• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RobTQ

RobTQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:OSF / Ascend G300
Does anyone know how to remove the Huawei customization, such as the launcher, and so get back to stock Android look. I have B886 installed (so no Vodafone bloat), rooted and tried uninstalling the Huawei Launcher with APK Root Uninstaller. But after a restart the phone would not get past the android splash screen? Has anyone else managed it?

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
I use rom toolbox pro,it can remove system apps,and convert user apps to system apps.
Or if you want a free app,use titanium backup.

Edited by jikobutsu, 16 May 2012 - 01:32 PM.

BLaZiNgSPEED

BLaZiNgSPEED

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ascend G300
I thought you aren't supposed to remove the Huawei Launcher. :huh:
This is a system app, I don't think it's part of the Vodafone bloatware. Plus if you can't get back to the android splash screen after a restart then that must explain that the Huawei Launcher is an important app that mustn't be removed!

Always back-up before removing stuff like that or you may brick your phone.

jikobutsu

jikobutsu

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts
  • Devices:OSD
First thing I done was remove the launcher,obviously you need another launcher installed before removing it.

Edited by jikobutsu, 16 May 2012 - 01:48 PM.

RobTQ

RobTQ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:OSF / Ascend G300
Is there a launcher that will let me get back to using the standard Android scrolling app menu? The Huawei app menu which I assume comes as part of their launcher is annoying.

Muznyu

Muznyu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Huawei G300

Does anyone know how to remove the Huawei customization, such as the launcher, and so get back to stock Android look. I have B886 installed (so no Vodafone bloat), rooted and tried uninstalling the Huawei Launcher with APK Root Uninstaller. But after a restart the phone would not get past the android splash screen? Has anyone else managed it?

Removing the stock launcher isn't a problem (use Titanium Backup), but first you have to install another launcher. Your ROM have to contain at least one launcher, otherwise the phone won't work. GO Launcher EX is a decent one, I recommend it to you, it's a well customizable launcher.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users