please i need help

Guest alphadavid99

Guest alphadavid99

My tmobile vivacity is not booting

it just vibrates

flashes red

then turns off again

This started when i tried to unlock it then at 98% my laptop turned off please help

Guest floatingcloud

Hi,

i suggest you can have a try with ZTE update tool. you can log in their official website zte.com.cn, and you can find the software under technical support.

I hope it can help you solve your problem.

enjoy your use. :)

Guest fr0do

Sounds like your phone battery is dead.

Can you get it to do anything if you hold down Vol - and then power it on? It has to be disconnected from USB for that.

If you can get to FTM mode (The screen will display a white square with 'FTM' written in the middle) then you can restore it using the ZTE tool mentioned above. 'cn' is a specific country link though. Here's the direct link to the UK page: http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zteuk.co.uk%2Fdevice%2F201204%2Ft20120417_12407.html&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHSlBiPVcsLvYcL4fg3qDWu7JlfqA

If ClockworkMod appears on your phone screen, I think you're good to proceed with installing a ROM.

Unlocking on a Laptop on battery - hmm... another gotcha ;)

Guest alphadavid99

I left it charging but it just keeps on vibrating flashing red then off then vibrates flashes red the off

and no i cant get into ftm

ill get a charged up battery and see if it works thanks for replying

Guest alphadavid99

Yh i left it for a whole day

i charged it for a whole day

I used most guides and they all tell me the same thing that hasnt worked

Edited by alphadavid99

Guest alphadavid99

Someone had kind of the same problem

he then said that he forced flashed it

and it worked for him so how do i force flash

does anyone know

Guest fr0do

Without USB connected, You have to hold down volume down (-) and at the same time press and hold the power button until the phone vibrates.

Then you will see if the phone goes into FTM or CWM, or something else. What does your phone now do?

Edited by fr0do

Guest alphadavid99

I know how to get into ftm but my phone when i try to get into ftm or turn it on it vibrates then red led flash and green droid comes up then turns off again this all lasts about 3 seconds

Guest fr0do

Ok that wasn't clear from your last post. So your phone is stuck in a reboot loop. Have you taken the battery out with USB disconnected for long enough for the phone to reset itself?

Unfortunate that the last person with the issue dissapeared without explaining the fix :(

Guest alphadavid99

I will try that now and leave it for a day i will get back to you tommorow thank very much

i just joined today and already im getting so much help and advice thanks alot

Guest alphadavid99

Although i dont think it is on a reboot loop because after i turn it on it just turns back off again

it only reboots when its on charge

i think that because my laptop turned off while i was using the tmv unlock tool at 98% it hasnt got an os to boot into

but im not an expert so as much help as possible would be greatly appreciated and thanks again.

Guest fr0do

You only need to remove all power for a minute.

I'm sure the fault was caused by crashing mid operation. Your task is to interrupt the boot so that you can get it to do something useful.

That's beyond my understanding just yet so I'll let someone else take over.

Good luck.

Edited by fr0do

Guest irishpancake
alphadavid99 confirmed that he used step 5 from this link. If he used the files from the link he may have trashed his phone as they were for the BLADE and not the CRESCENT. I think our files here can be substituted.

I flashed CWM with Amphoras Recovery 5.0.2.7 TPT for TMV alternative method.....

it was quick and easy.....but, I think it required Stock Partition sizes, as it only flashed the Recovery Partition!!!

Like, that Blade 1 brick recovery....

"Method 5: The dodgy ZTE firmware flasher".....

does some pretty radical stuff. like writing CWN to Boot Partition and then moving it again to Recovery Partition also losing IMEI and needing to hex edit to get it back!!!!

So, I don't know, but would love to be able to help

Guest alphadavid99

I didnt use the blade files i just used the flasher because then i could only get into download mode

and the flasher could flash files when in download mode

i flashed the tmv unlock .zip files

Guest alphadavid99

Ive got a theory

when i used the tmv unlock files to flash my phone it only flashes recovery and all the other img files are like 5kb

what if i convert a system folder to an .iso then to an .img would it flash the system to the phone

i just tried it now but everything went fine until 90% and then it said fail

my phone still can only access ftm and download mode