MoDaCo Custom ROM Gr2 for the Huawei U8815 / G300 (B888) - New: PartitionSwap

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest buckleheid

cant get it to install,keeps on saying not found update zip,i have renamed the unpacked file to update.zip,so not sure whats wrong,probably just me being a nub :)

Guest Hogweed

You are using the wrong install option. Use install zip from SD card. No need to rename the file before hand.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest buckleheid

its ok,ive sussed it now,all done and back up and running

very nice,just reinstalled some of my apps and games,and handed it over to my son,hes happy and now i can get peace to use my own phone without being bugged to play games all the time

Guest spicysomtam

Just wondered: why have you not updated the build to B893? Seems a little faster than B888 (less lags). Just bought a new G300 and the stock rom seems pretty good (there was an online upgrade, which I did). Not much Vodaphone junk in it either. On the whole, not bad for a cheap phone. Andriod is getting much better out of the box (or maybe its Huawei?)!

Have not tried ICS; some folks have issues and I havn't really the time to mess around with the upgrade. So will stick with GB for now.

Edited by spicysomtam

Guest JokerNJ

Does anyone have trouble with the Facebook app? I just get a black screen most of the time. Occasionally a post will show but without pictures.

Guest emyjojo

Does anyone have trouble with the Facebook app? I just get a black screen most of the time. Occasionally a post will show but without pictures.

I have the same problem, but I couldn't find a solution yet. I tried wiping the cache and so forth, but no improvement. Hope someone will give as an answer. :D

Guest schkinx

I have the same problem, but I couldn't find a solution yet. I tried wiping the cache and so forth, but no improvement. Hope someone will give as an answer. :D

seems to be the same issue on all phones , latest facebook update didnt work too well by the looks of it .

If you updated the app try removing the updates . If its happening on the stock app that came with the phone i'm stumped lol :D

Edited by schkinx

Guest Umrtvovacz

When I try to add file to rom and click bake, it takes me to Store page, despite being AdFree member and I have no problem to bake roms without additional zip files. Curious.

Guest Hogweed

I think that's a problem with a recent FB update (or the reappearance of an old bug). Nothing to do with this ROM. Keep trying to scroll down if you get the black screen and the feed will hopefully appear. Problem seems to have fixed itself for me now in any case. Alternatively have a look at Friendcaster app which is an alternative interface to Facebook.

Clearing app data for Facebook might be worth a try if totally stuck.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Chris Banks

Moved to this ROM from stock, and now I notice I am unable to download chrome browser, however the option to install it was there on the stock ROM.

Any ideas on how to sort this?

Forget it, was a long day!

Edited by Chris Banks

Guest JokerNJ

I think that's a problem with a recent FB update (or the reappearance of an old bug). Nothing to do with this ROM. Keep trying to scroll down if you get the black screen and the feed will hopefully appear. Problem seems to have fixed itself for me now in any case. Alternatively have a look at Friendcaster app which is an alternative interface to Facebook.

Clearing app data for Facebook might be worth a try if totally stuck.

I've never seen that problem on any other handset with the Facebook app.

I tried a data clear with no joy. Then a data clear and uninstalled the app (system app), are installed from market and still the same problem.

Like you say, sometimes the feed will appear but its too unreliable.

I have the paid version of Friend caster but some posts never show up because of some other users privacy settings (no sharing with third party apps).

Only thing to do is use the mobile web or Tinfoil for Facebook.

Guest JokerNJ
You sure! Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't chrome only on 4.0+

It is. Never tried it with B926 or 927 as I'm pretty sure it relies on HWA as well.

Guest Umrtvovacz

AnTuTu Benchmark score, Paul's GR2, supercharged, with Holo launcher: 3012. Will post screen if requested.

Amazing, thanks a lot Paul!

Edited by Umrtvovacz

Guest Hogweed

I've never seen that problem on any other handset with the Facebook app.

I tried a data clear with no joy. Then a data clear and uninstalled the app (system app), are installed from market and still the same problem.

A quick google search shows that many people have had this problem with the FB app from time to time. And they weren't on the G300.

In fact if J just type FACEBOOK ANDROID B into google it suggests "BLACK SCREEN" and "BLANK SCREEN" as the top two.

Also read some of the recent reviews here https://play.google....facebook.katana

Jackie - July 19, 2012 - Motorola Photon 4G with version 1.9.7

Terrible Update

The app used to be great minus the few annoying bugs aka wouldn't always load pictures right. Now all I get is my connection times out with anything and everything can't even pull up my notifications let alone my news feed. This was the WORST update I have ever seen

Spam

Kasia - July 28, 2012 - LG Cayman with version 1.9.7

Slow and glitchy

I have the lucid and as precious reviews said, its slow and awful. Black screen, blank screen, can't like or comment. I won't be using fb mobile anymore

eric - July 24, 2012 - HTC Evo 4G with version 1.9.7

I cant believe how bad this facebook app keeps getting.

I feel like everytime i get on this app something else wrong happens, and thats horrible cuz im on it everyday like 5 times a day. Sometimes it wont let me like any posts. Almost everytime i try to look at a picture it freezes up and wont load the pic so iback out hit it again and it only shows the tags in the picture then i back out hit it again and it finally shows the picture or it just crashes. App crashes at least 2 times a day running on a fully updated Evo 4g and on wifi so its not my internet. FixIt

Btw Firefox Android running Phoney Add On gives you a completely working Desktop FB if you can put up with zooming in and out everywhere. Telling FB to use the desktop version of the site in standard Android browser is buggy but using Firefox set to identify itself as desktop firefox works well for me.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest Hoggonator

I have given up on FB on the G300 and just use Flipboard as a replacement now, cannot do some of the facebook bits like messages but it is fine for basic viewing and posting.

Guest Snakewar

Since yesterday i´m trying to bake a new rom to revert swap partition to stock in the kitchen, but i always get this message:

There are currently no servers available to service your request due to a high number of builds currently in progress - please try again later.

If i use prebake rom will work? or have to wait that kitchen works?

Regards!