Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1189 replies to this topic

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
Here's a preview of the messaging app I've been working on:

Attached File  1.png   112.34KB   54 downloads Attached File  2.png   113.57KB   54 downloads

Or if you prefer to have contact images displayed:

Attached File  3.png   100.75KB   52 downloads Attached File  4.png   100.79KB   50 downloads

Thoughts? I think it fits in well with the JB/ICS theme of things ^_^

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Very nice, the slight deviance from standard makes it unique and different

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
The default look will be what you see in the first image and the rest can be changed via the settings menu.

I actually prefer the bubbles look, and it was rather difficult to do. It taken me at least 6 hours of testing different things so that everything was consistent and worked on Gingerbread. For example, I could of made the black theme have a black text input area with white font, but the Gingerbread framework expects all text input areas to be white. That means that when you install some applications from Google Play that they're likely to detect Gingerbread and set the text colour to black (ignoring the frameworks styles). So obviously if your text colour is black and the text input area is either black or transparent and the background is a dark colour then you wouldn't be able to see the text, so I've had to give in and make all text input areas continue to have a white background. And yes, I know I could of still done it for this one application as I can make it behave how I want, but then then things aren't consistent throughout the ROM. At least it doesn't look bad though.

Edited by H3ROS, 13 April 2013 - 03:25 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

honigfisch

honigfisch

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@-
nice. please continue your work :)
i am waiting for your new rom :D

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5

Here's a preview of the messaging app I've been working on:

Attached File  1.png   112.34KB   54 downloads Attached File  2.png   113.57KB   54 downloads

Or if you prefer to have contact images displayed:

Attached File  3.png   100.75KB   52 downloads Attached File  4.png   100.79KB   50 downloads

Thoughts? I think it fits in well with the JB/ICS theme of things ^_^

Yes it's really cool stuff you've been doing all this time (Since last update) , maybe we can get an Windows Phone style Gingerbread ROM :) ?

Can you show other stuff like the rest of the GUI ?

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
@ WiiSky70
Attached File  screenshot-1365873091187.png   196.18KB   45 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1365873030456.png   73.39KB   43 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1365872961681.png   131.82KB   46 downloads
Attached File  screenshot-1365873471496.png   162.53KB   42 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1365872853560.png   36.05KB   42 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1365873203368.png   47.1KB   41 downloads

I'm still working on some things as I've been pushed for time, but it's coming together now.

I'm currently working on modifying a few Gingerbread icons that don't have an ICS or Jelly Bean equivalent. It's hard because you have to do each one individually and then make sure that they're consistent. And honestly I think at times it'd be easier for me to just use Gingerbread icons for all menu options and release the ROM like that, then just patch them when they're ready. I've avoided that so far though as I want everything to have a good level of polish.

Edited by H3ROS, 13 April 2013 - 05:42 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Twitter:@omegavesko
The messaging app reminds me of how Whatsapp looks since the redesign. Keep up the good work!

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
I may not release my next ROM here at MoDaCo after one of it's admins has approved a ROM with warez. That's something I can't support as a developer trying to get into Android software development.

Sure, if a user wants to download something through unofficial channels go ahead, but giving everyone software they shouldn't have for free in a ROM? That I got a problem with. And it shouldn't make any difference if the software's an older version. Paid for software is supposed to be paid for, so support the developer and buy it! That or install the free version.

In the past ROM's such as AtomicMod had their threads closed and a new thread was only allowed to be created when Tillaz made a warez free version. So why should this other ROM get away with it? MoDaCo's own rules even state:

ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)

So it's upsetting to see a MoDaCo administrator approve warez in a ROM.

Checked the ADW bundled with this rom and I'm happy to allow it to be distributed.

Clearly didn't check it well enough as it goes like this:

ADWLauncher (FREE) = org.adw.launcher
ADWLauncher EX (PAID) = org.adwfreak.launcher

So that developer is losing out on £2.26 per install of this other persons ROM.

Edited by H3ROS, 15 April 2013 - 06:36 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

utternoob

utternoob

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Laughing at chavs, Formula 1, Football and general technology
  • Devices:Skate, OSD, GT-P1010
  • Twitter:@terrymalyon2
Will you provide a link to it though?

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I may not know a lot, but there are others that do. If you have a problem, just ask

Sent with magic :)

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
I'll mention when it's done and may link off to where I'll publish it. It might be XDA as I think some people there may want to port the theme to their devices, but I'm hoping the admin/moderator team here will see sense.

Maybe the admin made a mistake, but I'm not sure how he would when I pointed out the "adwfreak" version of the launcher is supposed to be paid for.

It's just annoying and unfair to every other developer here. I mean we could all make better ROM's by including some paid for software, but I don't support that and the MoDaCo rules say not to, so what gives?

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

honigfisch

honigfisch

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:@-
i hope you can publish your nice rom here :S
unfair :(

Edited by honigfisch, 15 April 2013 - 07:09 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
I can promise the ROM will be published, and that you won't need to be a member of anything to download it. It just may not be posted here if that's MoDaCo's attitude towards piracy.

My ROM will come with an application I've created to fix audio redirection issues. It'll be free for people with my ROM, but I was thinking about putting a donate version on Google Play. Obviously if MoDaCo will ignore me and allow people to include warez into their ROM's then it makes me feel less inclined to post it here.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

I can promise the ROM will be published, and that you won't need to be a member of anything to download it. It just may not be posted here if that's MoDaCo's attitude towards piracy.

My ROM will come with an application I've created to fix audio redirection issues. It'll be free for people with my ROM, but I was thinking about putting a donate version on Google Play. Obviously if MoDaCo will ignore me and allow people to include warez into their ROM's then it makes me feel less inclined to post it here.

MoDaCo should update his Privacy Policy and General Developer Rules to avoid this warez crap on their ROM's.

Also i support your new release that's comming soon. Also any ETA or BETA Build that you can provide for testers ?

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
Well their rules currently do state no warez, but that admins ignored it and approved warez in this other ROM. Why? I've no idea, but as a developer I'm not happy about it.

I believe ROM developers should always try to provide clean releases that contain nothing but free software. Publishing anything else doesn't help Android as to work around piracy you then get software developers that will try to make money by putting adverts into applications instead. That or they'll develop for other platforms and you may get the half-assed buggy version on Android if the developers feeling generous.

With the ROM I'm working on I've taken a "when it's done" approach. And it is close to done, but I need to do a few other things and then I may allow people to test it for a day or two before I release it.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Well their rules currently do state no warez, but that admins ignored it and approved warez in this other ROM. Why? I've no idea, but as a developer I'm not happy about it.

I believe ROM developers should always try to provide clean releases that contain nothing but free software. Publishing anything else doesn't help Android as to work around piracy you then get software developers that will try to make money by putting adverts into applications instead. That or they'll develop for other platforms and you may get the half-assed buggy version on Android if the developers feeling generous.

With the ROM I'm working on I've taken a "when it's done" approach. And it is close to done, but I need to do a few other things and then I may allow people to test it for a day or two before I release it.

Well perfection takes it's time . But i really hope that awesome developers like you could deliver to us better experiences on our ZTE Skate , and i really hope to see an heavly modded rom when it's done .

Mainly this ROM could be a fusion of Mokee , CM7 , Ice Armor IV and AtomicMOD.

What do u think of an INFUSION ;) ?

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
Well INFUSION is for a different device, and it's ICS by default so it's way easier to modify as it's less of a jump. That said it's still great :)

The ROM I'm working on is heavily modified from stock Gingerbread, as you can see. The lockscreen looks different, the status bar looks different, the messaging app looks entirely different and things behave different in some applications. For example, we've seen a themed contacts application before, right? But I've gone and created a class so that allows me to drop a .smali file into a decompiled application and replace a function call. This will then add a Jelly Bean swipe animation when switching between tabs. Note that it won't actually swipe between them as that requires whats known as fragments, but I may try to create a little hack to get that working at a later time.

Honestly it feels like the more I've worked on things the faster the ROM's got, and that's without any scripts like Nitroglass or similar. I think the only thing I've done in that area is beef up my "blues" script and changed a few values here and there.

The ROM can take a while to publish because I find that I'll work on something and then I may stop working on everything for a few days. This gives me time to think and relax for a while, but during this time I'll make notes in a text file about things I could improve on or what needs fixing. I then go back to work and check things off the list until I've done what I set out to to. The end result should be the most polished and the fastest stock Gingerbread ROM for the Skate.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Well INFUSION is for a different device, and it's ICS by default so it's way easier to modify as it's less of a jump. That said it's still great :)

The ROM I'm working on is heavily modified from stock Gingerbread, as you can see. The lockscreen looks different, the status bar looks different, the messaging app looks entirely different and things behave different in some applications. For example, we've seen a themed contacts application before, right? But I've gone and created a class so that allows me to drop a .smali file into a decompiled application and replace a function call. This will then add a Jelly Bean swipe animation when switching between tabs. Note that it won't actually swipe between them as that requires whats known as fragments, but I may try to create a little hack to get that working at a later time.

Honestly it feels like the more I've worked on things the faster the ROM's got, and that's without any scripts like Nitroglass or similar. I think the only thing I've done in that area is beef up my "blues" script and changed a few values here and there.

The ROM can take a while to publish because I find that I'll work on something and then I may stop working on everything for a few days. This gives me time to think and relax for a while, but during this time I'll make notes in a text file about things I could improve on or what needs fixing. I then go back to work and check things off the list until I've done what I set out to to. The end result should be the most polished and the fastest stock Gingerbread ROM for the Skate.

Well precision takes time and it takes days to think and to take notes as well , im having higher expectations on your ROM Build and i really hope that the ROM you're creating is the fastest of the fastest that it can get as well greatly modded and feature rich.

Also that's great to have ROM's like yours , since it's a trustworthy ROM base for developers that are working on modified Android 2.3 Gingerbread as well , and i really appreciate seeing variety on what ROM's i can install for what i personally like and don't like. For exemple i like a speedy ROM , which is also Stable , Fluid and with great graphics .

AND im really hoping for your ROM to meet my and other user standards , and for that i think having a poll on the thread for what users wan't to see on your 1st Build would be actually a Feedback for what you need to add , fix or expand system functionality.

Now what i can do for you is to which you luck on building the ROM and reporting bugs for you when the first release comes out. It would also be cool to apply some of the Innovations on other Gingerbread ROM's that are already present . Our device has a solid foundation for building Gingerbread ROM's .

So take your time and reconsideration to think on what you need to integrate and fix first . Good luck for your project again :)

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
Well, don't get too hyped. It's plenty fast and smooth but theres no new options that aren't already in H3 Blues. It's just a little more optimized and I'm trying to theme it the best I can. I've also fixed audio routing which is an issue thats plagued stock Gingerbread ROM's on the Skate since it's release.

Once I've released this next ROM I may update H3 Blues to include similar optimizations and minor fixes.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

jtharmor

jtharmor

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Stake
Why are you not working on ICS/JB ROMS ?? Dev like you can surely comeup with gr8 ROMS on these also.

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Why are you not working on ICS/JB ROMS ?? Dev like you can surely comeup with gr8 ROMS on these also.

Becuse GB has an solid foundation to build highly modded ROM's with all the greatest features , rock-solid stability , very tweaked and reliable (Everything works)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users