B886 screen layout

Guest feckineejit

Guest feckineejit

Does anyone know if there is a way to add more screens on homepage, on B882 you could get up to 7 but i can only get 5 on B886 unless i'm missing something.

Guest putbinoot

Does anyone know if there is a way to add more screens on homepage, on B882 you could get up to 7 but i can only get 5 on B886 unless i'm missing something.

Just flashed mine with B886 and it gives me 7 screens.

Guest dittohead

Have you also flashed the vendor update.app?

When I 1st flashed B886 it was 5 screens, then once I flashed the vendor file, it was back to 7 screens.

Guest putbinoot

Have you also flashed the vendor update.app?

When I 1st flashed B886 it was 5 screens, then once I flashed the vendor file, it was back to 7 screens.

I have not flashed the vendor update what does that do, I have 7 screens and the original lock screen, I flashed using the *#*#2846579#*#* method if that makes a difference, not the forced upgrade.

Guest putbinoot

One thing i've noticed that the Vendor file does is it enabled the notification toggles for wifi, data etc.

yeah I have noticed the pull down widget missing and the touchpal keyboard is missing.

Guest dittohead

I have not flashed the vendor update what does that do, I have 7 screens and the original lock screen, I flashed using the *#*#2846579#*#* method if that makes a difference, not the forced upgrade.

I did it the forced update way. Like Frankish said, it brings back the notification toggles (that were in the Voda ROM) back.

However, I also on rebooting the phone realised I got things the wrong way round - I had 7 screens pre-vendor flash, now I've got 5.

Think I'd rather keep the toggle & lose 2 screens, I never use 7 on my Sensation (dropped that to 3 screens once I had ICS & folders).

Guest bumps

One thing i've noticed that the Vendor file does is it enabled the notification toggles for wifi, data etc.

also before flashing vendor on home screen press settings and you will notice the huawei launcher has an advanced settings menu, alot of options to change theme, number of home screens etc

if some one could upload the launcher apk pre vendor flashing maybe then get it back once you the flash vendor

Edited by bumps