Can you restore apps and contacts with out a sim?

Guest Colossae3.23

Guest eirlysbill1

I'll have to get my new phone from depot tonight because vodafone didn't deliver on the day promised. No big loss, except the vendor on ebay, who has the unlock codes states that after 4pm on Friday, that it could 72 hours until he sends the code. Seeing its a bank holiday, I'm thinking I won't get it until next Tuesday. I was hoping to sort this new phone out over the long weekend.

So, the question is: can I set my google accounts, and restore the apps, and possibly root and install a new rom, without a connected sim card. Is there a verification step that won't allow your device to be recognised by google, without one?

Thanks, Bill

PS: I did write a email to vodafone asking them to send me the imei, but I'm not expecting much from them...

Guest G300

Eirlysbill1 my phone has no sim also waiting for unlock code.

Using wifi I could still set upgoogle accounts download apps,

Rooted with pauls guide but I am waiting for pauls MCR on B886

Rom before I flash one.

Hope that helps.

Guest FrankieADZ

Eirlysbill1 my phone has no sim also waiting for unlock code.

Using wifi I could still set upgoogle accounts download apps,

Rooted with pauls guide but I am waiting for pauls MCR on B886

Rom before I flash one.

Hope that helps.

thats how I've done my Phone numerous times too.

Guest eirlysbill1

Cheers both,

What made me worry was, that I had tried to add the new phone to my google play account, but you can't do in manually, only by loging in. And, I noticed that my current device was an O2 Blade. So, I'm thinking how did they know that? Must have come from the sim? But, maybe it was menu choice when I first registered? Can't remember.

Anyway, Vodafone just gave me the imei over the phone. Hallelujah! :P

But, they didn't have the model number (the "U" number) which I thought was strange.

I believe the U8815 is the only one available in the UK, is that correct?

Thanks again

Guest FrankieADZ

Cheers both,

What made me worry was, that I had tried to add the new phone to my google play account, but you can't do in manually, only by loging in. And, I noticed that my current device was an O2 Blade. So, I'm thinking how did they know that? Must have come from the sim? But, maybe it was menu choice when I first registered? Can't remember.

Anyway, Vodafone just gave me the imei over the phone. Hallelujah! :P

But, they didn't have the model number (the "U" number) which I thought was strange.

I believe the U8815 is the only one available in the UK, is that correct?

Thanks again

I think thats another name for it, in the UK it mainly goes by G300.

as for ur situation will apps & contacts..I think they are backed up on Google..once your device(G300/U8815) has sync with Google Play Market & all that you new device should appear in your devices section, just remember to sync your profile with the google servers every once in a while :) thats how I've done it with my Blade

Guest eirlysbill1

I think thats another name for it, in the UK it mainly goes by G300.

as for ur situation will apps & contacts..I think they are backed up on Google..once your device(G300/U8815) has sync with Google Play Market & all that you new device should appear in your devices section, just remember to sync your profile with the google servers every once in a while :) thats how I've done it with my Blade

Cheers, the vendor with the unlock code wants the "U" number. it must me U8815