[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest chaosfoevr

i cant seem to update Go launcher...i hv installed updatable launcher as well ..at the moment m at v 1.6 of this rom and go launcher is 3.15 , wot do i do??

@ ousZTE

Use your original partition if it's larger than 160MB, but by the sounds of things yours is smaller as the ROM doesn't hang at the android logo and the update does work as I've used it myself.

@ chaosfoevr

Have you installed the updated launcher, wiped it's data cache (go to settings, apps, all and locate go launcher ex) and then tried to update via google play?

The launcher that comes with the ROM has bloat removed, extra services disabled, the intro screen disabled and tracking disabled. So it's faster and should save more battery.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest chaosfoevr

@ ousZTE

Use your original partition if it's larger than 160MB, but by the sounds of things yours is smaller as the ROM doesn't hang at the android logo and the update does work as I've used it myself.

@ chaosfoevr

Have you installed the updated launcher, wiped it's data cache (go to settings, apps, all and locate go launcher ex) and then tried to update via google play?

The launcher that comes with the ROM has bloat removed, extra services disabled, the intro screen disabled and tracking disabled. So it's faster and should save more battery.

So first update to v1.6 then install updatable launcher from first post clear all cache data and finally update its from play store.....

Ya like the launcher that comes wit rom but I use go locker n I can't use it wit default launcher .... thanks for quick response....cheers

That sounds about right. It's a bit of a pain, but I can't update the launcher file all of the time.

I'll see if I can make the modified GO Launcher EX work with GO Locker. I think older versions of GO Locker do work, or maybe GO Locker needs something from the newer launcher. I refused to update the launcher when they changed how you add widgets or change the wallpaper. Then they started adding in even more bloat e.g. a media player, security detection and a picture manager. It's RAM usage keeps going up with each new version and they keep adding things to it that a launcher simply doesn't need.

Edited by H3ROS

Holo launcher is great, but doesn't fit the H3B theme of things. It looks like ICS and doesn't adapt to the system colours, but saying that when I come around working on themes I'll probably make it the default launcher for the ICS version of the ROM.

Edited by H3ROS

Harder than one might think as you have to create/size some .9.png files and check they're scaled correct. I'd then have to edit many xml files and smali source files to check that the theme is applied to everything. So for example the camera, clock, music app, file browser and messaging. You then also need to edit the dropdown screen and settings menus. And if you want a full theme you also need to modify the application icons. So it really turns into a pretty big project. Right now though my focus is performance and battery saving and I think I'm onto something with the 1.6 BETA version :)

150MB system and 2MB cache:

http://www.mediafire...549dd1l17l33ymg

Instructions:

http://www.modaco.co...zte-skate-tpts/

The thing is, if your system partitions already larger than 150MB then your problem is something else. Maybe a corrupt download or you've got something confused and are trying to flash it wrong.

Edited by H3ROS

H3 Blues is smaller than AtomicMod so it should work.

You'd need to download terminal emulator and use the "df" command. Mine says 150MB and the cache is 64MB.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70

Yup H3 Blues has slithly more memory than it's predecessors made by Tillaz (AtomicMod and AtomicICS) , altought the H3 Blue's (I think) it was based

on AtomicICS source code , it was made to be faster and with a bit more extras.

So H3ROS , i've tested your beta build , i know it's still with some unfinished code but , have you any idea when you will release the next

version of this ROM ?

@ utternoob

That's a change Google made. They removed the install complete icon in what they call trimming the fat, although I think they might of done it by accident or simply don't care. ICS ROM's will now display the game or software icon when completed. And apparently upcoming versions of play store will have some sort of malware checker built in.

@ WiiSky70

Maybe today or tomorrow as I've been helping C3C0 test some governors to get everything working. We've added in my custom governor too. It will be known as SmartassH3 :)

For them using the BETA version, does the responsiveness of the phone feel the same, worse or better? For me things seem smother and battery lasts longer due to the device underclocking when it doesn't need that much power. High quality Youtube for example will run at 320 MHz and be perfect, where as with the ondemand governor it'd be hitting 787 MHz. The system idle state will also drop to as low as 122 MHz and stay there too, so this will of course save power.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest utternoob

I find the performance similar to before, but if I can underclock, that would also be useful for battery purposes. However I may not be the best judge of that because I bounce between rom backups frequently

I've released version 1.6 :)

@ utternoob

I looked into the Google Play download icon and noticed that they've actually changed it, so I've included their updated icon.

Guest dariorp

I was in Paranoid but I don't like it and I have returned here... but I have a doubt, I did the three wipes and then format system, but when I mounted USB there were things in the SD, and I don't know if it is normal... if it is not, what should I do?

Guest Qwery Guy

There's just one "issue" I've spotted (in both 1.5 and 1.6) - in the default Email app the refresh button is a Speaker (should be a circle with arrows I think). Already used to it ;)

@ dariorp

You'll normally get a few folders created on the SD card. It's normal.

@ Qwery Guy

I can't say I use the email app so I've certainly not modified it at all, but I'll take a look into it.

Update #1:

Okay, I see what you mean. The client appears to be retrieving icons from the systems framework, so it must be using incorrect file names. I'll try to correct it and post an update once I'm done :)

Update #2:

Try this: http://d-h.st/4Im

Edited by H3ROS