ZTE N880E & first ZTE ICS update

Guest KonstaT

Guest unrandomsam

Well to be honest they did release the source of the OpenMAX wrapper for the QDSP6 and VIDC API's and codeaurora is excellent if you exclude a few things. Dunno if there other SoC companies that offer a codebase like CodeAurora does.

At least Nvidia and TI have similar codebases. The Allwinner one is probably more open. (MIPS have something similar / linaro has one that is pretty good for TI stuff as well).

Most of them are fairly open (Think renesas / NEC are the only closed ones or were)

Guest ayziaa

I'm looking for a replacement for my blade, this device seems really interesting if it can run windows phone and an official jellybean. Do you have any informations about this smartphone coming to european market?

Edited by ayziaa

Guest KonstaT

I'm looking for a replacement for my blade, this device seems really interesting if it can run windows phone and an official jellybean. Do you have any informations about this smartphone coming to european market?

This is a CDMA variant and it won't work in most european countries. I think GSM/WCDMA version of this device has now been spotted in Belgium and Italy (V880E, Acqua or what ever). I'd be interested too, there's not too many good budget devices available in Finland...

http://www.modaco.co...ted-in-belgium/

It also seems I broke some news earlier. :D

http://wwwen.zte.com...723_327879.html

http://phandroid.com...4-1-jelly-bean/

http://www.gsmarena...._-news-4555.php

I wish zte would use more modern processors. Processors only go upto around $25 which isn't much. If they sold a qualcomm a15 1.4ghz (assuming they could get enough processors) they would sell tons of those phones. Instead we get older slower processors and not much ram. $15 extra cost for them would mean we'd have an incredible phone for such a small price.

Guest ayziaa

I didn't realised it has a 3.2 pixel camera. Camera isn't the most important thing but changing from a blade I was hoping for an upgrade. I guess at this price you can't ask for everything.

Guest Snap.IT

I wish zte would use more modern processors. Processors only go upto around $25 which isn't much. If they sold a qualcomm a15 1.4ghz (assuming they could get enough processors) they would sell tons of those phones. Instead we get older slower processors and not much ram. $15 extra cost for them would mean we'd have an incredible phone for such a small price.

If there is one thing i used to be certain of it was that i'd never buy another device with a QC chipset, however, now i'll just buy whatever KonstaT will make roms for.

Went from MMHP to SS to KonstaKANG and i've been happy with all of them, i'd like to use JB as my daily and if anyone is going to make that happen it's KonstaT.

As far as i'm concerned, it's Huawei and ZTE because their openness (which in itself is extremely ironic) makes them stand out.

Guest t0mm13b

If there is one thing i used to be certain of it was that i'd never buy another device with a QC chipset, however, now i'll just buy whatever KonstaT will make roms for.

Went from MMHP to SS to KonstaKANG and i've been happy with all of them, i'd like to use JB as my daily and if anyone is going to make that happen it's KonstaT.

As far as i'm concerned, it's Huawei and ZTE because their openness (which in itself is extremely ironic) makes them stand out.

Zte, open? :blink:

Pfffttt....

you got to be kiddin' me! :P

Guest shmizan

exactly what I was thinking.. I will never buy a phone from ZTE again, just because of their lame attempts at pleasing us with that crap they called kernel source

Guest Snap.IT

Zte, open? :blink:

Pfffttt....

you got to be kiddin' me! :P

No, Tom, i am not joking, they have not only left their firmware so open that it's possible to program for it and unlock any phone, they have also left it open so that you can do a TPT with whatever settings you'd like.

try that on a Samsung or a HTC and report back to me.

I used to program for the Mini and the G5, this is a heaven of open code in comparison.

Guest t0mm13b

No, Tom, i am not joking, they have not only left their firmware so open that it's possible to program for it and unlock any phone, they have also left it open so that you can do a TPT with whatever settings you'd like.

try that on a Samsung or a HTC and report back to me.

I used to program for the Mini and the G5, this is a heaven of open code in comparison.

Am laughing at such naivety coming from you!

Zte made that Blade a big major mistake... left it wide open,

now, they've wised up! ;)

Since you were not around at the time of the kernel source fiasco nor when Zte PR was on the forum who sailed off never to be seen again! (Don't recall seeing your posts anywhere at that time)

... just sayin' ;)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest ayziaa

It seems like differents version of the device exists. The one available in china has a 3.2 mpx camera, but few version availabe in italy, belgium or germany from the link you gave me on your post show a 5mpx camera. So it possible that in europe the device will be sold with a 5mpx camera. I don't know if the price will be about 120 euros, maybe something like 150.

Edited by ayziaa

• 5 months later...