Get your vote in for Cyanogen mod...

Guest EddyC01

Guest EddyC01

Firstly apologies if this cross posting isn't allowed, I had a look through the forum rules and didn't see a mention of it.

Hi All,

I have started a threat over at Cyanogen mod to poll for peoples interest in developing CM for the G300.

I have asked people to state their interest as either a donor or dev. My thinking is it will show the demand for the ROM and also if enough people pledge as a donor then we could maybe fund a couple of devices for some keen dev's?

Please find it at the following link: http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/49942-cm-for-huawei-u8815-vodafone-g300/

Not to say that the G300 isn't a great phone as it stands but after being a massive fan of CM on the ZTE Blade I think it will be great on the G300!

Cheers

Ed

Guest tilal6991

I've already said I'll be working on cm9 as soon as I get the device at the end of the month. I'll be glad to have some extra hands though.

Guest FrankieADZ

I've already said I'll be working on cm9 as soon as I get the device at the end of the month. I'll be glad to have some extra hands though.

wish you could get it sooner ;)

I wouldnt mind any sort of CM mod tbf. :)

also just want Huawei to release ICS aswell :)

Guest WodgeFTW

I have started a threat

I'd head back over there and change it to "Thread."

Or are you telling them to do it or they'll wake up with the fishes?

:D

Guest FrankieADZ

I'd head back over there and change it to "Thread."

Or are you telling them to do it or they'll wake up with the fishes?

:D

i hope its the latter :ph34r: lol

Guest Frankish

wish you could get it sooner ;)

I wouldnt mind any sort of CM mod tbf. :)

also just want Huawei to release ICS aswell :)

If he got it sooner he still couldn't start developing for it. He has his gcses to do at the minute!

Guest FrankieADZ

If he got it sooner he still couldn't start developing for it. He has his gcses to do at the minute!

oh ok, didnt know that :).

as long as we get some CM love ;)

Guest EddyC01

Hi Tilal, yes I had seen your post somewhere earlier and can't wait; your ICS ROM for the Blade was great!

I am keen to see what kind of support / demand is around also. I hope people are keen for CM, rather than just banking on Huawei... and maybe we can give you a helping hand...

I'd head back over there and change it to "Thread." Or are you telling them to do it or they'll wake up with the fishes? :D

I was thinking of going with a horses head on the door step but they are becoming increasing harder to come by....

noted and changed thanks!

Guest Frankish
not sure that we need CM as available roms seem quite good

Yeah ive got vanilla ice cream in my freezer so no point in me buying mint choc chip...no wait screw that. Vanilla is ok. Mint choc chip is better!

Guest FrankieADZ

Yeah ive got vanilla ice cream in my freezer so no point in me buying mint choc chip...no wait screw that. Vanilla is ok. Mint choc chip is better!

you buy the Mint Choc Chip for me then :P

have to agree tho; better to have more choice than none at all. I was the same before i tried CM on the OSF...but it grew on me...with all the brilliant stuff that all the devs do.

just little thing...EG: taking camera pictures with the volume buttons.

Guest Frankish

Nope. Not sure anyone has even put the pressure on Huawei for it so we won't be seeing much in the way of CM any time soon ha ha.

I'd love to see it too as i want to see a nice optimised but overclockable kernel just for fun!

Edited by Frankish

Guest Sebastian404

I'd love to see it too as i want to see a nice optimised but overclockable kernel just for fun!

And I want to see Frankish's face when the plastic casing on his overclocked g300 melts :)

Guest Frankish

And I want to see Frankish's face when the plastic casing on his overclocked g300 melts :)

My GS2 never melted :P Or my Skate even though that only managed an extra 140mhz lol