Custom rom and ICS

Guest detrox

Guest detrox

HI ALL Can somebody pls get the video tutorial or full instructions how install http://www.modaco.com/topic/353123-ics-cm9-404-cyanogenmod-9-for-the-zte-crescent-rom-last-updated-1905/ on orange san francisco 2 with original orange rom and orange android ??? thxx and plsss...because my mobile is slow or is some faster system how ICS for my phone ?? because my original rom and android is slow and games lag

Guest robt77

Hi, there probably are video tutorials out there but the instructions I found easiest to root and install clockworkmod that allows you to install a custom rom was those found at this website

http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/how-to-debrand-install-a-custom-rom-android-4-0-from-scratch-on-the-orange-san-francisco-ii-zte-crescent/

Even though it says it on the instructions remember to back up everything you want to save before embarking on the process. Once you have followed the above download the Rom of your choice and copy it to your SD card and follow the instructions on Dazzozo thread and you will have ICS installed in no time

Guest robt77

it is definitely quicker, the only things not working are

Not Working:

• Panorama
  • Hardware decoding (HQ YouTube requires high OC to get working)
  • Front Camera

I find it musch better than the stock oranage rom. If those things are vitally important install the FishNChips Rom that can be found here

It is not ICS but Gingerbread but still quicker than the stock orange Rom

Guest robt77

it is personal preference really. I enjoy having the latest Android version on my phone. Either is better than the stock Orange Rom

What I suggest is you download both Roms install FishN Chips first and have a play around with it and once you have it set up as you want, boot into recovery and back up your system.

Then flash ICS and have a play around with it and then if you want to revert back to Fish and Chips boot into recovery and restore or if you like ICsS carry on as you are

Guest detrox

robt77 can u get video tutorial ? :D because i am newbie in this and i dont know how i install fishnchips next install ics and get backup to fish and hips :D

Guest robt77

I have had a quick look and there is no video i could for the San Francisco2. Everyone is new at the whole rooting installing custom roms once. I bricked my sony xperia mini x10 :(

Follow the instructions on the first link I gave and you should be able to install clockwork Mod relatively easily. This programe will allow you to install and back up Roms. Once installed back up your Stock Orange Rom so if anything does go wrong you can always get back to your original Rom. then download the Rom of choice and move to the sd card of your phone and then boot into recovery choose wipe data/factory re set and then install the zip from sd card and you should see the rom that you transferred and you will be good to go

Guest detrox

ok thx u i use the first link what u post here i test fish and chips and next ics thx and when i will have som problem can i write u ?

Guest robt77

ok thx u i use the first link what u post here i test fish and chips and next ics thx and when i will have som problem can i write u ?

yes no probs

Guest detrox

pls robt how i can install clockworkmod recovery ?? i use the ur link and it only write waiting for device and i have this more than 20 minute pls can u give me some instructions ?

Guest BLu3HaZe

No, forget about root for now. It comes already installed in the custom ROMs found here. First check if your drivers are installed correctly.

Guest detrox

bluehaze pls when u have sf 2 cant u use the original orange rom and get full video tutorial ????

i thing my drivers are o.k because i click on the clockinstall.bat and my phone reboot and i see only orange logo and in cmd.exe is the waiting for device

Guest BLu3HaZe

Unfortunately, I'm on CM7 at the moment and don't have the stock firmware with me. And as I'm currently in an area where internet is slower than snail mail, I won't be able to upload a video even if I was able to make one.

But if you have any issues, I can try to help you out and I will use the most simple English possible.

Ok, so now ClockWorkMod (CWM) is installed? You can check it by --

1. Turn off phone

2. Hold Volume Down button

3. Press the Power button while still holding Volume Down

4. Green Andy should come and then your screen get bright, then go to a menu in blue (if you used the files there)

This screen if you did it properly --

clockworkmodrecovery.jpg

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest BLu3HaZe

Ok, it's always good to have a full backup of both your device and your SD incase you make a mistake. Let us know once you get to the CWM recovery.

Guest detrox

i have last question ..is chance for the brick my phone ?? and when i brick my phone can i unbrick it ? or it will forever brick ?

Guest robt77

if you have installed cwm and backed up your stock rom it is unlikely you will ever totally brick your phone how ever if a custom rom goes wrong you can always reboot into recovery and restore your backed up stock rom.

Guest BLu3HaZe

Well if you mess up real bad, there is always a chance to brick it, but that is a risk you take/accept for flashing your phone, and installing a different ROM by yourself. Whether "forever brick" or "can unbrick", depends on how bad the damage is.

I'm sorry I can't be of much help in recovering phones cuz I've thus far never bricked a single device from maybe a dozen I've flashed myself and don't understand how you can brick it if you're careful :wacko:

Guest BLu3HaZe

if you have installed cwm and backed up your stock rom it is unlikely you will ever totally brick your phone how ever if a custom rom goes wrong you can always reboot into recovery and restore your backed up stock rom.

Is it possible to recover from a corrupt bootloader/recovery/system? Which could be possible by flashing a wrong file the wrong way, I guess.

Guest Dazzozo

It's possible to recover from a corrupt recovery, and if you mean system as a partition then that too. You just fastboot a working recovery over the top of recovery and carry on as normal.

What can really brick you for good is a bad radio flash, or unlock. But if you don't touch that stuff you should never have to worry about it.

Guest detrox

wohoo ... all is done ... and now i have problem :D when i first run phone i click restore files and idk :D from gmail acc and now when i run internet all what i have before is downloading now how i can stop this ?

Guest robt77

when you say all is done, have you installed a custom Rom or just installed cwm? if you have flashed a new rom signed into Google it will download all your apps you had in your google account.

re bricking - the only phone I totally bricked was my mini x10 I tried to chroot ubuntu on top of my custom rom and did something bad to a boot file and I could no longer boot into recovery or boot into the rom. I think I was trying to run before I could walk :)