Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1189 replies to this topic

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Signal Boost is Orange UK only. As yet haven't had weak enough signal to test it. Seems it works though

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

bardriel

bardriel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I notice signal lost because i have no signal where before i have it, and in other places when before my signal was perfect now i have bad results.
Anyway i´m going to continue with this rom for some days to test battery after 3 or 4 cycles.
Thanks for all
^^

Janfri

Janfri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei G510-200
Thx H3ros for your excellent rom, which I voted best rom ever in the poll. Your rom is very stable, everything works, the sound is excellent, the battery lasts long, the rom is very smooth and it has go launcher, which I prefer to other launchers. My second choice would be Mokee or Paranoid, but I've always come back to H3 Blues and now will stay with it.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
The signal should be the same for all ROM's, but I'd suggest if you're not going to be using your data connection then switch to the 2G network. That should have the best coverage and it saves a little battery when in use.

As for battery drainage, that could be the ROM playing catchup. For example here. If you installed the ROM while your battery was 70% or less then the ROM can't correctly calibrate against it, so you have to use the phone until its at least 4% battery and then fully charge it to 100%. You should then notice it holds its charge a bit better :) Another thing to keep in mind when compared to the stock ROM is that the stock ROM drops the battery every 5%, so it goes from 100%, 95%, 90% etc. and so you don't notice the drain as much as the 1% drops.

@ Janfri

I too do try the other ROM's, but I find myself coming back to a stock ROM because as you said, everything works. It's a shame people can't dual boot easily though because even I would like to test ICS/JB ROM's, espcially now they can decode HQ youtube. I'm hoping to see that improve so all video is playable without lag, and not just for the Skate but for all ARMv6 devices.

Edited by H3ROS, 05 November 2012 - 03:45 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

pablitobm88

pablitobm88

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Do I need to wipe some to go from 1.7 to 2.0?

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
It should do all required wipes for you, but if you want to be sure then wipe the cache and dalvik cache before installing the update.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

bardriel

bardriel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Thanks for advices. Yes, i´m now calibrating my battery. I think that with 2 or 3 days of normal use i can achieve very good results.
^^
As i said before, excellent rom!

krystman

krystman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hali! 1.5 to 2.0 update ???

30 - 100 volume ??

Edited by krystman, 07 November 2012 - 09:44 AM.

TouchyAndalou

TouchyAndalou

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
H3ROS, if it's not too much trouble could you post the equalizer removal add-on? Thanks.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
@ krystman
No volume steps addons as of yet. I know it's nice to have more volume steps, but that does kind of break music controls for when the screens off as you end up having to tap the button a lot.

@ TouchyAndalou
I didn't bother since the ROM itself is under the 150MB mark, but I could if you want it gone.

The old addon won't work as it's using a different settings.apk.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

fagyi

fagyi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Sry that im posting here. But i think i need ask few issue with gameloft.

Yesterday i buy Babel Rising 3D game from gameloft because i look that its supported for skate now.
But on this Rom i got FC after tried running :/
same as with CM7 here.

Im very confused. Any other original game from gameloft ( so not warez ) running good. Splinter cell, fishing kings, etc

unnecessarily paid? this works too with warez so FC :D

Zte Skate - CyanogenMod 11 - 4.4.4

HTC Touch HD aka Blackstone - CyanMobile eXperience 

If you like my work, please hit plus button or If you want to invite me for a coffee btn_donate_LG.gif

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
Does it FC on a stock Skate ROM too? It's just that if I had to pick what could cause it it'd be one of the libs from CM7 that fixes the low float-point CPU score seen in stock ROM's, or it'd be the Adreno libs. It really depends on if a stock ROM works or not.

@ TouchyAndalou
I've added an option to remove the EQ but it's untested as I don't want to remove my EQ and don't have room for a backup at the moment.

Edited by H3ROS, 07 November 2012 - 05:20 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

krystman

krystman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thx H3ROS! Very good ROM! ;) DSP Manager possybli addon or 2.1 ROM? (Sorry no English) :)

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
The ROM doesn't need DSP Manager and heres why:

Attached File  screenshot-1352321502992.png   51.98KB   12 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1352321410724.png   62.04KB   10 downloads

It already has a Dolby equalizer and a sound boosting equalizer.

Edited by H3ROS, 07 November 2012 - 08:56 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7
Something strange going on with my phone and this ROM...

Flashed (totally clean) the 1.7 version and restored no apps to find that the microphone stopped working when making a call. It would only work if I had it set to hands free. There is no physical obstruction within the small hole at the bottom.

Flashed to...

http://www.modaco.co...oid-237-311012/

and, thankfully, it is back to working a treat.

Did a set of full wipes and formatted the system etc. Then tried the 1.7 again to find the same.

I have gone to the other ROM noted and it works fine..

I have now seen a version 2.0 of this ROM so when I have the time I will give it a try but I'm a little busy at the moment and with my wife in hospital I can't afford to not have a working phone.

Thanks again for sharing your work :)

Edited by dibbles, 08 November 2012 - 09:32 AM.

betterthanjordan79

betterthanjordan79

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Devices:Monte Carlo

@ krystman
No volume steps addons as of yet. I know it's nice to have more volume steps, but that does kind of break music controls for when the screens off as you end up having to tap the button a lot.

@ TouchyAndalou
I didn't bother since the ROM itself is under the 150MB mark, but I could if you want it gone.

The old addon won't work as it's using a different settings.apk.

Hi H3ROS, you ROM is very very smooth and I really like it. I'm just wondering if you are considering creating an add on that will allow 1% volume increments. My headphone blow the ears off me when I have them at the lowest volume...Also would it be possible to get the pause and skip music controls on the lock screen ,Just a suggestion and again this is a great ROM and I will be using for a long time :-)

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
@ dibbles
Version 1.7 is built from the same source as SKatie, although it's rather heavily modified. And version 2.0 is built on an entierly different ROM so if it's broke in 1.7 then it should be fixed in 2.0 unless it's a kernel bug.

@ betterthanjordan79
The 100 volume steps wouldn't actually lower the volume. It basically smoothens out the audio range.

I can't see a simple way to add lockscreen music controls, but I know if you download PlayerPro it can control the lockscreen to add music controls. WidgetLocker is also supposed to control the audio too.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

betterthanjordan79

betterthanjordan79

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

@ dibbles
Version 1.7 is built from the same source as SKatie, although it's rather heavily modified. And version 2.0 is built on an entierly different ROM so if it's broke in 1.7 then it should be fixed in 2.0 unless it's a kernel bug.

@ betterthanjordan79
The 100 volume steps wouldn't actually lower the volume. It basically smoothens out the audio range.

I can't see a simple way to add lockscreen music controls, but I know if you download PlayerPro it can control the lockscreen to add music controls. WidgetLocker is also supposed to control the audio too.

I installed the app "Fine Volume Control V2.0" and what it shows is that when the volume is at the lowest (at 0%) and I press volume up once it jumps all the way to 29%...So that is what i mean wen I'm only about it being to loud whereas if the 100 steps were there or even steps of 5 or 10 then it could produce lower volumes.

Again I am not giving out, I'm just giving a suggestion. I really do enjoy using this ROM.

Edited by betterthanjordan79, 08 November 2012 - 04:59 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
I'll create the addon so you can test it, but there will probably still be a jump for that first audio step. I'm not sure if it's kernel related, but I can't see any way to adjust it via the framework itself.

*EDIT*

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/RxRLF8yQY/

You might want to make a backup in clockworkmod before applying it.

Edited by H3ROS, 08 November 2012 - 05:21 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

betterthanjordan79

betterthanjordan79

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

I'll create the addon so you can test it, but there will probably still be a jump for that first audio step. I'm not sure if it's kernel related, but I can't see any way to adjust it via the framework itself.

Ok thanks a million. If the add on doesn't fix it I'm sure I'll get used to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users