[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest poludeli_kaktus

You mean when pressing numbers? I don't think so.

There's options there to enable haptic feedback, and vibrate is set to always, but it doesn't actually do anything for the keys. I'm not sure if that's a bug as the dialer was taken from CM7 or if it's the intended behaviour and something else is supposed to vibrate. I'll look into it shortly either way :)

yeap, while pressing numbers :) but beside that rom is very nice and optimised, i`m using it @ factory cpu settings on smartass h3. and i notice this maybe it is bug maybe some on my phone but when somebody call me sometimes my phone stuck on answer call screen, touchscreen is not responsive until i turn off/on screen with power button, beside that touchscreen is work normaly. maybe is something on my phone, i use medion life p4310

Guest H3ROS

Can't say I've ever had that issue. Have you tried to recalibrate the screen to see if that helps? The options in the H3 Blues settings.

When I've finished my next ROM I'm probably going to give H3 Blues one more update, just to apply some of the same optimization's I've put into my new ROM as I've found some improvements that could be made.

Guest H3ROS

Yeah, I just thought maybe if you were to redo that it'd help. It's just the sensor detects if you've got it covered, and if you do then it won't respond to touch events.

I don't suppose you've got your phone in a case and it's slightly covering the right plastic area next to the metal grill at the top of the phone? If you don't then I could only guess it's either a kernel issue or that the Orange UK firmware that this ROM's based off of doesn't fully work with the Medion. I don't know why it wouldn't though as nobody else has reported such an issue.

Guest poludeli_kaktus

Yeah, I just thought maybe if you were to redo that it'd help. It's just the sensor detects if you've got it covered, and if you do then it won't respond to touch events.

I don't suppose you've got your phone in a case and it's slightly covering the right plastic area next to the metal grill at the top of the phone? If you don't then I could only guess it's either a kernel issue or that the Orange UK firmware that this ROM's based off of doesn't fully work with the Medion. I don't know why it wouldn't though as nobody else has reported such an issue.

i have protective case but it is not covering speaker with sensors. but you know what i have that issue with stock rom on s2 kernel before install h3. it is not relly big bug, happening time to time and i can live with it :) sometimes is annoying but... :) who gives a damn

if you have one more upadate pls include medion in support :) i have stock medion aldi rom if you need for that

Edited by poludeli_kaktus

Guest H3ROS

i have that issue with stock rom on s2 kernel before install h3. it is not relly big bug, happening time to time and i can live with it :)

I'm glad it's not just an issue with this ROM then. Maybe it could be fixed if there was some logcat information though.

@ mi nombre

Nothing major. I'm currently waiting for a new battery to be delivered so that I can better test performance against battery usage.

Guest H3ROS

@ maharzzz

You can format your SD card to add a second partition and then use Link2SD, or you can try using scripts such as INT2EXTV2+ or Nitroglass.

@ kidbetin

The radio, camera flash, Orange UK signal boost, WiFi, tethering, bluetooth etc. Everything works.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70

@ maharzzz

You can format your SD card to add a second partition and then use Link2SD, or you can try using scripts such as INT2EXTV2+ or Nitroglass.

@ kidbetin

The radio, camera flash, Orange UK signal boost, WiFi, tethering, bluetooth etc. Everything works.

Hey man can you show some of your progress now :) ?

Guest H3ROS

Soon.

As things currently stand icon spacing in the status bar is an issue for everyone who tries to theme Gingerbread to look more like ICS or JB. That goes for any Android phone and any Gingerbread ROM. I've worked around that a little by adjusting the icon size, as I've shown in my previous screenshots, but I think I might be able to do better than that so that's what I'm currently working on.

Guest emilpoul

This days I bought new phone, thl w8 1gb ram and 8gb rom white color.

very very awesome phone, and the most important dual sim dual standby.

by my opinion huge better than any Samsung, phone , even than my woman's phone galaxy nexus maguro. Of course allways on top is HTC.

So I applied to my beloved skate atomic mod, :-D :-D :-D :-D , aghast this phone, is so loveable. With atomic is just awesome everything working and is perfect, after I added holo launcher with holo locker, and that's it, a perfect workfull skate worth royalty perfect ICS jb feeling :D:D

Honestly, can't wait for hero's rom, it would be its permanent rom. So please man, just give it to us :-D :-D :-D

Guest jtharmor

by my opinion huge better than any Samsung, phone , even than my woman's phone galaxy nexus maguro. Of course allways on top is HTC.

So I applied to my beloved skate atomic mod, :-D :-D :-D :-D , aghast this phone, is so loveable. With atomic is just awesome everything working and is perfect, after I added holo launcher with holo locker, and that's it, a perfect workfull skate worth royalty perfect ICS jb feeling :D :D

Honestly, can't wait for hero's rom, it would be its permanent rom. So please man, just give it to us :-D :-D :-D

Atomic was always the best :)

Guest omegavesko

So I applied to my beloved skate atomic mod, :-D :-D :-D :-D , aghast this phone, is so loveable. With atomic is just awesome everything working and is perfect, after I added holo launcher with holo locker, and that's it, a perfect workfull skate worth royalty perfect ICS jb feeling :D :D

Doesn't the THL W8 run Jelly Bean out of the box? Why would you flash Gingerbread on it? =P

Guest C3C0

Lost in translation :P

He said he flashed it to skate, not w8. There's no chance to get it run on w8 :)

Or maybe I just missed your irony? :D

Guest H3ROS

He said he flashed it to skate, not w8. There's no chance to get it run on w8 :)

You've got a PM I sent a while back that you may find useful, if you've not already seen the software.

post-954400-0-57662900-1369248990_thumb.

The status bar now looks a lot like Jelly Bean's, so mission accomplished :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest omegavesko

Wow, that looks really good. Only difference I notice is the font not being Roboto. I assume there's something keeping you from changing it?

Guest omegavesko

Oh, sorry, I misread it. :D

Guest H3ROS

Wow, that looks really good. Only difference I notice is the font not being Roboto. I assume there's something keeping you from changing it?

The font actually is a modified version of Roboto.

From what I can remember the stock ICS or Jelly Bean version of Roboto on Gingerbread will make text jaggy and too thin in areas. It's all to do with how Jelly Bean and ICS renders the UI. Not such a big deal though as this modified font does look great.

Guest omegavesko

The font actually is a modified version of Roboto.

From what I can remember the stock ICS or Jelly Bean version of Roboto on Gingerbread will make text jaggy and too thin in areas. It's all to do with how Jelly Bean and ICS renders the UI. Not such a big deal though as this modified font does look great.

Oh, I see. That makes sense.

Guest C3C0

@H3R0S

Thanks for info. Yes I know xposed framework. I bumped into it when I was working on RootBox - it was part of it and used for per-app DPI stuff. But, of course, it didn't work on armv6 so I had to remove it. Later it was removed from RootBox and replaced by native PA engine. Haven't tried it on my new device yet, though.

Edited by C3C0

Guest jtharmor

You've got a PM I sent a while back that you may find useful, if you've not already seen the software.

post-954400-0-57662900-1369248990_thumb.

The status bar now looks a lot like Jelly Bean's, so mission accomplished :)

Gr8 work !! Does the signal icon show arrows when mobile data is on ??