• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts
I want to update to the new B885 rom but my phone is rooted. Will i lose root and have to install it again? Also, if i do lose my root, can i install it using the same method as before even though the phone has been updated/fixed? I used Paul's method for the root.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:kumquat, grouper
  • Twitter:@dragpyre

I want to update to the new B885 rom but my phone is rooted. Will i lose root and have to install it again? Also, if i do lose my root, can i install it using the same method as before even though the phone has been updated/fixed? I used Paul's method for the root.

I would imagine you would with the official update, however, yes, it has been confirmed that Paul's method still works.

Posted Image

If you like one of my posts, or if it helps you out, vote it up! :)

(now updated device list and added twitter. Come stalk me ;) )

kyan31

kyan31

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,885 posts

I would imagine you would with the official update, however, yes, it has been confirmed that Paul's method still works.

Thanks for the reply, Though i can confirm that you don't lose root. Its not really an update, i an extension on the OS so everything is still the same except the fix.

e2199c4dbb.png823c51b6b0.pngc3f6e04cdb.pngbc36a18046.pngead60d1912.pnge46a22ae54.png

Phones: Samsung Galaxy S4 Qualcomm & Huawei Ascend G300

PC: AMD FX 8350 8 CORE 4.2Ghz CPU, 16GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX RAM, Gigabyte R9 270X Winforce Edition GPU

Like my work? Hit that +1 button as a thank you! Want to support me? You could consider donating!  :)

Subscribe to my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/thekyan31

dragpyre

dragpyre

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
  • Devices:kumquat, grouper
  • Twitter:@dragpyre

Thanks for the reply, Though i can confirm that you don't lose root. Its not really an update, i an extension on the OS so everything is still the same except the fix.

Ahh right, I have B888, so it is no issue for me :)

Posted Image

If you like one of my posts, or if it helps you out, vote it up! :)

(now updated device list and added twitter. Come stalk me ;) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users