[Tool][Linux] ZTE Porting Tool

Guest XMasterNinni

Guest XMasterNinni

ZTE Porting Tool

Easy ROM Porting for everyone

***************************************************************************************************************

What the hell is this?

The ZTE Porting Tool is a tool that makes it easy

to port ROMs between ZTE Devices (currently only ZTE Skate <-> ZTE Blade)

Easy, Fast and Simple to use.

What do I have to do?

With this script, you just have to obtain the ROM you want to port.

This Tool automatically downloads the ROM you need as base and unzips it.

Just follow the instructions.

******************************************************************************************************************

Supported Devices

• ZTE Blade
  • ZTE Skate
  • ZTE Crescent

Devices, you can port from...

-> ZTE Devices

-> Other devices with armv6 chip

-> HDPI recommend

******************************************************************************************************************

Install Instructions

(Tested on Ubuntu 11.10 and Windows with Cygwin)

Read the readme inside the tool!

Important Notice

<<First start the tool, then extract the ROM you want to port.>>

*******************************************************************************************************************

Download

Download Now!

Planing to release your Port?

Everyone ist allowed to puplish a Port you did with that Tool, aslong as he gives Credits to...

• The original Developer of the ROM you ported
    • The Developer of the ROM(s) this tool uses as base (tilal6991 [CM7 Skate], C3C0 [2.3.5 Skate], CyanogenmodTeam [CM7 Blade]
    • Me (tongue.png)

***********************************************************************************************************************

Edited by XMasterNinni

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XMasterNinni

Have a look at github! (=Download Link)

But WiFi/BT should now work out the box for the Skate and probably the Crescent.

Guest robt77

A pity, that there aren't much testers/porters here at the Crescent Forum...

I am up for a challenge and will try and port a ROM from the Blade to the Crescent and will let you know how I get on

I have attempted to port three Roms. Only one has worked and booted correctly, there are a couple of issues with wifi and camera not working.. but it actually worked and booted into the phone.

two of them when I tried to flash the rom I got the following error message assert failed: write_raw_image ("/tmp/boot,img". "boot") Error in sdcard/port.zip (status 7) Have had a bit of a googe to see what the issue is but to be honest it was a bit above me.

Edited by robt77

Guest surfungus

Hi guys, had a little play yesterday, cool tool btw XMasterNinni, using mint instead of the cygwin. Everything seemed to go well, ended up with a port.zip, It's just when I tried to flash it (usual no wipe, no whine method) I got this,

assert failed : write_raw_image ("/tmp/boot.img,"boot")

E :error in /sdcard/atomiccrescent.zip

(status 7)

Any Ideas, I'm still very new to all this :unsure: and wouldn't mind not bricking my phone :P

I've just done another port (SKatie), so i'll try flashing that shortly.

cheers surf

Guest XMasterNinni

@surfungus

@robt77

Open your port.zip and have a look if the structure is correct. There should be a "boot.img" and two folders called "META-INF" and "system".

If that's correct, look at the boot.img. The file size should be around 3mb, not 0 Byte.

You can also try to use another META-INF folder.

Edited by XMasterNinni

Guest surfungus

Hi XMaster, thanks for the reply.

In my port.zip I have the three files you say, boot.img is 3.2MB, system is 127.5MB and META-INF is 389.6kB

I'll try another META-INF and see how that goes.

@robt77 Hi mate, good work getting to boot, could you please tell me what was the booting port you did, maybe we can try the META-INF from that...

cheers surf

Guest raverrr

Status 7 is usually an updater script error. ex something in the script doesn't exist in the rom.

Edit: you can use dsixda's kitchen to check these scripts for errors.

Guest robt77

@XMasterNinni

@ surfungus

It was the Mokee OS for Blade Rom that I ported with success. To be honest I think it was more luck than judgement. Is it just a case of copying the META-INF files from the working port rom to the unsuccessful ones and seeing if it works? My technical knowledge is a bit limited but am keen to learn.

Edit Like Surf my unsuccessful Roms had three files that looked about the right size

Edit, I changed the META-INF files from the successful Rom to the unsucessful rom and I got error can't open sdcard.port.zip (bad) installation aborted

Edited by robt77

Guest raverrr

@XMasterNinni

@ surfungus

It was the Mokee OS for Blade Rom that I ported with success. To be honest I think it was more luck than judgement. Is it just a case of copying the META-INF files from the working port rom to the unsuccessful ones and seeing if it works? My technical knowledge is a bit limited but am keen to learn.

Edit Like Surf my unsuccessful Roms had three files that looked about the right size

That might work, you would be Better off familiarising yourself with the files first. If you want a nice clean script and binary to start with I recommend taking a look at one of sebastien404's. He posted a debranded ROM and wrote it from scratch. So you know three will be no useless entries :) failing that, if outs a CM7 based ROM just "pinch" the updater script from dazzozo's CM7 build.

Sorry to butt in :)

Guest robt77

That might work, you would be Better off familiarising yourself with the files first. If you want a nice clean script and binary to start with I recommend taking a look at one of sebastien404's. He posted a debranded ROM and wrote it from scratch. So you know three will be no useless entries :) failing that, if outs a CM7 based ROM just "pinch" the updater script from dazzozo's CM7 build.

Thanks raverrr, Butt in as much as you like :) In Terms of checking the files between the debranded Rom and the one I ported, what is the best programme to view/edit in. I use ubuntu on a pc.

Edited by robt77

Guest XMasterNinni

My portingtool already uses sebastian404's debranded ROM for 2.3.5.

@robt77

Meld

Guest app10336

Thanks raverrr, Butt in as much as you like :) In Terms of checking the files between the debranded Rom and the one I ported, what is the best programme to view/edit in. I use ubuntu on a pc.

" Kompare " from Kde suite ?

Guest robt77

My portingtool already uses sebastian404's debranded ROM for 2.3.5.

@robt77

Meld

Thanks, will have a look at Meld later on.

I found the installer script for the port rom I tried and for the debranded Rom and they are totally different, but I am sure they both use cm7?

Also if I do change some files or want to replace what I think is wrong. Is there a special way to compile the zip file or can I just compress all the required files togther as a zip file. Sorry if it is a stupid question that even a novice would ask :)

Guest raverrr

Thanks, will have a look at Meld later on.

I found the installer script for the port rom I tried and for the debranded Rom and they are totally different, but I am sure they both use cm7?

Also if I do change some files or want to replace what I think is wrong. Is there a special way to compile the zip file or can I just compress all the required files togther as a zip file. Sorry if it is a stupid question that even a novice would ask :)

the zip should just be an archive with no compression. And the debranded ROM isn't CM7 :)

Guest robt77

Thanks Raverr - I said I was worse than a novice :) Got a lot more info thanks everyone who has helped, I am going to have a play and see if I can get anywhere with it. No doubt i will be back on later asking more stupid questions