[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

My old stock 2.3.5 and SKatie by C3CO have that feature. For example, I open my friends list on fb via a web browser, and when I view pictures i just long press and save pictures/ save as contact picture/ select contact and that's it. the same process for any picture that I find with a web browser

I'll check the browser, but I have a feeling it's going to be the dialer because whatever 2.3.5 ROM you've previously used likely has the ZTE dialer which I've replaced with the more standard Android dialer. Hopefully I'm wrong and Orange have simply modified the browser a little.

I'll check the browser, but I have a feeling it's going to be the dialer because whatever 2.3.5 ROM you've previously used likely has the ZTE dialer which I've replaced with the more standard Android dialer. Hopefully I'm wrong and Orange have simply modified the browser a little.

it can be, I also think that it's going to be dialer, also when i press dialer it's open my call log instead of dialer. You do not have to bother about that, I just noticed. rom is great, I've deleted go launcher and replaced it with launcherPro and set up ES explorer, for me is now perfect. I just have one question, since my MIUI FM radio sound very quiet, can I replace it with the factory fm radio? it's more louder and the interface is much more comfortable

Guest omegavesko
H3ROS, Is it possible to create a full theme ICS/JB for Android music player stock please ?

The stock player is in AOSP so it is possible, but I don't see anyone doing it when there are so many better ones on the store.

@ paun21

You can replace the radio if you wish. You may want to resign it with apkmultitool though. The volume buttons don't actually work on the MIUI radio, but if you spin the arrow where it says "loading" then it adjusts the volume.

If the dialer is the problem then I could create a ZTE addon, but it wouldn't look as good as the Android dialer.

@ shanga44

For normal 2.3.5 ROM's it's possible if you edit and compile the Android source, but for this ROM with Dolby built in it's not possible. As suggested it'd be easier to install something like google music.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest King Mustard

I am running H3 Blues v2.2.

When I call voicemail, and I press "1" to listen to messages, the phone turns off. Not even the power button works to turn it back on. Battery needs removing.

This happened with v1.7, also.

I didn't upgrade to v2.2, it's a clean install.

Other calling features are fine - it's just voicemail.

Any ideas?

Edited by King Mustard

Hello everyone.

This is my favorite ROM on my skate. Keep up the good work!

I have a slight problem, possibly not because of the ROM but maybe others faced it and have a solution. The problem exists at both ROMS I had on my phone 1.3 and 2.2 now.

After installing the ROM, I install Titanium Backup (or Pro) to restore my apps. Unfortunately they dont appear at Play store as installed apps. I tried everything from clearing data/cache even Market Doctor from Titanium Backup Pro. But they just dont show up. Has anyone found a solution for this?

I know it happens to people with any ROM I just want to find out if some one found a specific solution with this ROM (especially 2.2 which I am now using).

Really appreciating any help I can get!

@ King Mustard

I can only guess that the dialer is at fault. Possibly a conflicting bug with your network provider? It works fine for me on Giffgaff.

I could release an addon for the default ZTE dialer, but then that wont look as good as the current dialer. Alternatively if someone can reproduce the issue and capture a logcat then I'd attempt to fix it.

@ WiiSky70

I've been taking a break for a while, but after new years I'll be back working on things. I'm still not yet sure if I'll release it as a theme or a whole new ROM as I'm probably going to change a few of the system applications.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest King Mustard

@ King Mustard

I can only guess that the dialer is at fault. Possibly a conflicting bug with your network provider? It works fine for me on Giffgaff.

I could release an addon for the default ZTE dialer, but then that wont look as good as the current dialer. Alternatively if someone can reproduce the issue and capture a logcat then I'd attempt to fix it.

Want to get the default dialer to me to try for you? At least then we'll have a bit more of an answer :)

http://d-h.st/lzd

Be warned that it's rather hideous compared to the default dialer I use. I also recommend that you create a backup in clockworkmod before applying it, just so you can easily remove it if it doesn't fix your problem.

If it doesn't fix your problem then I'd be curious to know if an even older version works. http://www.fileswap.com/dl/U06UQPmq0N/H3_Blues_v1.3.zip.html

I'm taking a "when it's done" approach. I mean, I am working on some areas of it, but I'm pushed for time and only want to release something when I'm happy with it.

Guest WiiSky70

Hi H3ROS,

we are expecting good news, even if it is a new mod

how long shall we wait ?

Hey man , as H3ROS says , we need to wait till he releases it's rebranded ROM . And it takes time , ROM's need to be Quality made as the Big Mac that you love on McDonalds ;)

Edited by WiiSky70

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sashko69

I've just bought Skate (used to have G300 before that). I've tried several ROMs, from stock GB to newest CM 10.1 ColdFusion3 and I must say I like this one the most. Very fast and responsive, I even have a feeling it's faster then G300 in everyday use, although I used ICS on G300 (which is a little slower then GB). Anyway - great ROM!

@ mi nombre

Still working on it. It's getting better :)

@ sashko69

I should be able to make it wake from volume keys with a little mod if you want it.

Update:

It seems the usual smali/keypad mods for other devices don't work on the skate. It might not be possible.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest sashko69

@ mi nombre

Still working on it. It's getting better :)

@ sashko69

I should be able to make it wake from volume keys with a little mod if you want it.

Update:

It seems the usual smali/keypad mods for other devices don't work on the skate. It might not be possible.

Same problem as G300, the usual solutions didn't work. The only thing that did the job on any ROM was editing of Generic.kl, qwerty.kl and android.policy.jar files. Could this info help?

Edited by sashko69