139 replies to this topic

k0va

k0va

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy s3 mini
Hello,

Is there any specific reason why you don't want to instal CWM ?

I have tryed lots of roms till now, and everything works only on stock roms (except wifi second phase authetication witch does works only on GB ). So now i m useing Stock+ rom based ond B952. CyanogenMod is great i think it is a loot faster then stock roms, but it is far away from stable, to much things i need doesn't work yet.

You can use some apps for deleteing Vodafone apps like NoBloat but you need to root phone for that.

I heared before that people have problems with downloading ROM's from Huawei site, maybe file is demaged in transfer, if not i don't know what could be wrong. ;(

About your old g300 would this fix it ? http://www.ebay.com/...cat=0&_from=R40

aswiseman

aswiseman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S; Skate; G300
Having failed to update the ROM to the Huawei one, I headed off to root the phone and then downloaded an Animation Changer app from the store to get rid of the Vodafone startup/shutdown animations...

THEN I realised I'd been a fool and had put the DLOAD\UPDATE.APP on the internal RAM instead of the external MicroSD card. D'oh!

Once I moved the update file to the right drive, the update happened fine :-)

The ROM didn't seem to come with the "All Backup" app, which was a worry, but it did come with "AppInstaller", which allowed me to get "All Backup" back, so now I should be able to restore the phone. Restoring apps also messed up the alphabetical order in the apps drawer, but luckily this ROM allows you to edit the ordering (there's a pencil icon to allow "editing") in the same manner as Apple's iOS.

The only thing I'm missing is the power toggles on the notification pull-down. I've read you can get hold of the vendor update files, but I'm not sure there are any for B952? Anyone know?

aswiseman

aswiseman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

About your old g300 would this fix it ? http://www.ebay.com/...cat=0&_from=R40

I don't have my old one - I claimed on my free mobile phone insurance in the end and sent them the phone. (Excess was £50.) They weren't able to repair it (or figure it would be too expensive) so sent me the cash to replace it after being unable to source a G300 from their source.

I did look around to replace it first. One shop said it would cost £100 to repair a screen another said £150, making it cheaper to buy a new phone. One shop did quote me £42 but said only if they could get the glass...

k0va

k0va

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hello,

I have bad experiences with service shops, they cheeted me far to many times, and i m tired of search for honest one. In my conuntry is like that, so i repair everything my self. With parts from e-bay or local ads. All you need to be servicer today is internet and little bit of skil with tools.

About power toggles, have them on stock+ rom http://www.modaco.co...1-updated-2911/, it requires CWM to remove original toggles. Maybe it is possible to remove Huawei toggles manualy and youst install power toggles from google play. If you don't have toggles at all youst install power toggles, https://play.google....com.painless.pc

All backup is not the best backup tool, you should think about anoder tools to like GO backup or similar. I was suprised when i flashed my first rom, all backup simply didn't work, i could not install it. So i figured that it doesn't work on all roms, wich was enough reason for me to find some other tool,

Edited by k0va, 13 January 2013 - 09:36 AM.

robertob2

robertob2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Hello,

I have a G300 with official vodafone Rom B936 rooted end CWM installed, waiting for the next more stable CM10.

Vodafone has now released an OTA B952 update, is possible to update the phone with the Ota update?

If yes, I must re-root the phone and reinstall CWM after the upgrade before installing the next CM10 custom Rom?

Thank you for help and sorry for my english.

aswiseman

aswiseman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

All backup is not the best backup tool,

Stock+ looks interesting and appears as if it will give me the Huawei toggles back. Do you know whether it comes with "All Backup" or "AppInstaller" so I might get back data that was backed up on my old phone running Voda ICS?

And do you know about the behaviour of the app drawer? In the Huawei ROM I particularly dislike the iOS-style drawer which doesn't keep the apps in alphabetical order but allows the user to move them around. But maybe that was also the way in the Vodafone version of B952?

k0va

k0va

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Stock+ looks interesting and appears as if it will give me the Huawei toggles back. Do you know whether it comes with "All Backup" or "AppInstaller" so I might get back data that was backed up on my old phone running Voda ICS?

And do you know about the behaviour of the app drawer? In the Huawei ROM I particularly dislike the iOS-style drawer which doesn't keep the apps in alphabetical order but allows the user to move them around. But maybe that was also the way in the Vodafone version of B952?

I m not shure did it came with those apps or not, becouse i did delete all apps i don't need. I just tryed to install All Backup and it works fine, I was able to restore some of my old old apps that i backed up long time ago. How ever i wasn't able to restore AppInstaller. I never used that AppInstaller aplication i m not shure what i would do with it. I install all aplication from file manager. Only thing you have to do is tick in settings option to allow install from unknown source. You can even restore apps that you backed up that way.
Touch pal and lots of other apps are allredy installed so maybe you won't need AppInstaller.

Read second post from link that i posted to you, there is described way how to remove huaweitoggles and add power toggles :)

Medo81

Medo81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
hello guys,,

I have JB 4.1.2, van I downgrade to 2.3.6 as the instruction show in first post? or it need doing something different ??

thanks in advance :)

Mario_Cardoso

Mario_Cardoso

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia J
Yes, you can make as shown in the first post!

wolfjohny

wolfjohny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Nibiru Mars one H1
Hello!

i found this on official Huawei site, so is it any good?

I don't know did you talk about this before, sorry if posting old stuff.

It is quite new release, but it's for Serbian Telekom.

Worth trying?

http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDcwNjQ=

matskevich.m

matskevich.m

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Its absolutely usual 952 with stuff for Serbian mobile operators.

kashmiri

kashmiri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Why not the general version? http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDcwMjk=

wolfjohny

wolfjohny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Devices:Nibiru Mars one H1

Why not the general version? http://www.huaweidev...softid=NDcwMjk=

I was just browsing and found this serbian version, and post it here, didn't know about the general :D...

Thanks a lot for the general version link!

JackRackham

JackRackham

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Can anyone who flashed the stock general version B952 tell me wich languages are included? Thank a lot in advance!

EDIT: I finally installed it and found out there's a ton of languages, so if you're in doubt, go ahead, your language is probably there! :)
--
JackRackham

Edited by JackRackham, 10 March 2013 - 10:21 AM.

Sri.Theo

Sri.Theo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Hey guys, I'm a little confused about something and was hoping you could advise me - I've installed CM9 and its great, however I didn't realise you had to unlock your phone before you installed a custom ROM and its turning out to be a pain in the arse to restore it to stock. In the thread just above this one it details a whole long procedure in order to restore to stock, so is the method in this one more dangerous or something?

Also the link in the OP doesn't work anymore, would someone kindly reupload it to Dropbox for me, or confirm that I can download one of these and flash it though the menu stated in the OP? What makes it difficult is that I need all the Vodafone stuff in order to get it unlocked. I do have an IMEI backup from before I flashed it though.

I have no data that needs preserving on the phone, and would appreciate any help!

kashmiri

kashmiri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Hey guys, I'm a little confused about something and was hoping you could advise me - I've installed CM9 and its great, however I didn't realise you had to unlock your phone before you installed a custom ROM and its turning out to be a pain in the arse to restore it to stock. In the thread just above this oneit details a whole long procedure in order to restore to stock, so is the method in this one more dangerous or something?

Also the link in the OP doesn't work anymore, would someone kindly reupload it to Dropbox for me, or confirm that I can download one of theseand flash it though the menu stated in the OP? What makes it difficult is that I need all the Vodafone stuff in order to get it unlocked. I do have an IMEI backup from before I flashed it though.

I have no data that needs preserving on the phone, and would appreciate any help!

Don't know if that's of any use to you but you can get your phone unlocked (SIM-lock removal) on eBay for a few quid, no need to change/downgrade ROMs.

For example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181084439187.

Edited by kashmiri, 20 February 2013 - 08:57 PM.

Medo81

Medo81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Ascend G300
hello guys,,

need your help please?!!
can I downgrade from JB to stock rom?

version 4.1.2
baseband 2030

dalyer

dalyer

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts
  • Devices:Haier W910, Coolpad F1 8297W
It would be better not to cross/duplicate post.

http://www.modaco.co...y/#entry2099468

Degurney

Degurney

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Devices:Xiaocai X9
  • Twitter:@degurney
Hi..

Does anyone have a better link than than the one in the 1st post! link is dead :(

saiem1

saiem1

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Technology, ICT, Android
  • Devices:Moto G (4.4.2 UK RETAIL)
  • Twitter:@Saiem1337
Link dont work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users