New B888 ROM from Huawei [Download Link Inside]

Guest KasioPC

Guest KasioPC

ive forgotten...will it reset everything?...so i lose my apps & that?.

just wondering

Yes, it will reset everything, so make sure you have a backup ;)

Guest Frankish
This is the first update I have done from the vodafone rom.

Everything feels much smoother and faster. Speaker fixed, touch buttons better, the stock android keyboard even feels more responsive and the screen is too. The browser feels smoother too.

I think this phone can only be improved by ics going forward.

I agree with that last comment. Volume issue asidebi I believe huawei haven't done a bad job at all here!

Guest FrankieADZ

Yes, it will reset everything, so make sure you have a backup ;)

Ah ok, cheers for that...might well try it tomorrow then, :)

will i have to root & Clockwork it again?

its alot better than B886 then?

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest kradcliffe

CWM failed for me after flashing B886, luckily I had everything backed up with Titanium.

CWM wouldn't restore the backup and said error on Drive E or something like that ........

Guest H2Nut

Just finished installing b888 rom. I think the only observable difference when compared to 886 is that 888 comes with the latest versions of Google packages like Play, Gmail etc...

Guest fug99

Updated and happy with the results. Far superior to the Vodafone ROM.

Shame i ordered the unlock code from Specialize just before he suffered delays on the codes. Will be a brilliant phone for the price when unlocked.

Guest H2Nut

i notice you only need to flash the update file on this one....no vendor then

*about to flash it

Well, I flashed the 888 vendor file as well.

Guest toge64

Just flashed the B888 rom before heading to bed - just a few fixes with the language packs from the looks of things, as well as updated Google apps.

Guest FrankieADZ

well i couldnt wait till the morning to flash it so...i flashed it while watching the football.

seems to be very good to me..another improvement imo.

* tho i had to re root it and flash CMR on it again...no biggy tho :)

also....i opened play Music app & it looks very ICS like....dont know if it was like this before & i see it has NFC service aswell...cant remember seeing that in the last B update

Edited by FrankieADZ

Guest Davidoff59

Definately better than the stock rom. Was that DTS toggle switch under settings/ sound on the B884 and 886 roms?

Guest putbinoot

flashed rom and vendor to get drop down controls, phone restarted ok with rom flash but had to remove battery with vendor flash. Browser is handling page scrolling a lot better and things seem nice and smooth. Sounds good to.

Guest wiiija

I don't have drop down controls even after flashing vendor, not had it for a while infact, I presume its something to do with the backup I made using titanium, I have them until I restore *shrugs*

Guest FrankieADZ

im kinda hoping we haven't got to do this every couple a days :wacko:

I say just release ICS and be done with it :ph34r: lol

Guest dragpyre

And I was happy that mine came with B886 from the shop.

Guess I'll be flashing this.. :L

EDIT: Are we not getting screenies or shall I do some again?

EDIT 2: Once apps/data is backed up, I will do some screens,

Edited by dragpyre

Guest coupedummy

just upgraded from 884.. big improvement i think. more smoother,camera is quicker and base buttons are far more sensitive. all good here.

Guest Frankish
And I was happy that mine came with B886 from the shop.

Guess I'll be flashing this.. :L

EDIT: Are we not getting screenies or shall I do some again?

B886 from the shop? Did it have vodafone apps installed?

Guest Davidoff59

Power control widget doesn't have the data toggle but just noticed there is another widget called toolbox rewrite built in to B888 that adds on the data toggle. Sweet.

Guest sonny crockett

Seems faster and the sound issue is fixed which is a major reason for doing it.

Keys seems better, touch screen still not ultra responsive but my day to day phone is a green fruit so maybe that is not a fair viewpoint.

Loaded some apps and it still seems fast.

And mine froze doing the vendor file also and needed a battery pull!

Guest dragpyre

Seems faster and the sound issue is fixed which is a major reason for doing it.

Keys seems better, touch screen still not ultra responsive but my day to day phone is a green fruit so maybe that is not a fair viewpoint.

Loaded some apps and it still seems fast.

And mine froze doing the vendor file also and needed a battery pull!

Just done mine up to B888, did not need battery pull on either update file, I did mine through Settings ----> Storage ----> Software upgrade rather than the force method.

Will do benchmarks in a mo.

EDIT:

BenchMark and Tuning Free: Average of 5345 (Beats Huawei U8800, LG-P970, STM803HC and LG-P500,

performance nearly on par with a Sony Erricson WT19i! (score increase of 433 points, 8% increase in performance)

(5202, 5470, 5362)

AnTuTu Benchmark v2.7.3: 2923, a small improvement of 46 points (2972, 2873) (rounded to nearest whole number)

CF-Bench: 3175 (3335, 2936, 3256) Small dip in performance, but I'm sure rooting and changing the governor will bring out greater scores.

Edited by dragpyre

Guest KasioPC

There looks to be a problem restoring to older Huawei ROMs and Clockworkmod backups! I think it is the partition sizes have been altered after flashing B888. I've updated the first post and will update it once I have found a solution. Any help appreciated!

Guest FrownBreaker

There looks to be a problem restoring to older Huawei ROMs and Clockworkmod backups! I think it is the partition sizes have been altered after flashing B888. I've updated the first post and will update it once I have found a solution. Any help appreciated!

Thanks for the heads up on this I was about to start downloading the ROM after reading the Goolgedoc! I saw the big red text on the first post just as I went to start the download! Thanks.