Photo

[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
1189 replies to this topic

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
Against your result yes, but that benchmark I done wasn't optimized or anything. As you can see I have apps running in the background, but that's besides the point. I could be an extra 50 points ahead and you'd still find it hard to notice the difference and that goes for any ROM. People just keep trying to make it into a vs. situation or taking things personally, and for what? At the end of the day it's the users who use our software that benefit. All I've said is that for me personally I get the best scores on H3 Blues and I even said they're not by much and it's not really noticeable in usage. I've been fair about what I've said as I've shown evidence of it and I know anyone who uses the ROM can reproduce the same results, but as I said, everyones CPU is different and if yours doesn't scale as fast as someone elses then the result may be just under what someone else gets.

Edited by H3ROS, 23 May 2012 - 05:26 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

My blog website: codeshed.co.uk

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 5
Use performance governor to eliminate the scaling issue :) it'll be at defined Max frequency all the time.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts
  • Interests:Alien Life
  • Devices:Nexus 4

Against your result yes, but that benchmark I done wasn't optimized or anything. As you can see I have apps running in the background, but that's besides the point. I could be an extra 50 points ahead and you'd still find it hard to notice the difference and that goes for any ROM. People just keep trying to make it into a vs. situation or taking things personally, and for what? At the end of the day it's the users who use our software that benefit. All I've said is that for me personally I get the best scores on H3 Blues and I even said they're not by much and it's not really noticeable in usage. I've been fair about what I've said as I've shown evidence of it and I know anyone who uses the ROM can reproduce the same results, but as I said, everyones CPU is different and if yours doesn't scale as fast as someone elses then the result may be just under what someone else gets.

but that's the thing... i can, and have fixed the low 2d graphics score when using other governors than lagfree...
so how could it be because of diff hardware?
if i run benchmark on any of the currant releases of the roms, without lagfree governor 2d graphics scores no more than 141...
but after applying my fix its higher than 275???

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
@ C3C0
That'd help with speed, but hammer battery :P What I'd really like to play with is a kernel that can overclock and also undervolt. I'm sure the Blade has that ability, but not the Skate?

I find it all kind of silly really that people get the way they do over some figures. I guess some people like competition, but it's all rather pointless because if any of us add something that helps save battery or improves the speed of the gingerbread ROM's then pretty much every other developer will adopt it anyway.

@ tillaz
I've no idea why that happens for you for the current 2.3.5 ROM's, but I promise you all my tests have been done with ondemand and I'm sure someone using either SKatie or H3B can go past 141 for 2D.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

If you like my ROM's then please consider a donation. A lot of time and effort went into them. Thank you.

HybridEffect

HybridEffect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Monte Carlo

but that's the thing... i can, and have fixed the low 2d graphics score when using other governors than lagfree...
so how could it be because of diff hardware?
if i run benchmark on any of the currant releases of the roms, without lagfree governor 2d graphics scores no more than 141...
but after applying my fix its higher than 275???

R13 is the one I used when doing the benchmark with ondemand gov

or are you talking about the newer release?

sorry if im just butting in :P

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

@ tillaz
It requires a different music.apk entirely as it's not dealt with simply by XML files. It'd be much easier if it was, but it's not.

I won't argue about things because it's wasting my energy when people keep moving the goalposts. But no, I don't aim anything at AtomicMod, you simply think I am so take it personally. And you're wrong about the 2D settings because it's scoring 270+ for me and others can reproduce it, that I promise.

that's the only reason why Dolby profiles force closes in logcmod witch uses the stock orange music.apk... its missing the code from androidmanifest.xml

this

<activity android:label="@string/mediapickerlabel" android:name="com.android.music.MediaPickerActivity" android:exported="false" />
	    <activity android:label="@string/dolby_sound_setting" android:name="DolbySoundSetting" />
	    <activity android:label="@string/dolby_Parameter_setting" android:name="DolbyParameterSetting" />
	    <activity android:label="@string/dolby_rename" android:name="DolbyRename" />
	    <activity android:label="@string/dolby_video_settings" android:name="DolbyVideoSettings">
		    <intent-filter>
			    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
			    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
		    </intent-filter>
	    </activity>
	    <activity android:label="@string/dolby_vodie_mode_switch" android:name="DolbyVideoModeSwitch">
		    <intent-filter>
			    <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
			    <category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
		    </intent-filter>
	    </activity>

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
I didn't use any of LogicMod when porting Dolby so I wouldn't know. I just remembered that the Orange ROM had more Dolby options so I deodexed it, found out it's DRM requirements and got it all working. And then for the first version of this ROM I had Dolby audio without any DRM, but found a bug and I need to spend some time digging through that.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

I didn't use any of LogicMod when porting Dolby so I wouldn't know. I just remembered that the Orange ROM had more Dolby options so I deodexed it, found out it's DRM requirements and got it all working. And then for the first version of this ROM I had Dolby audio without any DRM, but found a bug and I need to spend some time digging through that.

i know, im just saying because its the same music.apk from the orange rom, and that was the small problem stopping logicmod having full Dolby

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
From what release was that? Since it looks like in R3 you replaced it with google music and in R2 it's not got any dolby or drm information in your music application.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

From what release was that? Since it looks like in R3 you replaced it with google music and in R2 it's not got any dolby or drm information in your music application.

because i stopped working on that rom and never released the fix.. but that's why it never worked,
when i did to include stock music.apk in logicmod (at the start R1 used stock orange music.apk) it would force close when selecting Dolby profiles...
this was because of the missing code (activity's) in androidmanifest.xml mentioned above

logicmod is based on stock orange rom... that has dolby as default (same place it was ported from)

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
Ah, so you never included it and it's only now you realize what might of fixed it. That must be a kick to "the goods" to know you come so close lol.

Between yourself, C3C0 and me we've all contributed to Dolby in some way and I've credited the both of you. It just so happens that I put the pieces of the puzzle together and had the full Dolby experience working first with no side effects, and being an audio geek I'm happy with that. And since then I've further enhanced the audio features and started to look more into performance tweaks as theres a lot I could do, especially if I was to recompile some of the ROM from source, but right now I don't have that much free time.

*EDIT*
I see tilal6991 looked at this thread and it made me think of a good way to put things across. Basically no matter what you, me or anyone else adds to these gingerbread ROM's it's all for the users and they don't often care that much about which is the fastest as long as what they're using works well. Now for me, personally, I want to use ICS but I want everything to be fully working first. When it is I'd love that ROM even if it scored less in the benchmarks simply because I'd like it's style and that it does everything I need it to do.

Edited by H3ROS, 23 May 2012 - 07:00 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

Ah, so you never included it and it's only now you realize what might of fixed it. That must be a kick to "the goods" to know you come so close lol.

Between yourself, C3C0 and me we've all contributed to Dolby in some way and I've credited the both of you. It just so happens that I put the pieces of the puzzle together and had the full Dolby experience working first with no side effects, and being an audio geek I'm happy with that. And since then I've further enhanced the audio features and started to look more into performance tweaks as theres a lot I could do, especially if I was to recompile some of the ROM from source, but right now I don't have that much free time.

*EDIT*
I see tilal6991 looked at this thread and it made me think of a good way to put things across. Basically no matter what you, me or anyone else adds to these gingerbread ROM's it's all for the users and they don't often care that much about which is the fastest as long as what they're using works well. Now for me, personally, I want to use ICS but I want everything to be fully working first. When it is I'd love that ROM even if it scored less in the benchmarks simply because I'd like it's style and that it does everything I need it to do.

that's exactly why i'm selling my lg o2x and getting the zte era... stock ics & has Dolby as stock

EDIT: it actually dose fix it, but since i changed to google music there was no use for a patch
why have i suddenly got warring points thing after seeking in this thread... iv said nothing worse than h3ros :huh:

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
I may update at some point, but I'm not someone who will replace a phone every year, or even every 2 years. I often have only upgraded my phone if I've felt that applications are having problems supporting my device and if I see something at a reasonable price. Like I wouldn't spend £250 on a phone, but £150 or £199 I might depending on the spec. And in a way I regret buying the OMC because if I had of waited until now then I could of got an Huawei G300 which will be getting ICS and performs better.

I just seen your edit. I've no idea whats gone on there.

Edited by H3ROS, 23 May 2012 - 07:28 PM.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

tillaz

tillaz

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,853 posts

I may update at some point, but I'm not someone who will replace a phone every year, or even every 2 years. I often have only upgraded my phone if I've felt that applications are having problems supporting my device and if I see something at a reasonable price. Like I wouldn't spend £250 on a phone, but £150 or £199 I might depending on the spec. And in a way I regret buying the OMC because if I had of waited until now then I could of got an Huawei G300 which will be getting ICS and performs better.

yeah, armv6 is ancient now, its the only thing that lets the skate down... think i would rather go for the mimosa x than the g300.
tegra 2 is great for audio and video playback, it plays just about every file format straight out the box.. even mkv and wma
http://www.nvidia.co...ct/tegra-2.html

Riz1

Riz1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540
Just two questions:

1. Does the compass work on this ROM? I am currently using Ice Armour 3 and the compass orientation in Google Maps is way out.

2. Do I need to do a full data and cache wipe prior to installing this ROM.

Thanks.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
1. The last I checked it worked fine, although google maps doesn't come with the ROM. Just an FYI.

2. You can, but when installing it will do it for you too.

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

ErCordobes

ErCordobes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Hello H3ROS! I have found a bug. When you go to settings, setting H3 Blue, Power button widget order and move a button. In the notification bar disappears 2G/3G option and do not know how to fix it.

Help please! In the forum I frequent happens to everyone! You can see here: http://www.htcmania....t=383030&page=8 But this in Spanish LOL.

I hope you can help. Thank you!

Edited by ErCordobes, 24 May 2012 - 08:02 PM.

H3ROS

H3ROS

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
Already fixed for the next release, but I'm not sure when I will release it. I'm currently working a little on some theme related stuff and testing my battery life after modifying a lot of the framework files, among other things :)

BNqXLPC.pnghIMMF2y.png

ErCordobes

ErCordobes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
Thanks you! I will wait!

Doctoc

Doctoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry, but i dont understand why not you create a team to make; with you heros, tillaz, ceco, and maybe tillal (tillal because he's work on ics) the best rom for this phone?
Like the CM team..

About all last posts..
My appologies heros but the first rom how i can launch dead space without bug and a good framerate, it's with a atomic.
It's because the possibilities of atomic if i buy my skate, and 3 others for my friends.
Dolby.. ok you ADAPT dolby here, but dolby is copyrighted ;) it's a reverse engeenering... true? And without DRM.. O.O ...
Stop talking about law... ;)
But i dont care, it's a great thing for us.. Really.. thanks!!
It's the same for the bravia engine, god damnit, i'm happy, we are happy! But here thanks tillaz..
If you need make copyrighted things.. go to apple, it's probably the best way,...
But in this case, your reverse engeenering.. sorry about that,.. you put that in your as*..
You can see a guys from CM come here to say at tillal or ceco for CM7/9, "hey guys it's my work?".
No, the best with android, it's the possibilities to have a open minds communities.
If one thing is good for me, it's good for you...

I'm just a observer, i'm folow you.. all 4 here for a ... good time.
I don't want a war!!
No, i hope you make a team for the best.

I hope (again^^) you understand me, it's difficult to me to speak english
Tell me if you can't read, i make a google translation. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users