Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1189 replies to this topic

Paun21

Paun21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Devices:Zte Skate
Man, I can hardly wait. Finally to settle down with changing the system. Keep up the good work

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
Attached File  screenshot-1368043906662.png   35.93KB   51 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1368043943450.png   50.37KB   56 downloads

I think the above should cover most of the user base for this ROM then?

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:Is not your business...
  • Devices:BQ Aquaris 5

Attached File  screenshot-1368043906662.png   35.93KB   51 downloads Attached File  screenshot-1368043943450.png   50.37KB   56 downloads

I think the above should cover most of the user base for this ROM then?

DANM So dark and shiny ROM , includes Swype IMHO ? Hopefully not warez i think eheheh :D

• Current Device : BQ Aquaris 5 (JB 4.2) 
  • Optimus Monte Carlo (GB 2.3)  --- >>> SOLD ! 

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Orange SK rom had this, too. It was called xt9 ime or something like that if I remember correctly. And it was white colored.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts

DANM So dark and shiny ROM , includes Swype IMHO ? Hopefully not warez i think eheheh :D

It's in an OEM version, and as long as it's OEM it's no different than how people add beats audio or the bravia engine into ROM's :)

Feature wise the official Play Store version of Swype has a lot more features, but I actually prefer this one for a few reasons. It's smaller, it doesn't have Swype connect active and it uses googles speech to text instead of dragon dictation.

Orange SK rom had this, too. It was called xt9 ime or something like that if I remember correctly. And it was white colored.

I seem to remember an xt9 app, but it looked much different and I don't think it had jelly bean style text swiping.

The reason I want to pack only the common languages is because I'm going to remove the stock keyboard to free up some space.

Edited by H3ROS, 08 May 2013 - 09:29 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png
If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate
  • Twitter:@omegavesko
Wow, that Swype theme looks nice. Almost identical to the 4.0+ keyboard, even.

I think a lot of OEMs make Swype/T9 white by default. My mate's Motorola Defy+ comes with a white Swype as well.

Posted Image
ZTE Skate // CM7.2 // 2.3.7
ZTE Crescent (P736E) // CM9 // 4.0.4
Alcatel OT-990 // MIUI // 2.3.7 Sold!

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
I've never really bothered using Link2SD or scripts to link applications to a second partition, so I'm curious about something.

INT2EXT+ mounts /sd-ext to /data, but Link2SD allows you to select which applications you either want to go to your second partition or move via Android's standard SD-card installation feature. So in my opinion Link2SD is superior, yet I've seen a few of the Spanish ROM's use scripts instead. So the simple question here is why? There's no speed difference, and they both ultimately end up doing the same thing, but Link2SD gives you much more information and control at the cost of 913 KB of space.

I'm asking because depending on the information given to me I'll either use a script or continue to use Link2SD for my next ROM.

Edited by H3ROS, 10 May 2013 - 05:48 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

Franck Black

Franck Black

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
I agree with you... always use Link2SD... but many people want to int2ext, nitroglass, etc...
Link2SD is much higher and allows you to have control over the app...

ParanoidJelly - Paranoid Android - 2.80/CM10 - Android 4.1.2
Maldita Ramona

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
In my experience, Link2SD always ends up running out of space first. I have no idea why, I've never looked into why - but both flashable scripts and simple2ext last far longer without filling up the storage than Link2SD does, in my experience.

Of course there's the tradeoff of not being able to control individual apps, but I honestly don't think most people care about that.

Edited by omegavesko, 10 May 2013 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
With Link2SD I know I would keep the core system applications on my phone and only link any games or stuff that I don't use all that often to the SD card. The reason for that is so that the SD card doesn't degrade as much as it would via a script that ends up redirecting all applications. So the result is that you may run out of space quicker, if that wasn't a bug in an older version of Link2SD, but you've got much more control and your SD card will last longer as it's making less read and writes.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

omegavesko

omegavesko

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

With Link2SD I know I would keep the core system applications on my phone and only link any games or stuff that I don't use all that often to the SD card. The reason for that is so that the SD card doesn't degrade as much as it would via a script that ends up redirecting all applications. So the result is that you may run out of space quicker, if that wasn't a bug in an older version of Link2SD, but you've got much more control and your SD card will last longer as it's making less read and writes.

What do you mean by 'core system applications'? I'm not aware of any app/script that links /system/app/ to the SD card. That would just be silly.

Posted Image

Franck Black

Franck Black

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
I install max 25-30 app... but many people installed 40-60-80-120 app...
everyone has needs...

ParanoidJelly - Paranoid Android - 2.80/CM10 - Android 4.1.2
Maldita Ramona

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
I've seen one before that takes I think it's the /data/ folder contents, moves it to SD and then links it back. That did indeed seem silly to me too.

With a script that moves the applications you install to the second partition you'd still probably end up with more read and writes, especially if a few of them applications were designed to run as a service or you simply used some of them often. So for example a keyboard application, imo messenger, IM+ and Skype would all be better placed on the devices memory than an SD cards partition.

Unrelated to anything going on here, but I just come across a thread at HTCMania to do with SmartassH3 and Ondemand.

http://www.htcmania....ad.php?t=526924

I guess they're unaware that SmartassH3 won't ramp up too high when it's not needed, unlike Ondemand that will jump right up to 787 MHz or whatever you've overclocked to. SmartassH3's scaling is much more efficient as you'll see if you load up your CPU settings and view the stats. Also you can watch a HQ YouTube video with less CPU, so you're going to save battery. So I guess all of them who posted on there saying they use ondemand are using it as a force of habit. People don't like change.

Edited by H3ROS, 11 May 2013 - 01:23 AM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate
About languages, Skate was sold in Belgium and Germany as well. You've already covered French, but Dutch and German would be welcome as well I think. If you don't have too many languages already.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
I added Slovak the other day, and I may add some more once I've got the ROM finished and I know how much free space I've got to work with. I did earn some space back today though after ditching all Gingerbread and custom ringtones and going all Jelly Bean.

I have a love/hate thing for the ROM I'm working on. I love the way it looks, but I always find something else that needs adjusting or fixing. That then takes me a few hours, days or weeks as I'm pushed for free time. And I'm not awesome at designing things in software like Photoshop, so sometimes I'll spend ages just getting an icon or two to look right, even though you may never see them icons if you don't go into a specific menu or use a specific application.

My current progress goes something like this:

Launcher = 100%
OS theme = 95%
Camera = 99%
Clock = 99%
Email = 0% (I don't use the email app, so it's left until last)
Browser = 90%
Messaging = 100%
File Explorer = 99%
Phone/Contacts = 90%
Sound Recorder = 99%
Talk = 99%
Music = 100%
Gallery = 100%

Basically anything that's 99% is an icon or an xml value I need to change. Anything at 90% is a few icons I need to change and maybe a tweak here and there. And the 95% for the OS theme is because that's pretty much perfect, but I find myself going back and making very minor adjustments every so often.

I don't want people to get too hyped for the ROM as all it is at the end of the day is a new Gingerbread ROM that looks pretty and is fast. It won't have buttery smooth animations like Jelly Bean as that's impossible on Gingerbread, but it will be the fastest Gingerbread ROM. So if you're someone who likes bleeding edge and lots of customization options then it may not be for you. If, however, you just want a pretty ROM that's fast, is great for gaming and has everything working then you'll be happy. And to give you some idea of what options you can expect, they're all already in H3 Blues. And I may in fact remove the equalizer as I've honestly never used it as I find that Dolby does a much better job and that has it's own equalizer options anyway.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

I added Slovak the other day, and I may add some more once I've got the ROM finished and I know how much free space I've got to work with. I did earn some space back today though after ditching all Gingerbread and custom ringtones and going all Jelly Bean.

I have a love/hate thing for the ROM I'm working on. I love the way it looks, but I always find something else that needs adjusting or fixing. That then takes me a few hours, days or weeks as I'm pushed for free time. And I'm not awesome at designing things in software like Photoshop, so sometimes I'll spend ages just getting an icon or two to look right, even though you may never see them icons if you don't go into a specific menu or use a specific application.

My current progress goes something like this:

Launcher = 100%
OS theme = 95%
Camera = 99%
Clock = 99%
Email = 0% (I don't use the email app, so it's left until last)
Browser = 90%
Messaging = 100%
File Explorer = 99%
Phone/Contacts = 90%
Sound Recorder = 99%
Talk = 99%
Music = 100%
Gallery = 100%

Basically anything that's 99% is an icon or an xml value I need to change. Anything at 90% is a few icons I need to change and maybe a tweak here and there. And the 95% for the OS theme is because that's pretty much perfect, but I find myself going back and making very minor adjustments every so often.

I don't want people to get too hyped for the ROM as all it is at the end of the day is a new Gingerbread ROM that looks pretty and is fast. It won't have buttery smooth animations like Jelly Bean as that's impossible on Gingerbread, but it will be the fastest Gingerbread ROM. So if you're someone who likes bleeding edge and lots of customization options then it may not be for you. If, however, you just want a pretty ROM that's fast, is great for gaming and has everything working then you'll be happy. And to give you some idea of what options you can expect, they're all already in H3 Blues. And I may in fact remove the equalizer as I've honestly never used it as I find that Dolby does a much better job and that has it's own equalizer options anyway.

The problem isn't the ROM itself , is that you get people too hyped for it . Be like Samsung when they're about to release their next big thing...

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
How would I get people too hyped for it if all I've done is show some screenshots so that I could get feedback? Yes, the feedbacks been rather positive, but it's the people who are then saying they can't wait, even though I've made it clear multiple times that I'm pushed for time and don't work on this daily. And I know I've said things like it's the fastest stock Gingerbread ROM, but isn't that to be expected after all of the time I've put into it.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

How would I get people too hyped for it if all I've done is show some screenshots so that I could get feedback? Yes, the feedbacks been rather positive, but it's the people who are then saying they can't wait, even though I've made it clear multiple times that I'm pushed for time and don't work on this daily. And I know I've said things like it's the fastest stock Gingerbread ROM, but isn't that to be expected after all of the time I've put into it.

Remember themarkoface ? And it's update for Skatie called Inovative Creations ? Well remember the fiasco and war when he sad about his ROM being the "fastest stock Gingerbread ROM" ?

Stuff happens .... In some way bad stuff happens. If you know what i mean.....

Edited by WiiSky70, 11 May 2013 - 05:14 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,926 posts
The thing there is I called him out on some stuff and then he brought up benchmarks, to which I said his aren't accurate as he's also including his SD Card score.

All gingerbread ROM's should score about the same, but the system UI can still "feel" faster. And that's what I'm saying. With how I've set everything up scrolling is fast and smooth, the launcher is fast and I've made things such as image viewing much faster by adjusting some things. Package that together and although it may score not much better than H3 Blues in benchmarks it will still feel faster to you. And that I guarantee.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

WiiSky70

WiiSky70

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

The thing there is I called him out on some stuff and then he brought up benchmarks, to which I said his aren't accurate as he's also including his SD Card score.

All gingerbread ROM's should score about the same, but the system UI can still "feel" faster. And that's what I'm saying. With how I've set everything up scrolling is fast and smooth, the launcher is fast and I've made things such as image viewing much faster by adjusting some things. Package that together and although it may score not much better than H3 Blues in benchmarks it will still feel faster to you. And that I guarantee.

It must have a Quality Seal on it right :D ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users