Cocked up!

Guest andysalmon

Guest andysalmon

Hi All!

"Playing" with my G300 in ROM Toolbox (never a good thing!) I deleted the stock dialer thinking that a downloaded dialer I have would substitute it. It doesn't and I forgot to back up first! Doh!

Now my SIM services have stopped and I get a Force Close message when I use "Call Settings".

Any ideas?

Guest Gary_J_Wright

paul has some stock images of the vodafone 882, could you not extract the dialer from that and replace? , pretty sure the update to 885 only alters a few things like volume etc, so the 882 dialer and 885 dialer would be the same

http://www.modaco.com/topic/353396-g300-stock-rom-boot-img-recovery-img-system-targz/

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest andysalmon

Whilst I'm capable of following idiots guides! I'm not really confident of how to extract the files from a ROM. Would it simply be a case of downloading the ROM and extracting the files and copying to the phone directory?

Download one of stock roms and take out the app you need.Now with root explorer or the like move that app to system and change permissions to 644.

After doing that,move the app to system/app and reboot.

Taking a app from a rom is a simple thing,just use 7zip to take it out,or if the rom is on sd card,use root explorer,es or rom tool box

Edited by Guest

Guest andysalmon

Thanks. I've just downloaded the ROM and checked, but the dialler file isn't called "dialler" as it was in my current ROM. There are multiple "keypad" references in the USR file but no dialler? I'll pick this up tomoz, up at 5 am! Thanks so far!

Guest Gary_J_Wright

IF you can remember what you took out just replace as above ... if not

I think your best bet would either be the stock 882 vodafone rom

http://www.modaco.co...ms-from-huawei/

and OTA update to 885<

if you have root and clockwork installed and feel brave and take a backup 1st!.....

paul has a rom called GR1 B888 based on the B888 rom (but i think it KEEPS the original partitions sizes)

http://www.modaco.co...ated-optimised/

I would NOT install the original leaked B888 as this WILL changes the partition sizes

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest FlatPackPete

IF you still want to just extract them without reflashing the APK's are called "Phone.apk" and "TelephonyProvider.apk" (I think you need both) and are in /system/app/

Guest andysalmon

Thanks for the help, I've managed to locate and copy the files to SD card but "Root Explorer" won't copy them to the System file on the phone. Any root explorer recommendations?

Edited by andysalmon

In root explorer there is a tab at top of screen to mount system as writable,if you dont select it you wont be able to work with system.

Rom toolbox has a root explorer as does es file explorer.My personal favorite is Xplore as it allows you to open apks and theme them :)

Edited by Guest

Guest andysalmon

Completely missed the root explorer on ROM toolbox :blink:

Files moved over and all is now working again. Many, MANY thanks to you all. :) Now please excuse me whilst I take myself outside for a talking to for playing about with ROM Toolbox without backing up :wacko: