[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest jtharmor

Had some battery issues with atomic hence giving his a go.............nice so far.......hope battery life is good like the ROM itself...

Have to admit this is by far the smoothest and best performance ROM out here on skate forum !! Gr8 work H3ROS

Edited by jtharmor

Guest H3ROS

Thanks. I spent a fair amount of time trying different settings and optimizing the framework so it's nice to know it shows in areas.

I think battery comes down to how much you use the phone. Like for me so far I've had the phone laying around so that I can receive texts and calls. I've watched 1 or 2 things on youtube and browsed for 5 to 10 minutes and I have WiFi on 24/7 with IM+ Pro connected via Push. So far the phones been on 1 day, 17 hours and 22 minutes and I've got 77% battery.

Guest jtharmor

Would love following enhancements if possible....

1) Blue line below status bar to be removed........ :)

2) Latest version of music player(but dolby will not work on it i think)

Guest H3ROS

I'm thinking about theme variants so I'll keep that in mind :)

Heres an addon for Google Play Music. Just keep in mind that it may not fit in theme wise since the application uses a lot of it's own resources which are ICS themed. It's also a lot laggier than the stock music application, and of course it doesn't have direct access to the Dolby settings.

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/L6KwfVNZC5/

Guest jtharmor

Heres an addon for Google Play Music. Just keep in mind that it may not fit in theme wise since the application uses a lot of it's own resources which are ICS themed. It's also a lot laggier than the stock music application, and of course it doesn't have direct access to the Dolby settings.

So does it mean that dolby will work even on this app ? only settings have to be done from settings

Guest jtharmor

So does it mean that dolby will work even on this app ? only settings have to be done from settings

Guest H3ROS

Dolby will function, but you need to go into the other music application to change it's EQ effects or into the systems sound settings to disable Dolby.

Guest H3ROS

Options button > Settings > Sound > Enable Dolby Mobile

It's not such a big deal I suppose since Dolby is great to have enabled all of the time anyway ^_^

Edited by H3ROS

Guest jtharmor

Options button > Settings > Sound > Enable Dolby Mobile

It's not such a big deal I suppose since Dolby is great to have enabled all of the time anyway ^_^

Mate i am talking about dolby settings which are thr eg. Dolby Profile(custom, rock,etc.).......is it possible that the Sound effects click on the Google Music opens those settings rather than the equilizer ?

Guest H3ROS

@ Gagas1

It depends what you're after. I use the stock settings as I feel they're the best, but if you wanted more battery then maybe SmartassV2 with the max speed at 480MHz.

Heres a useful guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

@ jtharmor

That requires you to go into the stock music application to launch the Dolby settings. I could probably modify Google Music, that's if I can get it to decompile and recompile. I'll look into it :)

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

Using Windows 7 and it's working fine here. I'm with giffgaff but I'm thinking maybe your provider has blocked tethering? Often when that happens the stock applications fail to work and you end up having to use something from the maket to bypass it.

Guest H3ROS

On the other forum this does well on I've noticed some questions, although they seem odd to me since they're poorly translated. Heres some answers anyway.

1. Sound in the latest version of the ROM is exactly the same as it was in earlier versions.
  2. The ROM fits onto a 150MB partition with 2MB cache.
  3. The C3C0 kernel supplied with this ROM performs better than the Z3 kernel (more battery).
  4. No sensor parameters have been changed. If you're having problems go to Settings > H3 Blues settings > Proximity Sensor Calibration.
  5. You can give specific contacts a ringtone by selecting the contact and pressing the menu button (center hardware button). From the menu select options and then you'll see the option.
Edited by H3ROS

Guest dibbles

My wife is still using version 1.2 of this ROM and this app...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.gpo.greenpower&hl=en

"Green Power" behaves as it should and puts the phone into airplane mode at 2200 and off again at 0600.

I have changed mine to a clean install of 1.3 and yet, with the same night mode settings, that app will no longer work and thus airplane mode does not get used.

Have you any idea as to what could prevent this app from applying its power saving modes in the 1.3 update..?

Guest H3ROS

Could it be an application bug? I see that the last update was on the 8th so maybe your wife hasn't updated yet and when she does she'll have the same issue?

The only thing I can say is that I've not changed anything that should effect the airplane mode.

Guest dibbles

I thought that too, regarding an application. But we both have the same apps installed. Then I ensured that any apps in the memory were closed as a temporary test to see if airplane mode could be turned on by the GreenPower app. Even though it places a "half moon" icon in the status bar, to indicate that night mode is running, it fails to switch on the airplane mode.

The only difference, ROM wise, with our phones is that my wife's is running an older version of this ROM than mine. There must ne some other small detail in the app or ROM setting that I'm missing but it is no nig deal because...

I installed the app that you linked to and set a new profile for it to out the phone in airplane mode each night and then off again in the morning and it worked last night. I saw it go into airplane mode and it is off again this morning and I do have signal, so all seems well.

:)

Thanks for your help.