Kernel Experiment - 4.0 updated 2012.05.28

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

con73

con73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

4.0 667mhz-166mhz-160mb-24bpp Wi-Fi not work/ GSM work.
ipaq3870 How do wifi ??

ipaq3870 +++ for work. for the development of core

Check the type of security on the router wifi. Sometimes, the more secure wifi does not catch. Check out another wifi access point.

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

hi ipaq after i followed the kexec instructions the phone hangs every time i choose reboot , any ideas??

Check steps 7 - 8 again.

4.0 667mhz-166mhz-160mb-24bpp Wi-Fi not work/ GSM work.
ipaq3870 How do wifi ??

See if the first 2 points in the Troubleshooting section of this post helps? If necessary, reinstall from scratch may help according to various members who did that successfully.

How to correct the accuracy of touch? In the upper left corner point shift to the right. TheWinMo is correct, also the old version cm2 was about my version is @ ipaq667/166/160/24 with all the changes.
The second issue concerns the GPS. I do not get the position.

Touch? IIRC, I didn't touch the touch part of the kernel, i.e. the touch screen driver. Did you try any prior version(s) of my kernel and encounter this issue? As far as I know, there are calibration data hardcoded in s3c-ts.c. You may want to take a look at it.

As for GPS, I think I didn't touch that as well, and the problem seems stemmed back at least from at least cm b2. I guess you can find your answer in the stopped b2 thread. I have the feeling that it's an Android build problem though I didn't really look at it.

ipaq3870@madaco ~~~ Kernel Experiment for Omnia II ~~~ Offline until July

zappazz

zappazz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

These are shell programming commands - be very careful about the quotes:
Double quote --> " (?123 key then c)
Back quote --> ` (?123 key then ALT key then 2)

You pasted the command correctly in this post but apparently not in the command terminal. There are non-breaking double quote-back quote or back quote-double quote sequences. And there's no dot between getprop and haret.kernel as well.

Also remember to unplug USB before trying.

Assuming that, in terminal, quotes are obtained in these way:

' typing [?123 then c]
" typing [?123 then x]
` typing [?123 then ALT then 2]

I tryed:

1)kexec --command-line=''cat /proc/cmdline'' -l ''getprop haret.kernel''
kexec --command-line=[?123 then c][?123 then c]cat /proc/cmdline[?123 then c][?123 then c] -l [?123 then c][?123 then c]getprop haret.kernel[?123 then c][?123 then c]
Result:
It seems to work, no error on terminal.
But when i use the successive commands synk[enter] kexec -e[enter], system hangs (I need to remove battery)

2)kexec --command-line="cat /proc/cmdline" -l "getprop haret.kernel"
kexec --command-line=[?123 then x]cat /proc/cmdline[?123 then x] -l [?123 then x]getprop haret.kernel[?123 then x]
Result:
Cannot open `getprop haret.kernel': No such file or directory

3)kexec --command-line="`cat /proc/cmdline`" -l "`getprop haret.kernel`"
kexec --command-line=[?123 then x][?123 then ALT then 2]cat /proc/cmdline[?123 then ALT then 2][?123 then x] -l [?123 then x][?123 then ALT then 2]getprop haret.kernel[?123 then ALT then 2][?123 then x]
Result:
Cannot open `': No such file or directory

4)kexec --command-line=''`cat /proc/cmdline`'' -l ''`getprop haret.kernel`''
kexec --command-line=[?123 then c][?123 then c][?123 then ALT then 2]cat /proc/cmdline[?123 then ALT then 2][?123 then c][?123 then c] -l [?123 then c][?123 then c][?123 then ALT then 2]getprop haret.kernel[?123 then ALT then 2][?123 then c][?123 then c]
Result:
Cannot open `root=/dev/mmcblk1p2': No such file or directory

(root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 is the partition written into my startup.txt)

Thanks.

XZTence

XZTence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Wifi don't work for me, and also I can't seem to lock the screen.

DimonAK

DimonAK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ipaq3870.I reinstalled the assembly with the kernel 4.0 with 160 MB of memory. WiFi has started) cheers! thank you.

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I tryed:
-- 4 trials snipped --

I applaud your persistence. But you still must have typed something wrong. Typing serious commands in terminal is really a challenge and a PITA, I know. I attach the script so that you don't have to type.

1. Download the ke.txt
2. Rename it to ke (without the extension)
3. Put it in say /ke of your phone
4. Do a "chmod +x /ke"
5. Run "su"
6. Disconnect USB
7. Run "/ke"

See if this works.

Attached Files

• Attached File  ke.txt   102bytes   45 downloads

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Wifi don't work for me, and also I can't seem to lock the screen.

Again, see the first 2 points in the Troubleshooting post (2nd post of this thread).

ipaq3870.I reinstalled the assembly with the kernel 4.0 with 160 MB of memory. WiFi has started) cheers! thank you.

Good to know! What exactly you have done to make Wifi work? Did you reinstall the whole OS via the beta2 installer, or just the kernel part? What other things you have done? Perhaps these are useful info for others.

DimonAK

DimonAK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I reinstalled just the kernel part (modules and kernel replace again) on your instructions (manual) )) only white squares in the games

Edited by DimonAK, 30 May 2012 - 05:36 PM.

lotuxete

lotuxete

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch
I have now some issues with angry birds rio textures. Any idea?

louis xv

louis xv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
it worked thanks, foremerly i didn't reboot :-p

zappazz

zappazz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

I applaud your persistence. But you still must have typed something wrong. Typing serious commands in terminal is really a challenge and a PITA, I know. I attach the script so that you don't have to type.

1. Download the ke.txt
2. Rename it to ke (without the extension)
3. Put it in say /ke of your phone
4. Do a "chmod +x /ke"
5. Run "su"
6. Disconnect USB
7. Run "/ke"

See if this works.

I used a .sh file to test the 4 situation ;-)

I executed exactly your instruction and the result is:
Nothing has been loaded!

Ready for further testing :-)

ErcanPolat

ErcanPolat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000
Ver 4.0 667-166 Mhz 24 bpp 160 MB. It is working. Thanks ipaq. (But first try didn't work. I copied 4.0 kernel and modules over 3.0. No signal and wifi. So I reinstalled android and copied ver 4.0 now working. )

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I reinstalled just the kernel part (modules and kernel replace again) on your instructions (manual) )) only white squares in the games

I have now some issues with angry birds rio textures. Any idea?

See Caveat section - it's by design ™: sacrifice your video memory for something else. :D Choose a build with less free memory (mean more memory for video) helps.

Nothing has been loaded!

That means the command "getprop haret.kernel" return nothing. Check step 2 again. Note the setprop line must be placed before the line that reads "class_start default".

Ver 4.0 667-166 Mhz 24 bpp 160 MB. It is working. Thanks ipaq. (But first try didn't work. I copied 4.0 kernel and modules over 3.0. No signal and wifi. So I reinstalled android and copied ver 4.0 now working. )

It still baffles me as to why an Andriod reinstallation would work. It's not uncommon for me to switch kernels and modules 20-30 times a day if I am doing development, and still yet to encounter any gsm/wifi problems like you guys described. Anyway, good to know it works for you.

ErcanPolat

ErcanPolat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000

It still baffles me as to why an Andriod reinstallation would work. It's not uncommon for me to switch kernels and modules 20-30 times a day if I am doing development, and still yet to encounter any gsm/wifi problems like you guys described. Anyway, good to know it works for you.

Is there a cache mechanism on Android. Maybe while booting up some values written somewhere

zappazz

zappazz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

That means the command "getprop haret.kernel" return nothing. Check step 2 again. Note the setprop line must be placed before the line that reads "class_start default".

You find the solution (set prop was last line in miy init.rc, my mistake).
I saw you already modified main post, specifying setprop position.
Happy re-boot to everyone :-)

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Is there a cache mechanism on Android. Maybe while booting up some values written somewhere

If there's anything to save across reboots, it's usually in the config files. That's why I was asking you all to try point 4 of this post - to reset the config file. But somehow none of you tried - or at least none reported trying. Hmmm...

You find the solution (set prop was last line in miy init.rc, my mistake).
I saw you already modified main post, specifying setprop position.
Happy re-boot to everyone :-)

Finally someone succeeded. Nice.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ipaq3870 hello, hard, I use 4.0 kernel and module, the second, the third and all have flash screen phenomenon, only the first won't appear flash screen. Excuse me, is how to return a responsibility? Like crash phenomenon than 3.0 times more!!!

Chelonian

Chelonian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I8000L
Hey guys, I have a quick question. Sry beforehand if this has been asked before but I searched this thread and wasn't able to find the answer.

How do I install this new version? Is it just downloading and installing the latest update from the "official" site (http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php) and then just following the instructions on the first post of this thread?

Thanks much!

rom_omnia2

rom_omnia2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Hey guys, I have a quick question. Sry beforehand if this has been asked before but I searched this thread and wasn't able to find the answer.

How do I install this new version? Is it just downloading and installing the latest update from the "official" site (http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php) and then just following the instructions on the first post of this thread?

Thanks much!

Isnt a "new version", it's the same system/version with a new TEST kernel that bring fixes and improvements, make sure you are aware of this quote right there on the first page:

Please note these are not for beginners and would require some knowledge and skills to properly set it up. More importantly, although unlikely, it may brick your phone and render it completely wasted. It comes with absolutely no guarantee and no warranty whatsoever. I am not responsible for any damages done. For those who is willing to take the risk, proceed below.

Anyway, install instructions is also on the first post of this topic. It's like you said, try it and then post where you are stuck so we can help you.

Edited by rom_omnia2, 31 May 2012 - 11:08 PM.

Chelonian

Chelonian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I8000L
Dude, don't want to sound harsh but if I havent read the whole thread I wouldn't be posting the question I made... The first post doesn't say anything about downloading and installing the "original" CM2 beta from the site I mention and THEN following the instructions. Or if I need to install the original CM2 beta plus all the other updates made to it and mixed in the old thread and THEN follow the instructions to install this.

That's all I want to know, so instead of trying to lecture me I would really appreciate a simple and clear response to the question.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users