Add new languages / Customise app menu

Guest alhimyaa

Guest alhimyaa

Hi, I was wondering if you are able to add languages to this phone. In my case, i would need arabic. Does not have to be for the menu, etc. Just to read texts mainly. If anybody has come across a decent app, any advice would be appreciate.

Also, is there anyway i could sort my apps in alphabetical order without using a new launcher? For example, using software on my pc. Manually doing it on the phone takes too long :(

Guest Simon O

Not really possible I'm sorry. Arabic needs to be compiled into the OS when built by Huawei as it needs additional code to support right to left fonts. As this will increase the size of system applications it's not normally done (operators usually only build a ROM with the languages required by the network. So far the released ROMs only have Latin-based European languages). You only have two options really.. either wait for Huawei to release an Arabic ROM (which will only happen if a mobile operator in an Arabic-speaking country takes the phone), or wait for somebody to build a replacement ROM completely from source. Both options won't be quick really.

Guest alhimyaa

It has actually started to slow my phone down so i removed it but the language options are still there. How do i completely remove apps from a phone? Seems like there is some stuff being kept for each app i uninstall.

Guest Davidoff59

You will need a root browser and delete what's been left begone. Make sure that you know what you are deleting first or you could find that your phone no longer works.

Guest alhimyaa

I performed a factory data reset which seemed to do the trick. For future reference, how should i uninstall the apps to make sure everything from that app is deleted?

• 10 months later...
Guest G-razer

Wow, took some searching to find this thread! I've fresh installed my phone to sell to a monolingual Arabic language speaker (due to G600 upgrade) so I hope this doesn't slow it down for them after time like Alhimyaa found