Low volume issue officially fixed via OTA update

Guest Martin__S

Guest Martin__S

I can confirm that an over the air update is now available which fixes the low volume issue.

To apply the update :

1. Open settings

2. Scroll down to 'About phone'

3. Choose 'Online upgrade'

4. Choose 'Firmware upgrade'

Update will show. Its a small 14mb download.

Just wait for download and either apply now or later.

Make sure you have decent remaining battery.

The update takes about 2 minutes.

Martin.

Guest MrBIBU

I can confirm that an over the air update is now available which fixes the low volume issue.

To apply the update :

1. Open settings

2. Scroll down to 'About phone'

3. Choose 'Online upgrade'

4. Choose 'Firmware upgrade'

Update will show. Its a small 14mb download.

Just wait for download and either apply now or later.

Make sure you have decent remaining battery.

The update takes about 2 minutes.

Martin.

Thank You

Downloading Now

Hope it fixes Low volume ....

Yes I can confirm . Low volume is fixed now.

Edited by MrBIBU

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Bah! Mine tells me it "Communication with the server failed. Unable to obtain the new versions list". This is on WiFi, which is defintely working because I am able to browse the web. Will try again later. Reluctant to switch to B888 until I am certain I will not have to return my phone because of that wretched screen problem.

Guest M&C

OK. I'm back.

Lost old credentials.

So I've a G300 rooted & unlocked.

Its never been near Vodafone services nor will it ever.

We are for reasons I cannot recall O2 ( but I do live in hope that one day I'll be on a China Mobile contract in the UK & save myself a bundle)

So wise people ...how do I patch the G300 without an OTA connection to Vodafone- so that I can hear it ring ?

Guest dancg

OK. I'm back.

Lost old credentials.

So I've a G300 rooted & unlocked.

Its never been near Vodafone services nor will it ever.

We are for reasons I cannot recall O2 ( but I do live in hope that one day I'll be on a China Mobile contract in the UK & save myself a bundle)

So wise people ...how do I patch the G300 without an OTA connection to Vodafone- so that I can hear it ring ?

You can flash any of the ROMs that fixes the speaker problem, B886 for example, following the instructions detailed here

http://www.modaco.com/topic/353860-help-im-new-and-i-cant-do/

Guest nadsax

Got my phone today and updated it with the release. I have sound but the phone is much less responsive now, especially when swiping the screen. It was far more fast and smooth in operation before the upgrade. Disappointing.

Edited by nadsax

Guest Sebastian404

The updater posts various stuff to this address:

D/HwOUC ( 841): HttpCommunicator -> http://query.hicloud.com:80/sp_ard_common/urlcommand/CheckNewVersion.aspx
[/CODE] which gives back this:
[CODE]
D/HwOUC ( 841): HttpCommunicator -> http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G104/g0/v2063/f4/full/filelist.xml
and then you can download the following two files:

D/HwOUC ( 841): HttpCommunicator -> http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G104/g0/v2063/f4/full/changelog.xml
D/HwOUC ( 841): HwOucUtility -> startFirmwareDownload(),5,http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G104/g0/v2063/f4/full/update.zip
[/code]

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Well I managed to retrieve the OTA update from my home WiFi (after my problems at work earlier) but the update is not installing. When the phone reboots to apply the update it goes to ClockworkMod and there is a report about not finding the update zip file. If I manually direct it to the file, it opens it but then reports an error about being unable to verify it and refuses to install it.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

Well I managed to retrieve the OTA update from my home WiFi (after my problems at work earlier) but the update is not installing. When the phone reboots to apply the update it goes to ClockworkMod and there is a report about not finding the update zip file. If I manually direct it to the file, it opens it but then reports an error about being unable to verify it and refuses to install it.

im pretty sure the update only works from the software update through phones menu NOT CWM but cant test as have B888 installed and will only work with b882 rom

Guest Sebastian404

im pretty sure the update only works from the software update through phones menu NOT CWM but cant test as have B888 installed and will only work with b882 rom

The update does some stuff I've never seen before, rather than replacing loads of files, some of them have a patch applied, the version of amend that comes with CWMR does not support that.. I'm not sure if its a huawei custom thing or just a newer version of amend,, but its very interesting..

EDIT:

Actually I just realized that the stock recovery has two extra executables, apply_patch & apply_patch_check, thats what it's using... lots of references it to on google being used on other devices.. I'll look into that, tho

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Indeed. I am using the update facility through about phone --> online upgrade --> firmware upgrade. It downloads the patch, I choose the option to install now, it immediately reboots the phone and after a few seconds it shows an Android with an exclamation mark. Pressing the 'back' capacitive button brings up the CWM menu.

Guest Sebastian404

Indeed. I am using the update facility through about phone --> online upgrade --> firmware upgrade. It downloads the patch, I choose the option to install now, it immediately reboots the phone and after a few seconds it shows an Android with an exclamation mark. Pressing the 'back' capacitive button brings up the CWM menu.

For the time being you'r going to have to revert to the stock recovery to apply the update I'm afraid.

Guest Konstipated Kiwi

Thanks for your efforts anyway, Sebastian404. It's no biggie to be honest. I think I am going to bite on the bullet and install b888 despite my concerns about the screen. I am hoping that some clever people will figure out how to restore it to stock before too long anyway. I'll take my chances.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...
Guest jamie_w

Hi,

Ive just tried to update the G300 to this firmware, it downloaded ( over wi-fi ) I pressed to install now, the phone turned off and then restarted with a blue screen.

This was last night and was still like that this morning.

Is there anyway of recovering the phone or what has gone wrong?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest anotherbob

Hoping for some help with ringer volume.

My phone is unlocked and rooted but is still on original ROM

in ABOUT PHONE it says the following....

mod. no. U8815

AND. 2.3.6

BASEBAND 109808

BUILD U8815V100R001CO2B892

I have tried the procedure in the OP but the response is

NO UPDATES ARE AVAILABLE

I'm quite happy with the phone as it is. I don't need ICS, all I want is to hear the phone ring!

To add to the problem I have a hearing impairment and have a hearing aid. Despite this I was always able to hear my old San Francisco.

Guest Pain_Deluxe

Go Back to B888. (instruction found on the sticky threads)

I went from B884 to 886.No Soundbug anymore ! With B892 it was back. damn you HW an VF.

Btw better use infusion rom ;)

Guest bladebuddy

Doe's anyone know if b885 Ginger bread rom suffers from low volume issues as I need to go back to Ginger to try something , and tried b882 and got the low volume recurring.