174 replies to this topic

Jekle

Jekle

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Devices:OSF, Galaxy Ace, Ascend G300

Paul, please consider using B894 for your next version - according to this documents it is the latest stable english stock version as B888 and appareantly B891 were (B892 was chinese), but B895 is still just a test version (with some russian bloatware). A couple of us are being using it for more than a day now, and it has all of the B888 fixes, and is even a little bit more faster and responsive (subjective feeling, no actual tests done).

http://www.modaco.co...attach_id=81567

B895 doesn't have bloatware. Its only if you install the seperate vendor package. Not the ROM itself.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
@Paul,will you be overclocking the kernel in future ?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,243 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

@Paul,will you be overclocking the kernel in future ?

No, I don't really do OC.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
No worries,I am sure we will get it soon,I have asked kalt kaffe,but he has not been online for a while so no answer yet.
Oh well,patience is a virtue and Mhz comes to those who wait :lol:

fr0do

fr0do

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Mhz comes to those who wait :lol:

:D

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,243 posts
TouchPal now fixed in the kitchen.

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Posted Image

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,243 posts
I'm pleased to announce that the Gr2 B888 kitchen now includes 'PartitionSwap' support.

When baking a ROM you can now choose to leave your partition layout intact (no change, no device wipe) or you can choose from two partitioning options. The first is 'stock' which is used to revert to the stock layout if you have used the second option, which is 'swapped'.

In the stock - factory - configuration, the device has a ~750MB data partition and a ~2GB internal SD card partition. This is a bit pointless if you're using the microSD slot, the space would be more valuable on data. SO...
In the swapped configuration, the device has a ~2GB data partition and a ~750MB internal SD partition. :D

Bear in mind that selecting a PartitionSwap option in the kitchen wipes both the data and internal SD partitions.

When the partitions are in the swapped configuration, this will also affect use of the recovery image, so both options flash a new recovery. The stock configuration flashes sebastian404's clockworkmod version, the swapped configuration flashes a modified version of this pointing to the correct partitions.

You can backup before flashing your PartitionSwap update zip, but remember to restart recovery before doing the restore (you need to do so to load the modified recovery image).

Enjoy - looking forward to your feedback! :)

P

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
nice work paul :)

Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
ooh sounds fun. Going to give it a try

Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
After flashing this, rebooting recovery then restoring a backup I'm getting boot loops (It shows the Huawei logo, then a picture of an android with a box and a loading bar, then it loops). A clean install seems to work ok. Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong? When it did the clean install it showed that the SD and internal storage had been swapped so that part was all working ok.

edit: actually I can't get it to reboot into recovery now. powering on with volume up held and "adb reboot recovery" are giving me the same boot loop. Oddly this was working fine before...

edit 2: I've brought it back to life using the B885 UPDATE.APP

Edited by Hans Gruber, 20 June 2012 - 04:09 PM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,243 posts

After flashing this, rebooting recovery then restoring a backup I'm getting boot loops (It shows the Huawei logo, then a picture of an android with a box and a loading bar, then it loops). A clean install seems to work ok. Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong? When it did the clean install it showed that the SD and internal storage had been swapped so that part was all working ok.

edit: actually I can't get it to reboot into recovery now. powering on with volume up held and "adb reboot recovery" are giving me the same boot loop. Oddly this was working fine before...

edit 2: I've brought it back to life using the B885 UPDATE.APP

When you restore, ONLY restore data...?

P

Posted Image

Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

When you restore, ONLY restore data...?

P

oh... that might have been it! :D I'll give it another go once I've got CWM reinstalled

Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
OK yesterday I tried again by just restoring data and it still wouldn't boot for me, so I just did a fresh install and it's all working fine. I must have been doing something wrong.

Now my phone has been converted will I be able to install other roms (Ligux or AtomicMod for example) and still keep the larger data partition, or will I need to flash back to the default?

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,243 posts

OK yesterday I tried again by just restoring data and it still wouldn't boot for me, so I just did a fresh install and it's all working fine. I must have been doing something wrong.

Now my phone has been converted will I be able to install other roms (Ligux or AtomicMod for example) and still keep the larger data partition, or will I need to flash back to the default?

No, the other ROMs will have to be adapted for PartitionSwap.

P

Posted Image

Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
ah ok thanks

Ratkat

Ratkat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
  • Twitter:@Ratkat
Same issue for me, restoring a backup (data only) after partition swop just sticks g300 in an endless boot loop, going to clean install

Should also add there is a problem with the GMail app in the kitchen, corrupt possibly? anyway doesn't install. Also you get Play Books icon twice in the app drawer

Edited by Ratkat, 21 June 2012 - 11:10 PM.

Brian Doyle

Brian Doyle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Interests:Running & puters!
I can confirm that gmail is missing from the bake even though I selected it.It's just a simple matter of downloading from the market though.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,641 posts
I would say the bootloops are expected since your backups are expecting /data to be in it's original location. Pauls rom swaps the locations of /data and /sdcard so you will have problems restoring backups.

If you do the partition swap, do a clean install and don't restore any backups.

Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
One thing I thought about after I stopped trying to get it to work was that maybe the internal SD needs formatting before restoring, as it seemed to be stalling on the restoring the /DataData bit. Might be worth trying if anyone is still playing around with it.

edit: just tried it myself and when formatting the internal SD after the conversion (using the storage menu from settings) and it just crashes the phone and sends it into a bootloop so something is not quite right with the conversion.

Edited by Hans Gruber, 24 June 2012 - 09:33 AM.

BigJas

BigJas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Nice work on the ROM Paul. I have a quick question about the online kitchen options. Initially I created a ROM with everything to see what the apps where. Then I created a stripped down version where I unchecked the Google Gallery and Huawei Music. However the Gallery and Music apps are still on the device. So what was uninstalled?

Also on the slimmed down version, the WallPapers are gone (relatet to not installing Gallery?). I've looked through the pre-bake and my first generated update.zip in the hope of doing a quick copy over but no luck. Where are the Wallpappers?

Thanks to Paul and all the other clever peolpe here.

Edit: One small teeny tiny point. Play Books appears twice in the Launchers app list

Edited by BigJas, 24 June 2012 - 09:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users