Photo

How many people are using B888

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: How many people are using B888 (82 member(s) have cast votes)

What update are you using?

1. B884 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. B885 (15 votes [18.29%])

Percentage of vote: 18.29%

3. B886 (6 votes [7.32%])

Percentage of vote: 7.32%

4. B888 (61 votes [74.39%])

Percentage of vote: 74.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Devices:Blade, Huawei G300, Jiayu G3

I've actually re-installed the touchpal keyboard as I got quite used to it's predictive text and could knock out sentences really fast. I hear the Swype one is a bit better but the Touchpal one is free.

I've been using Swype for about 18 months firstly on my OSF and now on my G300 and so far it has always been free. I think Swype is one of those 'love it or hate it' things and personally I love it.

putbinoot

putbinoot

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300, Jiayu G3.

Upgraded to B888 a short while ago. It's a nice relief to be finally rid of all the Vodafone junk and be able to tailor the phone to my wants. Also as has already been said the capacitive buttons are a heck of a lot more responsive now. Just feels a better experience overall. I know I could of rooted it earlier and dicked about junking all the voda stuff, but I had a feeling something like this might be along eventually.

I've actually re-installed the touchpal keyboard as I got quite used to it's predictive text and could knock out sentences really fast. I hear the Swype one is a bit better but the Touchpal one is free.

TouchPal have a swipe version aswell.

Posted Image

KasioPC

KasioPC

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@kasiopc
Quick question. Those who upgraded to B888 via the default Huawei method, are you able to use iPlayer? I've noticed mine is not showing any programmes, and I have tried on multiple networks. Flashing B888 is (what I think) the only thing that changed..

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Quick question. Those who upgraded to B888 via the default Huawei method, are you able to use iPlayer? I've noticed mine is not showing any programmes, and I have tried on multiple networks. Flashing B888 is (what I think) the only thing that changed..

Ive just tried it and it works fine for me, (Im on B888 & did upgrade the default method too

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Yep, working fine for me as well.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
working here also

FrankieADZ

FrankieADZ

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
the only thing i can suggest, when I had a problem was to restart the phone. worth a try i guess,

KasioPC

KasioPC

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
  • Twitter:@kasiopc
My fault, I found that the Flash apk was in /system/apply rather than /data/app, so iPlayer couldn't load it. Doh.

Muznyu

Muznyu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Use Rom Toolbox for removing any apps that titanium can't.

Use root explorer and delete touchpal stuff from the misc partition.

Well, I tried both, first it seemed that Toolbox removed the keyboard, but after reboot TouchPal appeared again. I checked all the partitions, but couldn't find it with RootExplorer, so I gave it up, not a big deal. :)

Edit: Okay, finally I've found it with RootExplorer, it's located in cust/normal/europe/app folder. Thanks!

Edited by Muznyu, 13 May 2012 - 12:27 PM.

punjabi

punjabi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
Hi guys

I've been using the B888 ROM for about a week now, all seems perfectly fine on the phone.

Just one little niggle really... I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same issue. Basically, when using the phone dialer the layout of the numbers seems international i.e. 123-456-78910. Etc. now I'd like it to be UK style i.e. 01234 456789 as it was in the original ROM. Any ideas how this can be sorted out...?

Frankish

Frankish

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,536 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 4S Xiaocai X9 THL W200
Mine are not like that on B888. Is your phone language set to UK English

Colossae3.23

Colossae3.23

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts
  • Devices:Nokia Lumia 720

Hi guys

I've been using the B888 ROM for about a week now, all seems perfectly fine on the phone.

Just one little niggle really... I'm not sure if anyone else is having the same issue. Basically, when using the phone dialer the layout of the numbers seems international i.e. 123-456-78910. Etc. now I'd like it to be UK style i.e. 01234 456789 as it was in the original ROM. Any ideas how this can be sorted out...?

Mine are not like that on B888. Is your phone language set to UK English

I have this problem too, don't think its rom based though. I just checked my language settings and I'm on UK English. I had this problem on the blade too. My guess is that its a google accounts glitch. I'm from the States, and so I have both UK and US phone numbers in my contacts, and I always guessed that google accounts decide to read the US format, and then assumed that's what I needed, and it then changed all my numbers into the US format (including UK one's) Good thing is, it doesn't effect calls, just the way the numbers are displayed.

punjabi

punjabi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Diego
Im pretty sure I set it to English UK

I'm gona check again though...

peacanpie

peacanpie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I have this problem too, don't think its rom based though. I just checked my language settings and I'm on UK English. I had this problem on the blade too. My guess is that its a google accounts glitch. I'm from the States, and so I have both UK and US phone numbers in my contacts, and I always guessed that google accounts decide to read the US format, and then assumed that's what I needed, and it then changed all my numbers into the US format (including UK one's) Good thing is, it doesn't effect calls, just the way the numbers are displayed.

I don't have the G300 yet, but on a similar problem on a couple of other phones, I used 'more locale 2' https://play.google.....ccl.morelocale to sort it out easily.

Can't say it'll definitely sort the problem, but perhaps worth a try. Back up first! :-)

spikeh

spikeh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I also have the locale problem. Under "Language & keyboard settings -> Select language", I can only choose "English" which is English (US); no option for British English.

RussellS

RussellS

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
Mine is set to "English (United Kingdom)" and I'm on the B888 rom. The funny thing is though that if I go into the language selection I can only see "English" available as an option and not any particular variant of English.

Davidoff59

Davidoff59

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco, G300
There must be about 40 English options on b888 from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe English literally

ryan2801

ryan2801

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Have these roms made any difference to the phone's signal? Mine kept dropping from 3 bars to 0 then back again constantly, so I took it back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users