The ZTE Mimosa X in china !! updated 10/05

Guest zhanke

Guest cmberry20

lol... arent all those phones from 'www.fastcardtech' just knock offs of proper phones?

eg.

HDC Galaxy S3... $183!

Google 4S M99 with Retina screen.... $135!

SHUP UP & TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Edited by cmberry20

Guest tillaz

lol... arent all those phones from 'www.fastcardtech' just knock offs of proper phones?

eg.

HDC Galaxy S3... $183!

Google 4S M99 with Retina screen.... $135!

SHUP UP & TAKE MY MONEY!!!

not all of them, but yeah most are crappy clones.

but the phone we were looking at has a tegra 3 chip set so cant be that bad

Guest fraxos

Actually it is not. The search provider you are referring to I assume is Baidu, whilst this phone is made by a small electronics reseller, Beidu...

Edited by fraxos

Guest tillaz
Guest LucasRobert

While we talk about it looking similar to the Nexus S/Galaxy; I stumbled across THIS phone from some unknown Chinese manufacturer, they seem ever so slightly similar looking... (Newman N1, has a 4.3" QHD display too)

ceZZMCwtEmfOU.jpg

Edited by LucasRobert

Guest tillaz

While we talk about it looking similar to the Nexus S/Galaxy; I stumbled across THIS phone from some unknown Chinese manufacturer, they seem ever so slightly similar looking... (Newman N1, has a 4.3" QHD display too)

$189.99 or £121.50

http://www.chinastor...ips-screen.html

video

[media=]

there's more alike here

http://www.chinastore-online.com/android-phone.html

Guest LucasRobert

The only thing I have a concern over is the fact they say it's dual core, I SWEAR the A9 isn't, or isn't meant to be.(EDIT: My bad, the Tegra 2 is based on it) Nice to have 1GB of RAM, 1700mAh battery and and IPS display though

Edited by LucasRobert

Guest Davidoff59

Now i know why there is conflicting specs in reviews. The spec sheets that Zte UK are sending out to phone reviewers state the same spec as thy Chinese version so 1 gig ram and

1. 2ghz clock speed with 1080p recording.

No idea what Zte are playing at but could they be selling 2 different specced phones ?

Guest tillaz

Now i know why there is conflicting specs in reviews. The spec sheets that Zte UK are sending out to phone reviewers state the same spec as thy Chinese version so 1 gig ram and

1. 2ghz clock speed with 1080p recording.

No idea what Zte are playing at but could they be selling 2 different specced phones ?

even with the higher specs its still not worth £269.99... i would forget about this unless it dose appear for £189.99 like first announced...

you can get a good dual core for £200 sim free, if you look around the net.. even as cheap as £120 if you look at the Chinese phones

(have no idea how well they actually perform though)

Guest sui785

I'm looking for an upgrade as well(have the ZTE Skate atm), but I'm not so sure about the Chinese phones(they all have MTK processors and they aren't famous).

Guest tillaz

I'm looking for an upgrade as well(have the ZTE Skate atm), but I'm not so sure about the Chinese phones(they all have MTK processors and they aren't famous).

they seem to handle ics ok, and run the 3d games smooth, going by the video above

im tempted to get the phone above for £130 just to have a look at it annd see how they actually perform

if its bad i will just give it to my kids as a toy lol

Guest LucasRobert

Only one way to find out I guess, I'd really LIKE to think I can get a Dual Core Android for under £115, cheaper than my Skate (which I also have at the moment), but I'm not sure if it's too good to be true.

im tempted to get the phone above for £130 just to have a look at it annd see how they actually perform

So am I, shame I can't find any decent reviews on them.

Edited by LucasRobert

Guest tillaz

Only one way to find out I guess, I'd really LIKE to think I can get a Dual Core Android for under £115, cheaper than my Skate (which I also have at the moment), but I'm not sure if it's too good to be true.

So am I, shame I can't find any decent reviews on them.

kind of a review for the phone i posted above

http://www.gizchina....e-nears-launch/

probably more if you Google AMOI N820 review

Guest tillaz

apparently this mtk6577 chip performs better than qualcomms msm8225 chip

so it might not be as bad as we think... i have no idea about mtk chipsets so cant really comment

Guest sui785

apparently this mtk6577 chip performs better than qualcomms msm8225 chip

so it can might not be as bad as we think... i have no idea about mtk chip sets so can really comment

Ah cool, someone must have bought at least one of these and reviewed them properly. Still looking for more videos.

Edited by sui785