WhoAreWe

WhoAreWe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:Technology (sorry ladies)
  • Devices:Sony Erricson W810i & ARC S

make sure fastboot is turned off

This is an essential bit of info. I followed instructions to the letter but i couldnt flash the phone with original rom.
Have to uncheck "fastboot" in settings before it will work. I was also fortunate that i even had a spare micro sd
and multi card usb adapter to hand. Without them, you cant really proceed.

One other bit of info that was not obvious to me was sending "dload" folder to root directory of sd card.

Apparently root is just a direct transfer to the card. And not in a sub folder e.g. admin / app / skype.
You can place the dload folder next to other ones on the card so long as its not inside them.

Thanks for guide. Returned the g300 today.

Edited by WhoAreWe, 11 July 2012 - 11:31 AM.

Maximus9

Maximus9

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Devices:Moto G Dual Sim XT1033 16GB

Morning All

I am from Singapore and I recently purchased a China version of U8818 for my niece. Unfortunately, there is no Goggle Play Apps installed. And even when I have installed Goggle Play using the APK file, it cannot be launched. Was goggling around and realised that Goggle Play has ben blocked.

A few queries:
1. Can I use the origianl Vodafone ROM meant for U8815 on U8818?
2. Can the vodafone ROM be used in Singapore?
3. I have about the word "unlock". What exactly does it mean?

Thank you for your time.

1. EDIT: Yes, you can, read here: http://www.modaco.co...end-g300-u8818/
2. Can't see why not
3. "unlocking" means sim unlock, meaning you can use your phone with any sim in any network, not just Vodafone. As G300 (U8815) is sold now only by Vodafone, it is locked to their network.
Unlocking is independent to ROM, so installing a Vodafone ROM will not "lock" your phone or anything like that.

Edited by Maximus9, 29 June 2012 - 06:28 AM.

LMariachi

LMariachi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Is there any way to downgrade stock roms by traditional way?? Or it's impossible by default?

Downgrade always says Update failed. even with force update mode. :angry2:

feckineejit

feckineejit

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Devices:ZTE BLADE, Huawei G300
how can i get back to stock rom from b888, i've used the update from first page but just get update failed.

Edited by feckineejit, 05 July 2012 - 06:46 PM.

Posted Image

pelago

pelago

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Nokia N900

how can i get back to stock rom from b888, i've used the update from first page but just get update failed.

If you're brave you can try the method at Change to ANY G300 BXXX ROM now possible (I've not tried it myself so this isn't a personal recommendation).

Edited by pelago, 06 July 2012 - 09:05 AM.

lamarao

lamarao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:G300
Need help!

I'm currently using chinese official ICS B926 and need to go back to factory rom. This method is not working for me, the pink bar only goes to about 1/4 of the way and stays there. (I've disabled fastboot)

Any suggestions?

Bilb

Bilb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Need help!

I'm currently using chinese official ICS B926 and need to go back to factory rom. This method is not working for me, the pink bar only goes to about 1/4 of the way and stays there. (I've disabled fastboot)

Any suggestions?

Enough space on external SD card?

lamarao

lamarao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Enough space on external SD card?

I have 1,14 GB free.

Bilb

Bilb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have 1,14 GB free.

What's the total size of the sd card? read somewhere you need 8GB, 2GB cards can cause issues.

lamarao

lamarao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

What's the total size of the sd card? read somewhere you need 8GB, 2GB cards can cause issues.

Oh, maybe that's the problem, it's a 2GB card. I'm picking up a 16GB one at the store today, so I'll try this again then and report if I succeed. Thanks for the tip!

godmd5

godmd5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
is g300 and same in china u8818 ,and u8815 overea ver ?
china rom
http://www.huaweidev...eeId=3677&tab=0
hong kong rom,same with Taiwan
http://www.huaweidev...=41&s=1&both=57
uk Vodafone b885
http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDAwOTY=
office unlock bootloader
http://www.huaweidev...ethod=preUnlock

Edited by godmd5, 20 July 2012 - 02:44 PM.

Zoranic

Zoranic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 (U8815)
I see B892 is listed 19 July 2012 http://www.huaweidev...loadID=NDAxOTA=

HUAWEI Ascend G300 firmware(U8815,Android 2.3,V100R001C02B892,UK vodafone,05011AFS)

221mb.

mr_mufy

mr_mufy

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Interests:TICs/Electronics.
    Btt
  • Devices:ZTE - Blade / Huawei G300
Hi people.

I Come from a ZTE Blade. And i bought this phone huawei G300, yesterday. And i have the volume bug on it. The portuguese Vodafone still asn't any kind of update...

I whant install an costum rom to fix this s*** bug.

But i can´t lose the stock ROM.

Can some one theach me how to backup the full rom? where can i get this info?

And what his the best rom?

Mr_mufy

Hogweed

Hogweed

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Follow the pinned instructions in the forum to root and install CWM. Use this to backup the phone and keep safely. You can then install the UK Vodafone B892 above at http://www.huaweidev...loadID=NDAxOTA=

That should fix the low volume in firmware (and the screen alignment issue if present). You can then reroot/install CWM then restore your CWM backup if you wish and hopefully the low volume issue will remain fixed as the updated firmware remains in place. Once you are comfortable with backup up and restoring ROMs you can have a play with any you like. It gets more complicated if you want to try ICS leaked ROMs so read through the forum postings before attempting to upgrade to ICS. Make sure you understand about backing up IMEI and the various tricks involved to unlock and fool the bootloader.

Edited by Hogweed, 22 July 2012 - 04:33 PM.

Jaisan888

Jaisan888

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:HAG300

If you're brave you can try the method at Change to ANY G300 BXXX ROM now possible (I've not tried it myself so this isn't a personal recommendation).

I can confirm that Method 1 was successfully implemented and my HAG300 B888 ROM was downgraded to the Stock B885 ROM, then updates notifications detected the B892 which was also successfully installed, now waiting for ICS.

NB: I formated the external 4GB MicroSD card before transferring the dload folder.

spicysomtam

spicysomtam

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Devices:G300, IMobile IQ 5.1
  • Twitter:@amunro

I see B892 is listed 19 July 2012 http://www.huaweidev...loadID=NDAxOTA=

HUAWEI Ascend G300 firmware(U8815,Android 2.3,V100R001C02B892,UK vodafone,05011AFS)

221mb.

I am running this and its very stable. Standby battery is amazing. I must add that I upgraded via the upgrade option on the phone, rather than CWM, etc.

mack_

mack_

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:Im a techy who tests phones to the max!!
  • Devices:Xperia SP
does anyone have official B892 with all the Vodafone crapware on it?

scrap that i just saw the post above...

Edited by mack_, 31 July 2012 - 05:43 PM.

I was once a noob like you.... until i bricked my G300. ^_^
If i helped you or you just like my topic/post ,give me some rep with the green button

schkinx

schkinx

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Devices:xolo x900 .. Nexus 7 cm10
No vodafone crap on B892 is there :(

SilentBob

SilentBob

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD

Official Vodafone HUAWEI Ascend G300(U8815,Android 2.3.6) V100R001C02B885 available on off web very good rom! HERE

After Install u have to root + cwm again!!! I bough my phone its already been installed on it..

I have a completely stock G300 that I received only last week. Only thing I have done is to network unlock it. It is on B892 (can't remember if I had an OTA during setup though). It appears to have the "volume bug" where the ringtone is ascending from 0%, and takes a few seconds before you can hear it properly. I don't have the setting available for turning off ascending/increasing ringtone.

Can I downgrade to this B885 stock ROM without the need to root or bootloader unlock, etc?
If I can, will this restore the checkbox for this option?
Presumably if both the above are ok, I will then be able to force the update to B892 again and it will remember the option NOT to have an ascending ringtone?

Edited by SilentBob, 02 August 2012 - 09:19 PM.

Marius9425

Marius9425

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 VodafoneRO
Does anyone have the B892 2.3.6 Gingerbread version for Romania? Help me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users