supersu

Guest zula44

Guest zula44

installed supersu no probs but under setting in supersu do i do a full unroot to delete some of the voda stuff?i have installed the patch through wifi to fix the speaker problem.this is a stock voda rom.I am used to dboxes modems ect but just though i would ask incase ill brick the phone.

thanks andy

Guest FrankieADZ

installed supersu no probs but under setting in supersu do i do a full unroot to delete some of the voda stuff?i have installed the patch through wifi to fix the speaker problem.this is a stock voda rom.I am used to dboxes modems ect but just though i would ask incase ill brick the phone.

thanks andy

u need a root uninstaller to get rid of the Vodafone stuff...or something like that,

Guest zula44

Thanks done a little more reading and i understand now.My phone is rooted and just need apps to change stuff i want or install cwd to change roms ect.Big thanks to paul supersu tutorial AAA+

I am getting there great fourm

Guest dancg

uhm... so if I want to stay with the official 885, how do I uninstall the Vodafone apps once rooted? How can I identify the ones that are not really required?

Guest zula44

uhm... so if I want to stay with the official 885, how do I uninstall the Vodafone apps once rooted? How can I identify the ones that are not really required?

no just moving slow, learning, not leaping before i look . also put titanium on it only had i for 4 hours

thanks for the input

Edited by zula44

Guest Davidoff59

Game demos, twitter, Facebook, can be removed if required.

There may also be language packs that aren't needed. I deleted about 15 language apks on B888.

There are also 3 or 4 vodafone apps that can be removed as they don't work without a vodafone sim.

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

I uninstalled all the game trials, Vodafone Discover, Update, Qype, Talk. Even google maps I uninstalled as it's running in the background and only eating up battery.

Now everything is running well. I removed Twitter, Facebook, etc. I am with official B885 Vodafone ROM.

With Root Uninstaller which is free. Don't uninstall Online Upgrage then you won't be able to update your phone if new update comes. Make a back-up of the apk data in case they're needed. All of them will lbe backed-up to a folder called Root Uninstaller. You can then transfer it to your PC and then remove it from your phone.

@OP: Making a full unroot to the SuperSU thing will simply unroot your phone to get rid of the icon, as if you didn't root in the first place. Meaning you'll have to root the phone again if you fully unroot. Unrooting has nothing to do with deleting vodafone bloatware. In fact you won't be able to delete the vodafone bloatwares if you make a full unroot.

Guest zula44

I uninstalled all the game trials, Vodafone Discover, Update, Qype, Talk. Even google maps I uninstalled as it's running in the background and only eating up battery.

Now everything is running well. I removed Twitter, Facebook, etc. I am with official B885 Vodafone ROM.

With Root Uninstaller which is free. Don't uninstall Online Upgrage then you won't be able to update your phone if new update comes. Make a back-up of the apk data in case they're needed. All of them will lbe backed-up to a folder called Root Uninstaller. You can then transfer it to your PC and then remove it from your phone.

@OP: Making a full unroot to the SuperSU thing will simply unroot your phone to get rid of the icon, as if you didn't root in the first place. Meaning you'll have to root the phone again if you fully unroot. Unrooting has nothing to do with deleting vodafone bloatware. In fact you won't be able to delete the vodafone bloatwares if you make a full unroot.

thanks pal

1 question trying to uninstall some stuff say no apk found?

thanks andy

Guest Davidoff59

Are you using Titanium backup to remove? If so, try another root uninstaller. I use Rom Toolbox by J Rummy. Beware there are 2 apps called Rom Toolbox now in the market.

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

thanks pal

1 question trying to uninstall some stuff say no apk found?

thanks andy

This is normal. Once you uninstall it will be removed. :) It's only listed under the Root Uninstaller as a trace. But it's been uninstalled. I recommend you back up the .apks. They will be in a folder called Root Uninstaller in your SD card. After you go to the Mobile Apps menu, you'll notice that all these games, etc icons have been erased and are no longer there. In fact there will be a gap of empty spaces after that, which you should simply fill up. :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Davidoff59

no you won't.You will still have CM9 but have no root access.

You will need to flash B882 or B885 vodafone rom if in the UK or whatever stock rom your provider gave you in any other country.