The ZTE Mimosa X in china !! updated 10/05

Guest zhanke

Guest zhanke

The zte mimosa x is called U970 in china. And It is a TD-SCDMA version,which is a China Mobile's 3G standard. But this version get only 5megapixel of cammera. I'm sure there will be a WCDMA version later.Maybe is called V970

the U970 is on sell in 25th April.

The price is 2199 RMB with a 8G microSD card,which is about £215

And I believe that the wcdma version is a little cheaper than the td-scdma version.That's true in china.

update 1: There are more colour back and the price is down to £197 with a 8G of microSD card !

post-940813-0-73128500-1336395198_thumb.

post-940813-0-84964400-1336395211_thumb.

post-940813-0-59192700-1336395226_thumb.

post-940813-0-93607100-1336395244_thumb.

post-940813-0-98914700-1336395257_thumb.

post-940813-0-26029600-1336395270_thumb.

post-940813-0-19466800-1336395284_thumb.

post-940813-0-22765900-1336626148_thumb.

post-940813-0-99029800-1336626180_thumb.

Edited by zhanke

Guest TouchyAndalou

Hi zhanke, thanks for the information and pictures. Do you know when the ZTE Era is due to be released in China and how much it will cost? Thanks.

Guest zhanke

Hi zhanke, thanks for the information and pictures. Do you know when the ZTE Era is due to be released in China and how much it will cost? Thanks.

Well, ZTE is just like a lazy boy, I guess the ZTE Era will be released in the end of this year ! because the quad-core processor phone isn't so accepted by people now ! and the price is too high ! I am not sure The first launch country is china ! ZTE is used to launching his phone in UK first . such as the ZTE Tania,we can't buy it in china now ! :(

Edited by zhanke

Guest zhanke

could you tell us a little bit more about the battery? I can't read its capacity on the 3rd picture! thx

the battery is 1600mAh

Guest leehang

TD-SCDMA is the third generation mobile communication standard which China proposed (i.e. 3G) .v970 supports wcdma. u970 supports TD-SCDMA

• 3 weeks later...
Guest trueno2k
i from china,and you can ask me.
Can this handset be used in the UK? And would you know whether I can buy this at the said price above states without incurring more shipping tax & charges?...

Guest juno106

If that is the price,I think it is too expensive.I expected it to be around 150 pounds..........and I really waited it to come out.Now we have to look for some other smart phone to buy :)

I was very interested in this mobile, but with this price, I think it's too expensive...

I think it's a very decent price. He states, that outside-china price will be lower. Also, it is a new phone, so the prices will probably drop in a few months... I think it's totally a bargain for anything under 200€, just look for a phone with comparable specs (SoC, qHD display, memory, camera, camcorder), it would probably cost more than 400€. Tegra 2 is relatively new SoC and very well performing, so I suppose it's a bit expensive still. Uncomparable to outdated an cpu in blade, or skate, that lacks performance, so the price is reasonable.

Guest juno106

If it is around 150 punds....A big possibility I might be buying it..............At around 200,I will think about that.There are some models from HUAWEI that will come out probably......SO we will see..................But MIMOSAX and ERA were suppose to come out at the end of MAY,but ZTE has failed.Does anyone knows when they will be released????

Guest tillaz

If it is around 150 punds....A big possibility I might be buying it..............At around 200,I will think about that.There are some models from HUAWEI that will come out probably......SO we will see..................But MIMOSAX and ERA were suppose to come out at the end of MAY,but ZTE has failed.Does anyone knows when they will be released????

uk price will be £189.99 and that's sim free

if a carrier brands it like orange it could be even cheaper,

the era & mimosa x are planned for a Q2 release, witch is any time from now (June)

Guest crnadakm

Announced 2012, February Status Coming soon. Exp. release 2012, Q3

the era & mimosa x are planned for a Q2 release, witch is any time from now (June)

Guest trueno2k

Got a link to where you found how much it is gonna be when it arrives in UK please?...

Guest juno106

What about the price of ERA? How much it will cost in UK?....it seems that my new phone will be either MIMOSA X or ERA (depending when will ZTE release them),and if HUAWEI doesn't release some more interesting and cheaper new model :D

And TILLAZ,since you have experience with mobile phones,how do you think MIMOSA X compares to SAN DIEGO?Which one is better according to the specifications?

Edited by juno106

Guest tillaz

Got a link to where you found how much it is gonna be when it arrives in UK please?...

i didn't find the price online... i was emailed by a company that will be stocking both the zte era & mimosa x

its fairly obvious that the mimosa x will cost no more than £199.99 in the uk... considering its been available in china at this price for the past 3 month

zte era will range from £249.99 depending where you buy it..

if people don't want to believe it then that's fine ;)

Guest tillaz

What about the price of ERA? How much it will cost in UK?....it seems that my new phone will be either MIMOSA X or ERA (depending when will ZTE release them),and if HUAWEI doesn't release some more interesting and cheaper new model biggrin.png

And TILLAZ,since you have experience with mobile phones,how do you think MIMOSA X compares to SAN DIEGO?Which one is better according to the specifications?

mimosa x has better specs, its dual core tegra 2

i would avoid the SAN DIEGO.. as a developer its not looking good for that device...

Guest trueno2k
mimosa x has better specs, its dual core tegra 2

i would avoid the SAN DIEGO.. as a developer its not looking good for that device...

I'm assuming that you'll be getting either the mimosa x or the era?... & if so, you'd be devving it & try to get ICS custom rom, maybe CM9 for it some time after rooting it?... Edited by trueno2k

Guest tillaz

I'm assuming that you'll be getting either the mimosa x or the era?... & if so, you'd be devving it & try to get ICS custom rom, maybe CM9 for it some time after rooting it?...

yeah, zte era is certain for me as i already have a tegra 2 device (lg optimus 2x) so the mimosa x is not an option for me.

i will be making a custom rom based on stock ics for the era

After i've read the Orange San Diego review, im totally speechless. For 200 pounds, it seems a better buy vs 190 for mimosa x. I think that in orange, they will realize it too and the phone will be cheaper, it would fit in my opinion in somewhere like 170 pounds on payg probably... We will see, but I'm really looking forward to all those devices, Mimosa X, Era, San Diego, such a great phones for really "funny" price.

Guest tillaz

After i've read the Orange San Diego review, im totally speechless. For 200 pounds, it seems a better buy vs 190 for mimosa x. I think that in orange, they will realize it too and the phone will be cheaper, it would fit in my opinion in somewhere like 170 pounds on payg probably... We will see, but I'm really looking forward to all those devices, Mimosa X, Era, San Diego, such a great phones for really "funny" price.

mimosa x is dual core tegra 2

san Diego is singel core

mimosa x has better specs and its cheaper

its looking like an august release now for both the ZTE ERA & MIMOSA X in the uk...

no sure i will wait that long :(

mimosa x is dual core tegra 2

san Diego is singel core

mimosa x has better specs and its cheaper

its looking like an august release now for both the ZTE ERA & MIMOSA X in the uk...

no sure i will wait that long

san diego has intel platform, which is x86, which may perform better sometimes... btw it also features hyper-threading. also, intel is clocked at 1.6ghz and tegra at 1ghz-1.2ghz. It has better display (1024*600) with gorilla glass (i dont think ZTE will include it, but it would be nice to have it), NFC, dual-led flash, dual mics (which, from the review proved themselves), microHDMI right on the device... it really seems like a better deal for me. On the other hand, the mimosa X could be better for games with the tegra.

Edited by m4te

Guest juno106

WHAT?????? AUGUST RELEASE NOW????? ooohhhhh those guys in ZTE suck.Those release dates for ERA and MIMOSA X wil be total miss.I will get HUAWEI G300 instead.I can't wait till august for their phones.ZTE has really bad planning and timing it seams.First those phones were suppose to be released in MAY,then JUNE and now AUGUST? No one will wait for them that much.....what a shame :(

Edited by juno106