It has spanish??? :)

Gabriel94

Gabriel94

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Moto G
Well i flashed ICS on my G300 but wanted to switch back to GB but with this ROM I have no service? How do I get back to GB without losing phone network / service?

Any GB Rom suggestions for Germany?

Edited by Gabriel94, 05 October 2012 - 02:10 PM.

Proud Owner Of a Motorola Moto G
arzw.jpg

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 & 7 running PAC

Well i flashed ICS on my G300 but wanted to switch back to GB but with this ROM I have no service? How do I get back to GB without losing phone network / service?

Any GB Rom suggestions?

When you upgraded to ICS you updated the phones baseband (radio firmware) to 2030. This is a different baseband to what is used on GB (109808) so while you are on the 2030 baseband you cannot use any ROMs that are created for the 109808 baseband, which is pretty much all GB ROMs.

If you REALLY want to downgrade back to GB you can forcibly downgrade but this involves zeroing the IMEI number and does have some risk involved.

Edit: A guide on forcibly downgrading can be found here: https://docs.google....QHNo/edit?pli=1

Edited by Cyda, 05 October 2012 - 02:14 PM.

Gabriel94

Gabriel94

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Oh well, if it is that risky I'll just stick with ICS but some people said that GB has better performance on the G300 I think of it like having Windows XP and Windows 7 and XP has better performance because it uses less resources. I have also seen that ICS worked like a very little bit not slower but I don't know how to explain it, anyway, can you give me a a link to Stock Rom for ICS and I'll see what I do.

arzw.jpg

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
From my experience once ICS is setup correctly it runs much better than GB. I wouldn't go back to GB.

If you want stock I would go with b936 or b940 both of these work well. They are both CWM zips so you will need to install CWM if you ahven't already done so.

Gabriel94

Gabriel94

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Hmm, any good modded ROM i mean not stock?

arzw.jpg

Cyda

Cyda

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts
The best modded ROM at the moment (IMO) is Infusion. There are a few others about also but Infusion is where I would look first.

Gabriel94

Gabriel94

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts

GTA 3 works so good for him it lags for me, he also said:

Hi, The phone had a custom rom (stock based) and stock kernel,no overclock, no high performance tweaks, just rooted and some bloatware removed. The perfomance "stock rom" vs "those CUSTOM ROM" was the same. The performance would be improved with a good kernel (w OC) +custom rom(w tweaks)

arzw.jpg

Gabriel94

Gabriel94

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
Sorry for double post but I need to find out what version my phone is, i have no idea if its
B888 or anything else, i think it is U8815 whatever that means

currentyl have infusion ics
but i want to downgrade to GB and can someone give me a link to a stock GB ROM?

arzw.jpg

tcpaulh

tcpaulh

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts
  • Devices:Coolpad F1, Moto G, G300
  • Twitter:@tcpaulh

Is your partitioning code available somewhere? :)

Not specifically, i'll add that to the to-do list! )

P

Hi Paul

How did you achieve the partition swap code wise?

I'm wondering if we can do away with the 2gb partition and incorporate into data?

Thanks

Edited by tcpaulh, 16 October 2012 - 11:23 PM.

How To Provide Error Logs

There's a problem on KitKat with text wrap / reflow not working. Issue raised here. Please Star and Reply if you think it's a stupid regression

timhardy

timhardy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Just a quick thanks for this rom - I got the handset a few weeks ago and this site has been my introduction to rooting and flashing it.

So I've subscribed, partly to say thank you and partly to enjoy the rom kitchen :)

Baking and installing a rom that excludes the app for my pet hate, Facebook (and of course dropping the Vodafone bloatware) makes it worth every penny! Thank you!

ursman

ursman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:huawei ascend g300
Hi! can someone please tell me if the Gr2 ROM har the volume issue fixed? Is the sound like on a ICS rom or is it still low , like when i bought my phone from vodafone? thenk you

Hoggonator

Hoggonator

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:G300

AnTuTu Benchmark score, Paul's GR2, supercharged, with Holo launcher: 3012. Will post screen if requested.

Amazing, thanks a lot Paul!

3089 here with Go Launcher nothing else no overclock or supercharging :)

ETA: Cannot attach to WIFI network though since the 'sidegrade' - Tries to connect to existing networks then goes to disconnected/failed, this is on previously working networks, also retried resetting the credentials.

I may have to go back to stock as I cannot have the phone without WIFI - Do I just perform a full restore via CWM of the backup I performed before applying the prebake?

ETA2: Well completed a CWM restore and that was fine, however WIFI still refuses to attach :( works on a blackberry and a laptop still just not the G300 (which was perfectly attached before the sidegrade) - Phone can still see networks out there..

ETA3: Hmm, not WIFI in the phone as a colleague has a MIFI connection which I could connect to. Will have to try more tests tomorrow but looks like for some very odd reason I can no longer attach to the work WIFI when I could before changing to this ROM and I still can on a BB and a Laptop?

Edited by Hoggonator, 24 October 2012 - 02:57 PM.

unidentified

unidentified

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300
Any screenshots of this mod or does it simply look like stock but with more options?

PaulMilbank

PaulMilbank

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
Is there going to be an ICS Modaco ROM? I see bits of info here and there, but not sure if it exists or not.

Acuci

Acuci

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
im sure its just me being stupid but ive been using this rom for a while and its been great although im trying to take the plunge and go ICS. Every upgrade i try from my old baseband fails. Is that because ive got htis rom installed? and if so how do i get back to something that will let me do it?

Thanks

Andy

Craigy1892

Craigy1892

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
Are the custom roms easy to make, because ive just cooked a custom rom using Paul's Online Kitchen and am not sure what to do next

flixblixclix

flixblixclix

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Interests:Browsing
  • Devices:Dell xcd35
  • Twitter:@flixblixclix
next should be test....... for selected users or ur self.....

Be Smart, Not Hard.

Craigy1892

Craigy1892

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
sorry, but i have no idea what im doing here

Ive cooked the custom rom, what now?

Craigy1892

Craigy1892

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Right, ive finished the custom rom and im trying to test it out on the android emulator, how can i do this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users