Help! I'm new and I can't do...

Guest Frankish

Guest eirlysbill1

yeah, I think that's right. If you read in that thread, I think someone says how the stock B888 was found. Some one had a friend who worked for voda or Huawei (can't remember which) and the rom was on the guys phone, so he dumped it on here and bob's your uncle. So its not an official release, but I believe it was created by the manufacturer.

Guest Willbott

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help - the B888 ROM downloads appear not to work any more.....??? Tried all the ones from the B888 thread and none download now.

Does anyone have the stock official Huawei B888 ROM??? Where could I get it from now??? Can some one post it up somewhere?

Cheers

Will

Guest Ascend

Just rooted my phone and there is a SuperSU app. When I click it I get a message "The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue?"

I have resisted pressing Continue until I get some advice.

Anyone help?

Guest FrankieADZ

Just rooted my phone and there is a SuperSU app. When I click it I get a message "The SU binary needs to be updated. Continue?"

I have resisted pressing Continue until I get some advice.

Anyone help?

it safe to press it. :)

Guest borgetti

hello,i need help please.i have Huawei Ascend G300.I installed in the phone application that is called,, SuperSu " (not superuser).,I installed rom manager, I clicked Flash ClockworkMod Recovery,I selected the only model available huawei (U8160).after a few seconds I got the message:successfully flashed Clo9workmod recovery!..if you get into,, Root into Recovery",phone does not come into Clocwworkmod Recovery.enter the original version of boot.

Guest Ascend

Hi. Am having a problem upgrading to 886. I have followed the instructions at the beginning of the thread and used the "Normal Upgrade" method. When I hit the "SD Card Upgrade" the phone goes to the Huawei start screen and boots up. There is no progress bar and when I go to the second step (Vendor Update app) the same thing and it boots up into 885.

I must be missing something.......but I don't know what?

Can anyone help?

Got it at last. It was the dload directory and subdirectory that got me.

Edited by Ascend

Guest Davidoff59

borgetti, you flashed the wrong phone recovery. Look at the first page of this thread and you will see the cwm recovery image that you need.

Guest pritsey

Hi all,

If I want to put the 888 ROM on my phone, do I need to manually download all the apps I have or will that happen automatically when I sign into my gmail account?

Thanks!

Craig

Guest borgetti

Thanks a lot Davidoff59.I can enter the orange menu but can not do anything.orice apas in meniu,apare imaginea pe mijloc si nu se intampla nimic.image is a hat.what should be made ​​to work?

Guest borgetti

Thanks a lot Davidoff59.I can enter the orange menu but can not do anything.Anything pressing on the menu, the image appears in the middle and nothing happens.image is a hat.what should be made ​​to work?

Guest eirlysbill1

Thanks a lot Davidoff59.I can enter the orange menu but can not do anything.Anything pressing on the menu, the image appears in the middle and nothing happens.image is a hat.what should be made ​​to work?

you got the right one now. That is Clockwork Mod Recovery or CWR for short. You navigate the menu by using the volume (up and down), and you back a selection by pressing home (at the bottom) and the back button takes you back.

PS: the menu button (at the bottom) does nothing

Edited by eirlysbill1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dopple

Hi Guys.

Pretty much a novice at this. All I want to do for the time being is root the phone.

This is what I've done.

1. Downloaded SR R1 to PC (Vista)

2. Turned off phone (fast boot deselected), removed battery, waited, replaced battery

3. Turned on phone with Volume Down. Huawei logo stuck.

(At this point Vista seems to be looking for device driver software to install but it just keeps searching)

4. Double clicked the SR windows bat file (am I supposed to select Run or Extract? - I choose Run),

Command box blinked on and off to fast to see.

At this point I may have gone wrong.

5. Phone would not turn off, so pulled battery and cable.

6. Installed battery, turned on with Volume Up

7. Pressed power to select reboot device option.

Phone came back on but no SU in app drawer.

Made sure USB debugging ticked

Rebooted phone but still no SU.

Phone seems the same as it was.

What went wrong?

Thanks.

Edited by Dopple

Guest pelago

You need to extract the entire contents of the zip file, otherwise the .bat file cannot find the other things (the .exes) that it needs to run.

Guest Davidoff59

B885 is the last official UK rom for now. Depending on where you are living will Decide what you flash to keep warranty. B888 changes partitions possibly so its not easy to go back to an earlier rom. I have never tried B886.

I would flash a custom rom instead, of which there are a few to choose from on here.

Guest naghtan

B885 is the last official UK rom for now. Depending on where you are living will Decide what you flash to keep warranty. B888 changes partitions possibly so its not easy to go back to an earlier rom. I have never tried B886.

I would flash a custom rom instead, of which there are a few to choose from on here.

Ok thanks!

Im afraid that too.. if they will have spanish or not..

I think i will wait little bit to official freedom ICS...

best regards.