Terrible Battery Life/Wakelock

Guest Bouncer5

Guest Bouncer5

Just a heads up, I had the phone one me today, and no once was my screen on. Beyond checking it had charged this morning. 9 Hours later the battery was flat dead. Checking battery usage for some odd reason, The phone did not go to sleep at all, and was awake the full 9 hours, Hence is death. Running B885.

Anyone else had said issues?

Guest Chrisund123

I've had it happen to me once or twice on other phones. If I notice it happen a reset has turned it back to normal.

Guest FrankieADZ

Just a heads up, I had the phone one me today, and no once was my screen on. Beyond checking it had charged this morning. 9 Hours later the battery was flat dead. Checking battery usage for some odd reason, The phone did not go to sleep at all, and was awake the full 9 hours, Hence is death. Running B885.

Anyone else had said issues?

nope, tho im running B888, i left my phone on all night(on standby if thats what its called) and stayed on the same %

Edited by FrankieADZ

You have an app keeping your phone from sleeping,its no heads up for anyone else,unless of course someone else has this and does not know why.

There are apps on market to show you what is keeping your device awake.There is BetteBatteryStats and CPU spy,probably more but that's off the top of my head.

edit: I think only BetterBatteryStats will show what's causing problem,but CPU spy will give you details of sleep/no. sleep.

Edited by Guest

Guest goodfella123

I checked battery use and found google maps was top with 42%.

I've forced that app to stop, but i'm thinking it could be a setting that says something like 'allow google to receive data' (not sure of exact wording), but can't for the life of me find where that is to change it.

I think last time i saw it was when initially adding a gmail account.

Any ideas?

Guest Davidoff59

goodfella, its probably the privacy and security section or the backup section.

Or if you are rooted, use Lbe Privacy to revoke permissions

Google Maps,no suprise there.

You would think google apps would be android friendly,but they love to wake up on you.

I use rom toolbox pro to freeze a lot of apps,google maps being one of them.Rom toolbox pro also has startup manager that works well:

https://play.google....29sYm94cHJvIl0.

Edited by Guest

Guest dragpyre

Mine lasted 3 days with no charge on B888.

What I do, is I stop non essential services and apps from starting on boot or by themselves by using the Startup Manager of ES Task Manager. That and ES File Explorer are incredibly useful apps. You will need root for the Startup manager though.

you are the only person besides myself that I have ever seen mentioning Rom Toolbox

Awesome app,I just had to pay for it to support the dev in his amazing work.Worth every penny!

Guest Chazmeister

I've had no problems with the out of the box Vodafone build regarding battery life, but after upgrading it to the B888 firmware my battery life has nose dived. A full charge will not even last 24 hours now.

I went through all the settings last night and unchecked any of the background data stuff. Although I don't actually use a mobile data connection anyway, just the wireless through my home router, and I only switch that on and off when I need to use it.

I'll see how it holds up today with the settings alterations I made last night.

Guest Chazmeister

Turning off the background data syncing and the google data backup, seems to have cured my battery problems. I'm frankly amazed they used so much power, especially considering I have my phone locked onto a 2G network, you wouldn't think they'd work at all.