B885 now available, official rom from Huawei or Vodafone

Guest alhimyaa

Guest alhimyaa

Hi, just thought i would give you all a heads up that the rom is now available. It is B885 though so not sure why it wasn't B888. I updated it through the settings and updated from the original rom. All it said in the notes was fixed the low volume issue which it has for me. Anyway, discuss away, goodnight/morning! *yawns*

Guest FrankieADZ

ive just checked myself and there is no new ROM/update available for me; although I'm on Orange & i'm currently using B888.

Guest alhimyaa

U8815V100R001C02B885

I can only assume those with B886 and above cannot get this unless they force update it due to the phone assuming they already have a more upto date rom. Then again... what do i know? I know nothing about roms, etc.

So no ICS udate then :( Thought it was a little early for that,but it would certainly boost sales alot,so whats holding them back unless its not ready ?

So no reason for those with volume fix in place to even worry about this,unless of course like me you are a flashaholic and would flash it just because I could :lol:

Of course this is an update not a flash zip,but same principle I guess.

Edited by Guest

Guest FrankieADZ

So no ICS udate then :( Thought it was a little early for that,but it would certainly boost sales alot,so whats holding them back unless its not ready ?

So no reason for those with volume fix in place to even worry about this,unless of course like me you are a flashaholic and would flash it just because I could :lol:

you should go see someone about that :ph34r: ;) lol

maybe we've(B888 ppl) have jumped the gun by installing B888... :wacko:

Those that want the official update would have to flash back to stock and update from there.

I dont know that there would be much benefit other than when it comes to update times,the device will be recognized as in need of update.

Or it maybe that instead of flashing back,a simple build.prop tweak could fool the update that you have the stock rom installed,but thats just a guess,not sure it would work.

Edited by Guest

Guest RussellS

Those that want the official update would have to flash back to stock and update from there.

I thought that there was a problem with B888 which meant that you couldn't flash back to stock, or is that sorted now. I'm getting a little confused.

Guest FrankieADZ

I thought that there was a problem with B888 which meant that you couldn't flash back to stock, or is that sorted now. I'm getting a little confused.

from what ive read on here, peopl are saying u cant downgrade, the B888 upgrade changes the partition sizes or something...which some(& me) are speculating could be for the reported ICS update they say about

Guest h14kly

Well am running origenal rom that came with the phone, updated via online updater took around 5 mins from start to fin, build no. is showing u8815v100r001c02b885 and my sound on films, wicked. me a happy man now ;)

Edited by h14kly

Guest RussellS

from what ive read on here, peopl are saying u cant downgrade, the B888 upgrade changes the partition sizes or something...which some(& me) are speculating could be for the reported ICS update they say about

So, if I understand correctly, B888 is working absolutely fine and you like it. The only issue is that if, and it's a big if, you need to return the phone to Vodafone for any reason you could have a problem because you will not be able to flash the original B882 or B885 rom.

Guest mealy1

I did a firmware update took about 10 mins over my wifi It came up as Asura vodafone 14.22mb,

The sound problem is now fixed and working as it should have been,

Still using the original vodafone rom The phone is unlocked and rooted with most of the vodafone apps removed.

I am having to turn the sound down now.

Edited by mealy1

Guest Frankish

Those on B888 please bear in mind that is an Huawei rom, B885 is a Vodafone branded rom, B888 is still newer and probably better. Vodafone probably just took their time approving B885 which wouldn't surprise me!

Guest dancg

I've just updated my rooted G300 which was still with the original Vodafone ROM, and I can confirm as well that the sound issue is fixed and that once it is updated, the phone is still rooted. I thought I'd have to rooted it again, but apparently not. Any explanations to that?

Guest Frankish

Yeah that's easy. The update is just that an update. It's not a full rom and the update only replaces what it needs to in order to fix the volume issue!

Guest dubly

I'm on giffgaff and get a 'Communication with the server failed. Unable to obtain the new versions list' when I try to do the Firmware Upgrade .. it's been doing that for the last 30 mins - anyone else had this?

EDIT: Seems to be working again, downloading now.

Edited by dubly

Guest Sebastian404

Interestingly, I ran the 884 update the other day to fix my volume issues, and then restored de-branded 882 rom. and I ended up with my AMSS & OEMSBL at 884, and everything else at 882.

I've tried the OTA updater and it just claims theres no update for me... anyone managed to get the 885 update package from thier device?

Guest FrankieADZ

So, if I understand correctly, B888 is working absolutely fine and you like it. The only issue is that if, and it's a big if, you need to return the phone to Vodafone for any reason you could have a problem because you will not be able to flash the original B882 or B885 rom.

well im sure rooting it and putting ClockworkMod on there either wont help either tbf, but u have to take a risk i guess. still this B888 rom will probably be bundled in the ICS release when it arrives as it sets bigger partitions for the g300, which ics requires.

Guest h14kly

dubly i am on T-mobile and got update fine, possibly problem with there server at this time ? i am sure you will try again later hope you get through tho

Guest dancg

I'm on giffgaff and get a 'Communication with the server failed. Unable to obtain the new versions list' when I try to do the Firmware Upgrade .. it's been doing that for the last 30 mins - anyone else had this?

EDIT: Seems to be working again, downloading now.

I updated mine through GiffGaff this morning at 10AM with no problem.

Guest dbaseii

So no ICS udate then sad.png Thought it was a little early for that,but it would certainly boost sales alot,so whats holding them back unless its not ready ?

So no reason for those with volume fix in place to even worry about this,unless of course like me you are a flashaholic and would flash it just because I could laugh.png

Yep, I have this compulsion too. Phones, satellite receivers, tv etc. Gets me into trouble quite often

Guest Frankish

Those of you thinking that whatever network you use has any effect on wether you get the update are seriously confused or misled. The rom is still a Vodafone rom regardless of what network you use so will still only receive vodafone updates

Guest Sebastian404

looking at the updater-scipt..

ui_print("Verifying current system...");
assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "Huawei/U8815/hwu8815:2.3.6/HuaweiU8815C02B882/C02B882:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys" ||
file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "Huawei/U8815/hwu8815:2.3.6/HuaweiU8815C02B885/C02B885:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys");
ui_print("Checking patch files...");
[/CODE]

so it's only going to update B882 & B885

If anyone else wants a poke, its downloaded into /sdcard/HwOUC

Guest Gary_J_Wright

looking at the updater-scipt..

ui_print("Verifying current system...");

assert(file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "Huawei/U8815/hwu8815:2.3.6/HuaweiU8815C02B882/C02B882:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys" ||

file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "Huawei/U8815/hwu8815:2.3.6/HuaweiU8815C02B885/C02B885:user/ota-rel-keys,release-keys");

ui_print("Checking patch files...");

so it's only going to update B882 & B885

If anyone else wants a poke, its downloaded into /sdcard/HwOUC

can you upload it for us? i.e that cant download it to the phone cause we are already on b888?