Huawei Launcher

Guest RobTQ

Guest RobTQ

Does anyone know how to remove the Huawei customization, such as the launcher, and so get back to stock Android look. I have B886 installed (so no Vodafone bloat), rooted and tried uninstalling the Huawei Launcher with APK Root Uninstaller. But after a restart the phone would not get past the android splash screen? Has anyone else managed it?

I use rom toolbox pro,it can remove system apps,and convert user apps to system apps.

Or if you want a free app,use titanium backup.

Edited by Guest

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

I thought you aren't supposed to remove the Huawei Launcher. :huh:

This is a system app, I don't think it's part of the Vodafone bloatware. Plus if you can't get back to the android splash screen after a restart then that must explain that the Huawei Launcher is an important app that mustn't be removed!

Always back-up before removing stuff like that or you may brick your phone.

First thing I done was remove the launcher,obviously you need another launcher installed before removing it.

Edited by Guest

Guest RobTQ

Is there a launcher that will let me get back to using the standard Android scrolling app menu? The Huawei app menu which I assume comes as part of their launcher is annoying.

Guest Muznyu

Does anyone know how to remove the Huawei customization, such as the launcher, and so get back to stock Android look. I have B886 installed (so no Vodafone bloat), rooted and tried uninstalling the Huawei Launcher with APK Root Uninstaller. But after a restart the phone would not get past the android splash screen? Has anyone else managed it?

Removing the stock launcher isn't a problem (use Titanium Backup), but first you have to install another launcher. Your ROM have to contain at least one launcher, otherwise the phone won't work. GO Launcher EX is a decent one, I recommend it to you, it's a well customizable launcher.