3G Issues Abroad

Guest beyond_all_control

Guest beyond_all_control

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone could put me out of my misery on this - Basically I have an unlocked ZTE Crescent that I bought in England and used happily for about 6 months without any issues. I have now moved to Australia and since then I have not been able to use any 3G what so ever. I'm fine making calls and texts and receiving them but there is nothing going on in the internet department. I have tried 2 seperate sims from different service providers but still nothing.

Should my phone work over here or is it a simple case of it just won't and I need to get myself a new one?

Any advice would be really apprecaited as i'm tearing my hair out over this!

Cheers,

Jason.

Guest Bouncer5

EDIT: Just seen your using San Francissco II. You must make your phone run on 900/1800 Bands for 2G and 900/2100 FOR 3G

From what I can tell (Wikipedia) the bands are just slightly different enough to casue a problem, It seems Optus is the one that should cause the less amount of problems, Although you may need to change a setting somewhere.

Can someone with more knowledge verify this information?

The networks that run on Optus are as follows:

Optus

Virgin Mobile

TPG

Savvytel

Boost Mobile

Amaysim

DODO

Woffle

Startel

Tru

Everyday Mobile (Runs on 2G only, Good for your battery life! Bad for your sanity)

Woolworths Mobile

Live Connected

Vaya

Edited by Bouncer5

Guest beyond_all_control

Right so I currently have an Optus sim in there, when i spoke to customer services we went through the APN and here's what he told me to put in there:

Name: optus internet

APN: yesinternet

Proxy: Not Set

Port: Not Set

Username: Not Set

Password: Not Set

Server: Not Set

MMSC: Not Set

MMS Proxy: Not Set

MMS Port: Not Set

MCC: 505

MNC: 02

Authentication Type: PAP

APN Type: Internet

According to the guy i spoke to thats all i should need to make it work....but it doesn't. Any thoughts?

Guest beyond_all_control

tsr2 - after looking at that website you linked again, i've seen there we're a few things the customer service guy from Optus didn't give me or wrong details that he gave me - After using that website I now have working 3G!!! :D You sir have just saved me about $500 on a new phone so thank you very much for that, i really appreciate it.

God bless this website.

Jason.

Guest tsr2

tsr2 - after looking at that website you linked again, i've seen there we're a few things the customer service guy from Optus didn't give me or wrong details that he gave me - After using that website I now have working 3G!!! :D You sir have just saved me about $500 on a new phone so thank you very much for that, i really appreciate it.

God bless this website.

Jason.

I've been researching this stuff for a trip to NZ. I'm glad it was useful for you too.