Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1189 replies to this topic

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7
Going to hang my head now in embarrassment.......

Not sure why but on a wiped fresh install of your 1.3 ROM I installed the Greenpower app after creating my Google account and setup the market and it worked.!

I would like to say why it worked, perhaps more important is to why it did not work before. That I can't answer, if it was due to an error that I was doing, not sure how as I have used either Juice Defender or Greenpower for quite a while now, then I would note it here.
Next I need to get hold of my wife's phone as she is using the timeriffic application. Albeit that it failed to work last time I will try it again but I'm at a lost with understanding what I write in that it is not being consistent.

Thanks very much with your testing and with the modifications you have done with that Go Launcher EX I will go back to that one :)

Do you happen to use the Go SMS Pro for your text messages...? Just wondering if you did do you need to do any "magic" wizardry on that to optimise its use, as you did with the launcher..?

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
Normally I either use the stock client or Pansi SMS. Am I to guess that Go SMS has adverts in it?

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

thoronx

thoronx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
no doubt, the best ROM ! Excellent battery life, fast, smooth, very stable, overclockable, I am running My Skate on 1038MHz for almost a week without any lockup or spontanous reboot, nice work H3ROS ... gratz !

jlcb78

jlcb78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Acer Iconia A100
  • Twitter:@@jlcb78
Hi H3ROS, this is my first post in here and first of all I would like to say thank you and congratulations for your great work with this ROM.

I am still using 1.2 version and is working fine for me. I would like to comment some issues I have seen and could be solved for next updates (maybe they are not so important, but at least they worked with the original ROM):

-During a phone call, you cannot scroll down the notifications bar to see for example if you have just received a new text message or whatsapp. You need to end the phone call and then see what you have.

-You cannot select a ringtone for a specific contact (my wife for example). The only option given is to put that ringtone for all the calls.

Excuse anyway my english and I hope this will be useful to improve that excellent ROM. Thanks in advance!

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
@ thoronx
Thank you :)

@ jlcb78
Do you mean you can't access the notification bar or that if you've got notifications listed and you can't scroll through them? I would bet that if you simply can't scroll through a list that it's due to the swipe notifications mod. I'll look into it once you confirm.

As for your second issue, I've answered it before here #5 :)

Edited by H3ROS, 14 June 2012 - 03:40 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

jlcb78

jlcb78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

@ jlcb78
Do you mean you can't access the notification bar or that if you've got notifications listed and you can't scroll through them? I would bet that if you simply can't scroll through a list that it's due to the swipe notifications mod. I'll look into it once you confirm.

Thank you for your answer. I can see the notification bar but I cannot scroll down to see for example who sent me the whatsup or what's the message text about. I remember I made it with the original rom.

jlcb78

jlcb78

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

As for your second issue, I've answered it before here #5

I can see that option, but I can use only phone ringtones, I cannot use for example a mp3 file from sd card. Normally from the mp3 file if you press on it one of the options is something like "Use as contact ringtone".This is what I mean, sorry.

Edited by jlcb78, 14 June 2012 - 08:53 PM.

razhas

razhas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
I face one problem with this rom. If I have kept the WIFI on and the phone goes to sleep, then i have to press the power button several times to wake it up.Also the same problem with Atomicmod

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
You should only have to press it once and then wait at least 5 seconds. The phones in deep sleep and is sometimes a little slow to wake up.

I will update this ROM in a week or two if all goes well. Currently I've received an Xperia Mini which is an awesome little phone and outperforms the Skate in just about every way, apart from the screen size. The battery is better, the camera is better, its much faster, it has ICS officially and it's ARMv7 so I can run applications such as Chrome, Firefox and Temple Run without modifying anything. The Skate is very laggy in comparison. However, I'm giving it to my girlfriend once I'm done creating a ROM for it and I'll look into getting something like a ZTE Mimosa X later in the year.

Edited by H3ROS, 17 June 2012 - 06:07 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

razhas

razhas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

You should only have to press it once and then wait at least 5 seconds. The phones in deep sleep and is sometimes a little slow to wake up.

But why does it happen only when WIFI is enabled, when wifi is switched off, there is no delay

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
If I had to guess I would say it's casued by applications using the wake event to check for new messages, updates or syncing information. This all depends on what applications you have installed though and if any of your applications are linked to the SD card.

I use WiFI all of the time on my OMC and I don't notice any delay that causes me to press the button a few times.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

razhas

razhas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

If I had to guess I would say it's casued by applications using the wake event to check for new messages, updates or syncing information. This all depends on what applications you have installed though and if any of your applications are linked to the SD card.

I use WiFI all of the time on my OMC and I don't notice any delay that causes me to press the button a few times.

All my downloaded applications are linked to the SD card, I particularly find this problem when Viber and Whatsapp are running in WIFI. I tried the same thing in stock rom but no problem in that rom.

ErCordobes

ErCordobes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hello H3ROS. Me and some friends have a problem. When connecting the Bluetooth in the car, after 2 seconds the phone is turned off and only turn on if you remove the battery and put back. It always happens, but if it happens normally.

How can we fix it? Thank you.

Edited by ErCordobes, 20 June 2012 - 09:32 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
@ razhas
It could be the delay with all of them applications. Personally I don't use any linking at all.

@ ErCordobes
So with bluetooth activated to the car it simply shuts the phone off? Weird. Does it do the same thing with AtomICS or not?

I don't have a car with bluetooth so I'm not sure what usually happens when you sync it to a car. Like does it pass your calls through the speakers or does it simply have access to your music collection?

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

ErCordobes

ErCordobes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

@ razhas
It could be the delay with all of them applications. Personally I don't use any linking at all.

@ ErCordobes
So with bluetooth activated to the car it simply shuts the phone off? Weird. Does it do the same thing with AtomICS or not?

I don't have a car with bluetooth so I'm not sure what usually happens when you sync it to a car. Like does it pass your calls through the speakers or does it simply have access to your music collection?

In Atomic I have not tested. Now, I'm testing skatiw with kernel S3, and does not pass. With the stock rom not with me.

What makes the phone is to access this call, nothing more.

Thank you very much!

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
SKatie "does not pass", so it has the same problem?

I'm trying to think of a way I can emulate this to find out if it's a permission issue or something. Maybe it'd work with a TomTom, I'll have a try later.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Could it be Bluetooth protocols not working/ incompatible?

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
If it was I wouldn't expect it to switch off the phone. And I know bluetooth file transfers work fine so I'm thinking it could be an APK permission triggered when an audio check of some kind is performed due to Dolby or the dialler (since the dialler isn't stock).

AtomICS, not to be confused with AtomicMod, has a different dialler to this and it doesn't have any of the major framework changes either so I'll be testing that if H3B has problems with the TomTom.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

Smash41

Smash41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Advent Vega
How close to v1.4 are you?
Want to switch to this ROM but will wait if it's close.
Don't wanna wipe/re-build apps etc to be doing it again in a month or so.

Great job on the ROM BTW, looks superb.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
Honestly, in the last few days I've made no progress as I've been so busy. But the updated version will include the patches from the first post, an updated equalizer (if I wait for it to be released) and if I can fix it, the bluetooth "car connected" crash. I believe there's also some notifications scrolling issue, but I'm not sure if that's the intended behaviour for swipe notifications.

You could use the current version of the ROM and apply the patches. When I'm ready I'll then release a patch to get you up to v1.4 without having to format.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users