WackoJackoUK

WackoJackoUK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 3GS
Hey SilentBob

Did you get any further with this?

OH is on B892 (upgraded OTA from B885) and doesn't have the option.

My mum has the G300 and is on stock B882 IIRC and it HAS that option.

Ta

WJUK

SilentBob

SilentBob

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire HD
Hi WackoJackoUK,

Nope, not got any further information on this. I have downloaded all of the following directly from the Huawei website...
B882
B885
B892

... and have scanned through the upgrade guide, re: normal & forced upgrades.

It would appear from what you and others have said that B882 & possibly B885 have the option to turn off "increasing ringtone", but what I am still unsure of is if it is possible/safe to downgrade from B892 to one of the others, change the setting then update OTA back up to B892. Or if I try to upgrade to a previous ROM version will it fail or worse still brick the phone?

If anyone can offer advice on this it'd be greatly appreciated. Just to reiterate, I am on completely stock B892.

Thanks

Edit: The other thought that I had is whether this would be fixed with the impending ICS update. It'd be good if the other two issues that I have with it were fixed with ICS too... (1) Music playing in alphabetical order rather than track number order (2) Unable to set the correct system voicemail number.

Edited by SilentBob, 15 August 2012 - 09:13 PM.

tkelly0727

tkelly0727

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Devices:ZTE blade and Nexus 7
im getting an error when doing the update. after it unpack the files it said "update failed"
can someone help me

SilentBob

SilentBob

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Hmmm. Had a thought. If it is not possible to downgrade to B882 or B885 this way, what if I were to reapply the B892 ROM from the SD card? Unlike the OTA, presumably this would be a clean wipe and may not then have the volume issue? In fact (thinking as I type) perhaps simply a hard reset would fix it? I may try that, as at least I know it it is safe.

Carlosenes

Carlosenes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawey G300
I´m on a B934. Can I downgrade flashing this original factory ROM?

mash73

mash73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 - B952stock
http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDY1MTg=

official from 08.01?

:

HUAWEI Ascend G300 firmware(U8815,Android 4.0,V100R001C00B934,General Version)

2012-08-01|328.34MB

Edited by mash73, 22 August 2012 - 12:45 PM.

SilentBob

SilentBob

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDY1MTg=

official from 08.01?

:

HUAWEI Ascend G300 firmware(U8815,Android 4.0,V100R001C00B934,General Version)

2012-08-01|328.34MB

That is a generic firmware (i.e. not for the Vodafone devices). Presumably this can only be applied if you have the bootloader unlocked?

Software for the Vodafone UK version can be found here.

mash73

mash73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
thank you,but I´m on B934 since 08.10. I just wondering ,about the release date,and i never seen it before this version.(..and whats the difference between the leak and the official( mean nothing because -934 both).Its coming with the usual Huawei speed - 3h left (

mash73

mash73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

thank you,but I´m on B934 since 08.10. I just wondering ,about the release date,and i never seen it before this version.(..and whats the difference between the leak and the official( mean nothing because -934 both).Its coming with the usual Huawei speed - 3h left (

http://www.modaco.co...-official-site/ ok,others find too ))))

diddydavro

diddydavro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
I'm still on GB B886. Can someone give me advice on updating to this (general version) of B934.

I am not rooted and don't have CWM so do I need to install other ROM's before installing this one or can I go straight from B886 to B934?

Edited by diddydavro, 22 August 2012 - 04:28 PM.

Huawei Ascend G510, Moto G, Nokia Asha 201, Samsung Galaxy Tab3 / 8", Samsung Galaxy Tab3 / 7", Google Chromecast 

rosco-85

rosco-85

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Devices:LG Nexus 4

I'm still on GB B886. Can someone give me advice on updating to this (general version) of B934.

Do I need to install other ROM's before installing this one or can I go straight from B886 to B934?

I'd have thought this would would work fine through the Storage > Software Update method.

Might give you issues with upgrading in future though if you want to use this method again.

I went straight from B888 > B926 without any problem, but had to IMEI hack to get to B927 and then B934.

Infusion seems quite popular though. You could maybe back-up and then try that.

emyjojo

emyjojo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Huawei 8815, Google Nexus 7
Is there a way to restore the notification toggles? As I flashed the official b892 from the site, after downgrading from b934 and they are gone. thanks.

ScutulatusCrotalus

ScutulatusCrotalus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

Is there a way to restore the notification toggles? As I flashed the official b892 from the site, after downgrading from b934 and they are gone. thanks.

You need vendor update.app for B892. But there is not one. If you need notification toggles and gingerbread, you should downgrade to B888 or B884. Those two has notification toggles.

Question for everyone:

Has someone made OTA updates running via restoring any original ROM?

Edited by ScutulatusCrotalus, 27 August 2012 - 10:59 AM.

diddydavro

diddydavro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
B886 also has the vendor file with the notification toggles with no VF bloat. shown at start of this thread:
http://www.modaco.co...-and-i-cant-do/

Huawei Ascend G510, Moto G, Nokia Asha 201, Samsung Galaxy Tab3 / 8", Samsung Galaxy Tab3 / 7", Google Chromecast 

ScutulatusCrotalus

ScutulatusCrotalus

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

B886 also has the vendor file with the notification toggles with no VF bloat. shown at start of this thread:
http://www.modaco.co...-and-i-cant-do/

Vendor files are different for each vendor.

Jaisan888

Jaisan888

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:HAG300
@ ScutulatusCrotalus.
Downgraded from B888 to B885 using Downgrade upgrade Tool http://www.modaco.co...ade-tool-found/ , then upgraded to B892 via OTA Vodafone.

Waited for Vodafone ICS release but I lacked patience so when Huawei released B934 ICS, I used this same tool again before installing the B934 ICS.

Did not root the device as there are no bloatware to remove and using stock All Backup rather than installing third party backups which may require rooting.

Regards.

donaldboyer

donaldboyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300 8815
So I am currently running Infusion ICS. Can I downgrade to GB using the method described at top of thread even though my Baseband is 2030?

Thanks!

ryan2801

ryan2801

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Hi, I'm getting "update failed2 and a yellow triangle when flashing from AtomicMod 888
Any idea what I should try next?

fixed

Edited by ryan2801, 02 September 2012 - 09:22 PM.

andy/newbie

andy/newbie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Devices:huawie g510,rk3066 tablet
to ryan2801 u said i am getting update failed and yellow triangle when flahing from atomic mod 888.and now u fixed i get the same problem aswell can u help me plz

ryan2801

ryan2801

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

to ryan2801 u said i am getting update failed and yellow triangle when flahing from atomic mod 888.and now u fixed i get the same problem aswell can u help me plz

From Jaisan's post just above:

Downgraded from B888 to B885 using Downgrade upgrade Tool http://www.modaco.co...ade-tool-found/ , then upgraded to B892 via OTA Vodafone.

Waited for Vodafone ICS release but I lacked patience so when Huawei released B934 ICS, I used this same tool again before installing the B934 ICS.

Did not root the device as there are no bloatware to remove and using stock All Backup rather than installing third party backups which may require rooting.

Regards.

Edited by ryan2801, 04 September 2012 - 10:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users