Ir1 IMM76I - Samsung Galaxy Nexus Stock ROM DUO [Deodexed-Updated-Optimised]

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Sn0warmy

I'm definitely being patient. The reality is that this ROM is still (by far) the most stable/reliable ROM currently available for the Galaxy nexus. I tried switching back to Romanbb's AOKP build for the features and it just didn't cut it in the stability/battery life department. Slim-ICS had similar issues.

Even without all the updates this ROM is still the best IMO. I need to remind myself that the kitchen is just an additional perk.

Edited by Sn0warmy

Guest Brembo109

Yes that's true. The only thing I'm missing in this rom are the energy toggles in the notification bar. And I don't like widgetsoid or another app. I will give it a try when the kitchen is up :-)

Guest comicbookguy

I miss the menu key options and the stock battery %. Stock would he unusable now without NovaLauncher!

Edited by comicbookguy

Guest comicbookguy

I don't understand really, normally the kitchens are up before the prebakes. I tried the prebake and just didn't like it far too bland. Maybe the kitchen should be up?

Surely there are lots of changes required to properly integrate the mcr mods into a new base. I'd rather have it done flawlessly than quickly. Plus Paul has other projects to work on

Guest Brembo109

I´m testing this rom till yesterday evening and im very impressed. it´s very fast, stable and batterielife is awesome. i will stay on this rom for a while to test the everyday performance. the only dislike, in my opinion, are the missing toggles (i´m coming from CM9), but i will handle it :-). i think this will get my new favorite when the kitchen is up and i can throw all the crap out i dont want to have preinstalled.

p.s.: no bugs, FC´s, laggyness found in the first 24 hours of testing.

Guest kptnk

I´m testing this rom till yesterday evening and im very impressed. it´s very fast, stable and batterielife is awesome. i will stay on this rom for a while to test the everyday performance. the only dislike, in my opinion, are the missing toggles (i´m coming from CM9), but i will handle it :-). i think this will get my new favorite when the kitchen is up and i can throw all the crap out i dont want to have preinstalled.

p.s.: no bugs, FC´s, laggyness found in the first 24 hours of testing.

I agree, this rom is really well optimized : very stable, very fast, battery friendly. One thing though is the absence of features...however i've found a battery mod which works well, that's a start....

So of course, i'm waiting too for the kitchen....anyway thank you Paul, and if you want to do as you twitted and update the rom this week, well you have tonight and tomorrow left ;)

Guest kptnk

**cough**cough**hum, i can't wait anymore, update should have arrived last week...i know the rule N° 1 : never ask for an ETA, yeah, but i'll go flash elsewhere....anyway thank you Paul for your great work, i'll come back when the kitchen will be available, bye !

Guest Sn0warmy

Wow... How is the kitchen still not up for this ROM? It's one thing to tell people not to ask for updates but it's quite another to promise an update and not deliver within the specified time period. I am now quite convinced that I paid for a membership for nothing that isn't already provided elsewhere, free of charge.

Edited by Sn0warmy

Guest Brembo109

Wow... How is the kitchen still not up for this ROM? It's one thing to tell people not to ask for updates but it's quite another to promise an update and not deliver within the specified time period. I am now quite convinced that I paid for a membership for nothing that isn't already provided elsewhere, free of charge.

Sad but totally correct

Guest jmagee

I'm just a bit surprised that the kitchen wasn't up first. That tends to be how it works. The kitchen gets the changes then the prebakes are made. I can only assume something else has come up but as I have been having system.ui issues since late IR11 I've just had enough of waiting now. Paul has tried to offer fixes but none have worked in the slightest and I was hoping this ROM would fix all that. Trying AOKP again as I really liked it previously and now it has been updated so is newer than my curret MCR build. Flashing custom ROMs for me is all about having the latest software and great tweaks after all.

The saddest thing for me is that Paul doesn't even seem to be checking this thread anymore :-(

Guest mniewiera

Sad but totally correct

I´m also waiting for the kitchen. I try to be patient, but its not always that easy :-)

It´s always the same with paul. He promises an update, but then he gets a new device.

I´m still waiting for the promised Desire Update or the one for the Galaxy Tab or the Nexus S.

But complaining changes nothing, so i wait, and we will see if i renew my membership for the third time.

Guest Paulo Nobrega

Yep... Also was waiting on that update for my Desire.. Loll. I gave up waiting...

I get it that Paul is only one, many devices... I know no updates are promissed... Still the lack of kitchen here a the lack of communication on the thread of the top Google device is hard to understand..

Shouldn't be so "difficult" for Paul to at least say something on this device thread. After all the gnexus is not that old device..

probably is going to be one of the first to get 5.0.

Guest hsmade

I suggest trying the liquidsmooth 1.4 ROM with franco's kernel. I have great battery performance, no issues and it responds promptly to whatever I do.

(And they seem to continue development :P )

For me, Pauls ROM ends here.. too bad he doesn't automate this better so he can in fact keep up with multiple devices. If only it were to patch new google releases.

Guest nmesisca

Can't believe he wouldnt even comment on this thread anymore.

Sorry to say but I'm glad I never bought a subscription..

Guest Brembo109
Anybody tried Cyanogen 9? Is it good enough?

I'm using it since 1 Month or so, and like it more than AOKP. It's not so kiddylike :-). With Francos Kernel M4 or R160 it works great

Guest stephenball1

Does anyone know of a ROM that Trackball Alert works on? That is the main reason I'm using Paul's ROMs right now.