Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1189 replies to this topic

Ecki1979

Ecki1979

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate & ZTE Blade
I did this after flashing the update and after realising, that the phone doesn´t boot. My Phone just showed me the android. Had to remove battery.

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
I wiped before and it worked. Just takes a long time

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
Oops. I should of mentioned that due to the Dalvik changes it may require you to wipe your cache and Dalvik cache after you've applied the update. I'll add install instructions to the first post :)

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
Also had a few random rebooted, but they seem to have stopped *touches wood*

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
I've added links for fresh installations :)

@ utternoob
Do you have much installed on the ROM? With it's default settings and apps I've never experienced a single reboot. If it happens again it'd be great if you could try to capture it in a logcat.

Edited by H3ROS, 02 December 2012 - 04:49 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
Everytime you update the ROM , it gets better and better AND BETTER ;)

Also like the new JB Theme , very awesome concept and a really cool idea H3ROS.

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

I've added links for fresh installations :)

@ utternoob
Do you have much installed on the ROM? With it's default settings and apps I've never experienced a single reboot. If it happens again it'd be great if you could try to capture it in a logcat.

Only enough to fill 4 4x4 pages including system apps. Not sure why, but it did it twice and stopped

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
The JB themed H3B is turning out to be a lot of work and I can tell you that the menus changed a little since I taken the screenshot. Of course it won't look exactly like JB as you need to keep specific colours in Gingerbread otherwise you can end up with weird theme bugs on applications that use their own colour scheme e.g. They use black font and the JB popup window is black so you wouldn't be able to see anything. The only solution to this is for me to mix holo dark with holo light.

With some overclocking you can get this ROM to score over 3015 in the latest version of AnTuTu by the way.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

mi nombre

mi nombre

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate, Huawei u8110

The JB themed H3B is turning out to be a lot of work and I can tell you that the menus changed a little since I taken the screenshot. Of course it won't look exactly like JB as you need to keep specific colours in Gingerbread otherwise you can end up with weird theme bugs on applications that use their own colour scheme e.g. They use black font and the JB popup window is black so you wouldn't be able to see anything. The only solution to this is for me to mix holo dark with holo light.

With some overclocking you can get this ROM to score over 3015 in the latest version of AnTuTu by the way.

Well, the result is going to be fantastic anyway :D

Janfri

Janfri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei G510-200

@ mogamycool
It's probably the software you used. It sounds like theres an offline cached copy and googles too? If it was a ROM problem a lot of other people would of reported it by now.

I've released the 2.2 update which can be applied to either version 2.0 or 2.1 of the ROM. I'll release an updated full version of the ROM later in the day.

Download links can be found in the first post.

Thank you very much for the fix H3ROS, I have installed the update and everything installs and works perfectly now.

mogamycool

mogamycool

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:zte skate
As usual , great.
Can you add next version a choice to put soft buttons on bottom , and add record button during calls ?

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
I'm not sure if a choice would be possible as Gingerbread doesn't have any code at all to handle soft keys. It's something I'd have to try to backport from ICS to Gingerbread and if successful I'd then copy the smali and put it into this ROM. As for a button to record calls, the options already there. When in a call press the options button and then select the record option. The files are then saved to the root of your SD card.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

Blueton

Blueton

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

This has happened to me on a couple of occasions with a custom ROM installed. I have taken the phone apart to ensure that the dust type grommet over the microphone is ok and also checked that the hole has not been blocked. It has happened once with my wife's phone.

At times it does make me reluctant to ever flash a ROM as it is usually at that point that I then discover it is either a problem or it isn't. I moved over to the ROM I noted above and then it was fine (I could be wrong on this but it only seemed to happen with the H3 ROM). I have recently tried a JB ROM and it was fine there too.

Much to my relief I have just totally wiped and then flashed the 2.1 of this H3 ROM ( I tend to keep coming back to this one as it simply works well for our needs ) and it works without the speakerphone / mic issue.

Sometimes a complete wipe and a format of the system and then install the full 2.1 might help you.

It is an issue when it happens but thankfully it hasn't been a permanent problem for me and hopefully it will not be the same for you.

Good luck :)

Sorry for the late reply to this , I opened the phone up and checked the dust cover and put the phone back together and now I have lost green from the screen. The display is only using red and blue so everything is a purple colour ......think I have wrecked the phone, oh and I cant talk to anyone still without it being on speaker .

Anyone know if I can restore the green colour to the screen or I will sell it as spare or repair somewhere.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5
Ok , i've tested the latest 2.2 update and here's what i like :

- Super Rock Solid stability

- Great hosts file (It block almost any advertisement)

- Pictures look nicer compared with previous versions of H3Blues

- Good web experience

Also how's the progress with the JB Theme for the next release H3ROS :) ?

Edited by WiiSky70, 03 December 2012 - 09:41 PM.

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

Janfri

Janfri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei G510-200

Ok , i've tested the latest 2.2 update and here's what i like :

- Super Rock Solid stability

- Great hosts file (It block almost any advertisement)

- Pictures look nicer compared with previous versions of H3Blues

- Good web experience

I am also very happy again after installing the new version. The only thing I would like to suggest you is to implement ADW launcher in future releases, imho it is just the best launcher, more ressource friendly and configurable than go launcher, which I recognize is also a very good launcher. For example, you can hide dock and notification bar, stretch widgets, have 5 columns and 7 files on each screen and do many things that any other launcher cant do and I think it is as stable as launcher pro, but much more "modern". For the rest, H3Blues rocks.

dibbles

dibbles

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Interests:Life and family :)
  • Devices:Moto G Excite Pro Nexus 7
^^^^^ I do like what is done with the Go Launcher when added to this ROM and I would like that one to remain as the default. It is very easy to change a launcher to your own favourite but I would not like to miss out on the customisation offered by H3ROS when the Go Launcher is added.

emilpoul

emilpoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Devices:zte skate.sanei n10.cube u23gt
heros how much must be the size of system partition and cache size for 2.0 and 2.2 .
is it possible to make a release that could fix a bug with skype , when i am talking to skype and try to swap between speaker and earspeaker it doesnt anything , it just stay to speaker .
i really enjoy your work , especialy now that i apply from kovdev a ics theme , i am crazy with my phone again because of you :D and him :D
thank you very much :D

Edited by emilpoul, 04 December 2012 - 05:39 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
You can size it down to as low as a 150MB system and 2MB cache :)

As for Skype:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1148708

Go to the advanced options and select to enable MODE_IN_CALL.

I've tried to fix the Gingerbread bug in the past but as the libs aren't open source then it's near enough impossible to do. Theres some stuff at the framework level to play around with, but because Dolby is there it complicates things even further.

@ WiiSky70
It's getting there, but there's still much to do. The icons are the biggest challenge.

Edited by H3ROS, 04 December 2012 - 05:45 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

emilpoul

emilpoul

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Devices:zte skate.sanei n10.cube u23gt
ok heros :D
again man , thank you huge :D

wizard.no.84

wizard.no.84

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate (OMC)
don't have message apk :blink:
when i try to acsses it from contacts, i get android.process.acore stopped..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users