mine from korter worked first time today :/

sent you a pm

toge64

toge64

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Interests:Bargain android devices... (and high end ones too)
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Galaxy Tab 2
replied

Have: Nexus 4, Galaxy Tab 2, HP Touchpad
Sold: Orange OSF/ZTE Blade AMOLED, Huawei Ascend G300

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
I would def try free unlock from Vodafone before buying. I went and got one today. Ask first about getting a free unlock. If they say no, be prepared to walk out and not buy it and go elsewhere. I got free unlock today at Vodafone. Be pleasent but also be prepared to say I will leave it then if they wont do it for free.
It was the first question I asked today before even showing interest, whether I could get it unlocked for free I store.

Makkaxxxxx9

Makkaxxxxx9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Bum. I paid £10 on Friday night, now you can get it for a fiver! I had to wait till this morning for it too.

BLaZiNgSPEED

BLaZiNgSPEED

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300

yeah I might go "crawling" back to vodafone and cough out the £20 for the unlock. Just for a piece of mind.

If that's what you want to do. But I am pretty certain specialize will unlock it for you. They gave me a key just after 24 hours.
All you need to do is send them your correct IMEI NUMBER and MODEL NUMBER: U8815

They will then give you a code which is meant to be 16 digit long with numbers only!!! It will unlock the phone immediately and any network will start working.
Here's the link from where i bought mine. http://www.ebay.com/itm/180875702699
The guy has 100% positive feedback so yeah, I can assure you, you won't have problems unless you don't give them your correct IMEI Number or don't enter the code correctly.

Edited by BLaZiNgSPEED, 07 May 2012 - 10:45 PM.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
specialize is highly recommended. Used him for my first G300 and a lot of people here have used him, no failures reported yet.

punjabi

punjabi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego

specialize is highly recommended. Used him for my first G300 and a lot of people here have used him, no failures reported yet.

Same here Specialize did it for me @ £7.50.
But reading all these success stories with Vodafone stores I wish I had gone there first and worked some charm! 😉

skw2

skw2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

well, thought I let you all know that korter_gsm code fail to unlock my phone. Two tries already. Contacted korter_gsm and he/she is re-verifying the code.
Note: my g300 is locked to vodafone uk.

Good news. koster_gsm found that the same unlock code was sent to two different imei numbers (one of them mine). Got a new unlock code from from him today and it worked!

trueno2k

trueno2k

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 I9300 + OMC/ZTE Skate

Good news. koster_gsm found that the same unlock code was sent to two different imei numbers (one of them mine). Got a new unlock code from from him today and it worked!

Brilliant dude, I guess it was just operative error on their side of the service... Nice to hear that they aren't phoney unlock service :P

main-logo.pngSamba_hi_res_normal.jpg02_96x31.png14.gifreferral-ad-120x60.pnglogo-colors1-vflhO4gIp.png
Current devices [ ROM ]: Samsung Galaxy SIII [ CM11 Nightly ], Motorola Moto G [ Stock JB ], & Google/Asus Nexus 7 2013 [ Stock KK ]
Previous devices: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC ( Anzu ), Orange Monte Carlo ( ZTE Skate ), Orange San Francisco ( ZTE Blade ), & HTC Wildfire ( Buzz )

CrazylegsDude

CrazylegsDude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Best Smartphone, iPod Touch

Glad it all worked out for you :)

Copperface

Copperface

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815)
I just need to highlight again that I used
Posted Image
Member ID cellunlockerpro

on ebay and this seller offers a 'Best offer' function, so even though advertised at £5-79, I offered £5 and that was accepted - be interesting to see how low he will go and if other follow suit. He is based in Bulgaria BTW but had no problems at all.

Edited by Copperface, 08 May 2012 - 06:16 PM.

edwardecl

edwardecl

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
My unlock from Korter_GSM worked just fine just to let others know.

Prog_Drummer

Prog_Drummer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Nexus 5
Well I ordered from Korter_GSM and am also having problems. Tried the unlock code twice and it hasn't worked. I've just emailed him so hopefully we can get it working.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
you only have a set number of failed unlock attempts.Not sure what happens when you reach it but be wary.
I think that ebayer needs to sort his system out as that's 2 reports of wrong codes.

skw2

skw2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

you only have a set number of failed unlock attempts.Not sure what happens when you reach it but be wary.
I think that ebayer needs to sort his system out as that's 2 reports of wrong codes.

in my case koster also provided a "reset" code, which he claims will reset the counter that keeps count of how many times you fail to enter a valid unlock code. i personally have not used the reset code, because my 2nd unlock code worked.

skw2

skw2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Well I ordered from Korter_GSM and am also having problems. Tried the unlock code twice and it hasn't worked. I've just emailed him so hopefully we can get it working.

if you use skype you can get in touch with koster easier. you should find his skype ID in the E-mails he sent you.

aledpc

aledpc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@aledpc
Thought it was worth mentioning that I ordered a code from from Korter_GSM late last night, and had a code in my inbox this morning which worked fine first time.

G300

G300

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:Pulse,San Francisco,G300
ro.config.hwft_PinPukUnlockscr=true
ro.config.hw_pukTriedTenTimes=false

Just seen this in the build.prop looks like you get 10 goes but not sure so don't anybody just try for the sake of it :blink:

Edited by G300, 09 May 2012 - 04:10 PM.

Prog_Drummer

Prog_Drummer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300, Nexus 5
Well in turns out Korter_GSM made a typo in the email message so sent me a wrong code. He sent me the correct version and an unblocking code and evrything is fine now. Phone is unlocked :)

kirilmanika

kirilmanika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco

My unlock from Korter_GSM worked just fine just to let others know.

for me too. After 14h I received correct unlock code.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users