Reverb effect on music since installation of B888

Guest ManOfSteal

Guest ManOfSteal

Using both the built-in player and MixZing, there's now a pronounced reverb effect during music playback, which can't be disabled. I haven't altered audio settings since I changed ROM and am not using any EQ software beyond what's available in MixZing (no reverb there). Anyone else have this problem or have I missed something obvious?

Guest ManOfSteal

Thanks for the reply, yes it does. Can't say I'd even heard of this 'feature' and have no recollection of enabling it.

Guest Davidoff59

So is it switched off now and there is no longer a reverb? I imagine it sounds for Dolby Theatre Sound but will look it up as its new to me also.

Guest kn100

Kinda sad, my old Monte Carlo was unbelievably loud after you rung someone, was great for listening to music, but this phones headphones output is kinda quiet :(

Guest ManOfSteal

> So is it switched off now and there is no longer a reverb?

Yes. I've heard of DTS in connection with surround sound on DVDs but can't quite see the point of it here. Sounds to me like sounds in the centre of the stereo mix get the reverb, whereas those outside don't (or have a lower level of reverb).

> It's enabled by default in B888.

Thanks for confirming that, perhaps Paul would like to correct it in his versions.

Guest vinnyjones

This mode is:

DTS Envelo™

DTS Envelo is a virtual surround sound solution for consumer

electronics. It can create virtual surround sound from any input

source: mono, stereo, or 5.1 multi-channel.

Personally I have to agree, I don't think this is particularly good, it creates quite a fake surround sound effect..

I prefer SRS (a much more natural sound) which I installed to my huawei using the following file:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=946293&d=1331702446

Once you've installed it you can enable SRS from poweramp.. This along with a pair of Soundmagic E10's is sweet combination :-)

Edited by vinnyjones