggle Play has ben blocked.

A few queries:
1. Can I use the origianl Vodafone ROM meant for U8815 on U8818?
2. Can the vodafone ROM be used in Singapore?
3. I have about the word "unlock". What exactly does it mean?

Thank you for your time.

Edited by rayleigh007, 20 June 2012 - 03:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users