[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest TouchyAndalou
if it had ics, or jelly bean, i would use it

If it had ICS or Jelly Bean it'd have all the same problems as the existing ICS/JB Skate ROMS, so what'd be the point? Tilal's already got ICS and JB working as good as they're going to on our Skates.

Guest mi nombre

If it had ICS or Jelly Bean it'd have all the same problems as the existing ICS/JB Skate ROMS, so what'd be the point? Tilal's already got ICS and JB working as good as they're going to on our Skates.

Exactly, there will be themed roms with h3 blues base rom (or stock base rom), or I think that...

@ TouchyAndalou

I think what he means is he wants H3 Blues used as the base ROM with an ICS or JB theme applied, so that it looks like them but functions with everything working.

I've had something in mind for a while and I may start working on it once I get some free time.

Just so you're aware the update installs C3C0's S2 kernel, but it's what I call the fixed version. Basically it doesn't mess up the colouring like the one C3C0 supplies as you might of noticed from using his original version that once the phones been to sleep and has then woken up the blues would of turned into a more purple(ish) colour. This issue has been addressed for this ROM thanks to C3C0.

Guest TouchyAndalou

@ TouchyAndalou

I think what he means is he wants H3 Blues used as the base ROM with an ICS or JB theme applied, so that it looks like them but functions with everything working.

I've had something in mind for a while and I may start working on it once I get some free time.

If that's what he means then I agree with him! Honestly, I'd love a ICS theme for this ROM. I think it's the best 2.3.5 ROM available and although the theme is nice, ICS looks seriously fine lol.

Hope you get the chance to do it, but thanks for the update either way.

Guest utternoob

okay, last doubt: installing the update zip, should I do partitions in the SD card? or only wipe cache, dalvik cache and reboot? thanks

Just wipe caches

I find the default settings work fine, but you may want to try conservative or lagfree. More info can be found here.

I noticed that you've posted on the HTC website so could I ask you to tell them since I can't speak spanish, that if anyone has a bluetooth bug can they try to use logcat to find out where the error is coming from. Without a log I won't be able to fix the bug as I can't reproduce it with my TomTom.

Guest TouchyAndalou

I've been having problems on the latest update with video playback. Neither the stock player or several from the playstore want to play my videos (although short clips taken on the phone seem to work ok) YouTube also works, but i tried watching a streamed video on the sky sports FC app and that was completely broken with a bunch of coloured lines. The larger file videos from my SD card were causing reboots before they finally stopped playing at all (the video will load but freezes on the first frame) I'm wondering if this is related to the new kernel, as I've never has this problem with this rom before and I have it set up exactly the same with regards to CPU settings as in the past.

Edited by TouchyAndalou

Guest TouchyAndalou

Update: after clearing the caches, it seems to have fixed itself. Must have messed something up when the system crashed and rebooted itself. Still, not sure why I was getting those crashes in the first place. Will try some more vids out tomorrow and report if I'm still getting crashes.

On a different note, the battery life seems good :)