[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

Expect release of the ROM in early May . It is based on IceBreaker V2 design for the ZTE Blade i think,

Nope lol. Remember this is Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread).

All I can say right now is that things are coming together, but I'm currently having to backtrack through my changes as I've noticed my battery is either being drained by one of the performance tweaks or my battery simply isn't holding it's charge very well anymore. And it's a shame if it's one of the tweaks as it seems that whenever you push the skate too much the battery drain becomes very noticeable.

Guest WiiSky70

Nope lol. Remember this is Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread).

All I can say right now is that things are coming together, but I'm currently having to backtrack through my changes as I've noticed my battery is either being drained by one of the performance tweaks or my battery simply isn't holding it's charge very well anymore. And it's a shame if it's one of the tweaks as it seems that whenever you push the skate too much the battery drain becomes very noticeable.

DANM ! We need an leak date eheeheh :D

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest trikool

Hi H3ROS. You've solved the problem of you battery?? And... also: How much time remains?? :blink:

Edited by trikool

• 2 weeks later...
Guest H3ROS

It turns out none of my modifications were the cause of the battery drain. One of the apps I had installed that received an update must of caused it, although it wasn't registering anything as a wake lock.

My phones been on with 2G and WiFi for 13 hours and the battery is at 94%, which I would say is acceptable.

Guest H3ROS

In use I'd say it's probably the same as H3 Blues or any other Gingerbread ROM in that once the screens turned on it'll start to drain. Nothing can be done to fix that simply because the Skates battery is really poor for it's screen size.

In the 13 hours it's been running I've sent and replied to some texts and checked my gmail, so it lasts a long time with lite usage. It'd probably drain quicker if you were to to play games or watch a lot of videos, but I think we're all used to that by now as no ROM can drastically improve battery usage for our device.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

I've not been able to dedicated much time to it lately as I've got a lot going on right now, so I can't give an extra release date. And honestly I couldn't even guess a month as I don't want to rush myself to then get it done.

Guest H3ROS

Does anyone know what languages are actually used with the Skate? English and Spanish are the 2 obvious ones, but what else?

Guest omegavesko

Lots of people in Serbia use Gingerbread ROMs. You could probably get away with only including one language for Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian, since they're basically the same.

Edited by omegavesko

Guest H3ROS

Okay, I'll make sure to add them.

I'm working on the keyboard at the moment. I've found that some official Skate ROM's come with an OEM version of Swype, so I'm modifying that to include some missing languages. Plus I'm adjusting it's theme :)

Guest omegavesko

Okay, I'll make sure to add them.

I'm working on the keyboard at the moment. I've found that some official Skate ROM's come with an OEM version of Swype, so I'm modifying that to include some missing languages. Plus I'm adjusting it's theme :)

Huh, really? I had no idea the Skate ever officially had Swype.

Guest WiiSky70

post-954400-0-31656700-1368044209_thumb. post-954400-0-69836900-1368044240_thumb.

I think the above should cover most of the user base for this ROM then?

DANM So dark and shiny ROM , includes Swype IMHO ? Hopefully not warez i think eheheh :D

Guest C3C0

Orange SK rom had this, too. It was called xt9 ime or something like that if I remember correctly. And it was white colored.

Guest H3ROS

DANM So dark and shiny ROM , includes Swype IMHO ? Hopefully not warez i think eheheh :D

It's in an OEM version, and as long as it's OEM it's no different than how people add beats audio or the bravia engine into ROM's :)

Feature wise the official Play Store version of Swype has a lot more features, but I actually prefer this one for a few reasons. It's smaller, it doesn't have Swype connect active and it uses googles speech to text instead of dragon dictation.

Orange SK rom had this, too. It was called xt9 ime or something like that if I remember correctly. And it was white colored.

I seem to remember an xt9 app, but it looked much different and I don't think it had jelly bean style text swiping.

The reason I want to pack only the common languages is because I'm going to remove the stock keyboard to free up some space.

Edited by H3ROS