G300 won't send MMS with APN

Guest aledpc

Guest aledpc

I've unlocked my G300, and now using my T- Mobile sim. I've put in both the internet ans mms APN's. The internet is working fine and I can receive MMS, but cannot send them, it comes up with a notification saying it's compressing the image and then just says 'sending' but never actually goes'.

I took it into the t-mobile shop and they couldn't expain it. They just told me it may not be compressing enough, though the picture was 40kb, which should be no problem via MMS should it?

Does anyone know the data limit for an mms through t-mobile? And is anyone else on t-mobile experiencing the same or able to give me any pointers on how to fix this?

One thing I notice is that there is now a seperate APN for internet and mms, but witt the same sim on my old wildfire I only needed one APN for both and that worked fine.

I hardly ever send MMS messages, but not beingable to really annoys me. Im usingthe stock SMS, and im happy with it so would rather not have to change to something like Go SMS Pro to resolve this (thiugh even that may not fix it anyway)

Guest RussellS

This is a quote from Wikipedia (so it must be true ;) ) regarding the MMS standard:

Although the standard does not specify a maximum size for a message, 300 kB is the current recommended size used by networks due to some limitations on the WAP gateway side.

So a 40kb picture would be fine.

Edited by RussellS

Guest putbinoot

I've unlocked my G300, and now using my T- Mobile sim. I've put in both the internet ans mms APN's. The internet is working fine and I can receive MMS, but cannot send them, it comes up with a notification saying it's compressing the image and then just says 'sending' but never actually goes'.

I took it into the t-mobile shop and they couldn't expain it. They just told me it may not be compressing enough, though the picture was 40kb, which should be no problem via MMS should it?

Does anyone know the data limit for an mms through t-mobile? And is anyone else on t-mobile experiencing the same or able to give me any pointers on how to fix this?

One thing I notice is that there is now a seperate APN for internet and mms, but witt the same sim on my old wildfire I only needed one APN for both and that worked fine.

I hardly ever send MMS messages, but not beingable to really annoys me. Im usingthe stock SMS, and im happy with it so would rather not have to change to something like Go SMS Pro to resolve this (thiugh even that may not fix it anyway)

I am on Giffgaff and can't send poctures but I think it's because my data package is for internet is need credit to send pictures, will have to look into it.

Guest Davidoff59

yes on giffgaff, you need credit.

There is a part in build prop that says data doesn't have to be enabled to send mms so I'm not sure where the issues are stemming from

Guest dragpyre

Does TMobile not prove a APN app like GiffGaff do?

Guest aledpc

Does TMobile not prove a APN app like GiffGaff do?

No, but while searching I found an app called Tweakker, which changed my APN settings and I can now send MMS. Now I hove one APN which does both Internet and MMS, which is what I had previously on my Wildfire.

I'm not sure why the T-mobile website give out two seperate APN settings for these.

Guest aledpc

False alarm - Although the MMS now says 'sent' on my phone, the person I sent it to hasn't actually received it...

I can though send an MMS to myself and receive it, but am just not able to send them to others. This is puzzling.

Edited by aledpc