MMS Issues on X's Ooberlite ROM

Guest RoyalDrew

Guest RoyalDrew

Since there's not many people on the i920 section of this forum anymore I felt posting on the main topic would get more responses than posting in X's Ooberlite ROM section.

Anyways.. I'm stuck with this phone for at least a little while longer and I'm planning to upgrade to the Galaxy S III!!

Until then I'm having an Issue with sending MMS messages. when I select "insert picture" either from the normal tmail threaded sms or the other text application that looks skinned(not sure what that is) It doesn't open any type of selection screen for me to choose a picture to insert. Are there any registry settings I should check? Do I need to install Jinbox, since i'm pretty sure it was ripped out of the ooberlite rom?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

Guest xlightwaverx
Since there's not many people on the i920 section of this forum anymore I felt posting on the main topic would get more responses than posting in X's Ooberlite ROM section.

Anyways.. I'm stuck with this phone for at least a little while longer and I'm planning to upgrade to the Galaxy S III!!

Until then I'm having an Issue with sending MMS messages. when I select "insert picture" either from the normal tmail threaded sms or the other text application that looks skinned(not sure what that is) It doesn't open any type of selection screen for me to choose a picture to insert. Are there any registry settings I should check? Do I need to install Jinbox, since i'm pretty sure it was ripped out of the ooberlite rom?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks.

You can try installing that if you want. I don't remember exactly what I took out but I am pretty sure I took out everything. I still use that phone as an alarm clock and since it's dying day all the features that I said worked did.

It was my daily driver.

X

Guest xlightwaverx

You can try installing that if you want. I don't remember exactly what I took out but I am pretty sure I took out everything. I still use that phone as an alarm clock and since it's dying day all the features that I said worked did.

It was my daily driver.

X

Actually take that back. I had the old unicel plan grandfathered over to verizon and with that I did not have multimedia messaging. I would suggest trying to install a jin box cab as all the samsung bloatware is removed.

X

Was this a quick enough response? :-)

Guest RoyalDrew

Actually yes! tyvm X!

I'll try that and let you know.

This has been my favorite ROM since you put it out btw.. thanks for your contributions to the i920!

*bows*

Guest RoyalDrew

hmm... I've tried installing 2 different jinbox cabs and still the same problem... I also formatted the ROM back to original state to make sure it wasn't something I messed up along the way.

Guest xlightwaverx
hmm... I've tried installing 2 different jinbox cabs and still the same problem... I also formatted the ROM back to original state to make sure it wasn't something I messed up along the way.

Okay now that I think about it both the MMS and the jinbox app called the samsung file manager. That was removed and I kept the default windows 1 installed. If you go on the 8000 thread you should be able to find a samsung file manager cab. Once that is installed your mms functionality should be restored.

I am at work until 6 am eastern standard time. I will check this thread on my breaks.

X

Guest tedkord

Hey, X - since you're here, do I remember you having a Rom that removed the phone radio, making the phone just a media player? I'm sure someone here did, but I can't find it.

I turned the i920 into a video/mp3 player for my 10 year old boy. I turned the radio off, but I'd like to not have the popup about the radio at boot.

Guest xlightwaverx
Hey, X - since you're here, do I remember you having a Rom that removed the phone radio, making the phone just a media player? I'm sure someone here did, but I can't find it.

I turned the i920 into a video/mp3 player for my 10 year old boy. I turned the radio off, but I'd like to not have the popup about the radio at boot.

Can't you just leave it in airplane mode? That way when it boots it won't start the radio.

Just an idea.

X

Guest tedkord

Can't you just leave it in airplane mode? That way when it boots it won't start the radio.

Just an idea.

X

Yeah, I do. But on boot a popup comes saying the radio is off, do you want to turn it on. I was just trying to get rid of that.

I can swear I remember someone here had a Rom designed to be just a media player with no phone function, but I can't find it.

Guest xlightwaverx

Yeah, I do. But on boot a popup comes saying the radio is off, do you want to turn it on. I was just trying to get rid of that.

I can swear I remember someone here had a Rom designed to be just a media player with no phone function, but I can't find it.

IF you find my kitchen you will have your filemanager. I dont know if it is still on my FTP.

X